Episode #0019 (26 March 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:27 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Hmm, odd I imagined Mike to have a top hat and monocle :lol:.
Aside from being Roshi, I also thought of Mike to look like your steriotype nerd with a backpack bigger than him, glasses thicker than mine, and an extremely big afro. No offense, man...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Silent_Rage

Post by Silent_Rage » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:32 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:Well... if you're curious, you can find one of the three of us from AnimeNEXT 2004 right here (assuming you see this post before Mike does).

I still look pretty similar to that image, except my hair hasn't been cut in 2 months and I have about 2 weeks' beard growth as well. I think I'm also enjoying the Japanese food a little too much for my own good, but, uh... that's not important. :? As for the other two, I haven't seen them in person since AnimeNEXT last year, but I assume they're the same as always.
Cool. You guys look a lot different that what I thought you would look like.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:34 am

Wow, you almost look like a boy-band guy, Julian. xD

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:05 pm

sangofe wrote:Wow, you almost look like a boy-band guy, Julian. xD
He does now, he used to be super-manly like me :P

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:23 pm

Well, since it seems like nobody else has found any other references in this podcast ep, I was wondering if any of the cast would post here what Meri was refering to when she said something like, "stuff and junk, and stuff." I've just been kinda curious about that reference in particular...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:23 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Well, since it seems like nobody else has found any other references in this podcast ep
And oh boy, are there plenty that no-one's gotten. Both ones that I gave hints at and many more.

Since the cat's outta the bag on that one, "... stuff and junk and stuff" is a line from This is Otakudom. The full context is, "Oh, that fandub was TERRIBLE! They obviously had no script for that part. And stuff and junk and stuff."
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::