Episode #0019 (26 March 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0019 (26 March 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:31 am

Episode #0019 (download MP3)
60:30; 64 kbps, mono; 27.7 MB

Episode #0019! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri discuss their trips from last weekend -- Julian to Tokyo, Mike and Meri to NYC for the screening of DBZ Movies 6 and 12! What was is like seeing DBZ on the big screen, and how was the whole presentation handled? We announce the winner of our Red Ribbon Army contest, with news, dub-death-cover-ups, and e-mails rounding out the week. Referenced sites: Special guest: Alyssa

Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the insane *nineteen* episodes, now.

Meri's sister Alyssa was hanging out for a little bit, so we threw her on the mic. You may remember her from the old days of the Trunks Feature Films.

Our topics for the week were trips! Julian headed off to Tokyo and met up with some not-so-sexy-more-like-creepy maids, and checked out the Jump Shop. At the same time, Mike & Meri headed up to New York City to check out the screening of DBZ Movies 6 & 8 at the AMC in Times Square... in addition to going to various other places and wasting money on other DBZ items.

Beyond our game, we've got Meri's Top 5 "Seasons 1 & 2 Dub Death Cover-Ups Via Dialogue" (yes!), and the winner of our second podcast contest! Just who won the Red Ribbon Army CD...?!? Listen and find out! And e-mails! Oh, the e-mails!

(Note that we recorded the episode before the delay on Super DragonBall Z for the JP PS2 was announced/discovered, so disregard that release date and go with what's on the main page of the site.)

Oh, and don't forget to list all the in-jokes and references you got :P.

w0rd.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:46 am

You have no listing on Amazon for Advance Adventure? I still have May 4th-6th. Wootness for Canada! :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:11 am

Another great podcast, but I will win the battle for best time zone.
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

Lobster_Rage155
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lobster_Rage155 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:05 pm

But the farmer didn't actually die! It just snapped his rifle in half! Seriously, frame-by-frame, you can see the bullet hit his rifle, not him.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:25 pm

That last reference wouldn't happen to be something of an old ZStore commercial/trailer would it?
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:38 pm

I especially enjoyed Meri's list this week, I'd forgotten a couple of those. Though I'll argue with number one, it's obvious people were falling so fast we couldn't see them.....
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:30 pm

The Mole wrote:That last reference wouldn't happen to be something of an old ZStore commercial/trailer would it?
Actually I believe that was to the old Dragonball Z website and from back when the store was just an extention of it.

I also got the Akira Toryama dies and "my insert-relative-here had lunch with him" references from the rumor guide...and the other ones I've already forgotten because I'm stupid like that :D;

Anyways, good job yet again guys. (BTW EX, did you get the e-mail I sent you about a possible idea?)

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:41 pm

I loved this week's list. (Although, I was expecting the "You just wait 'till it grows back!" line, but that doesn't deal with death...just appendage decapitation.) I had almost forgot about Vegeta's "Too bad it wasn't Sunday" line. :D

Great work, everyone!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:39 pm

Thats an awsome collection of books you got there. Kinda sucks though if you wanted to buy just one more book...where would you put it? :lol:

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:55 pm

Lobster_Rage155 wrote:But the farmer didn't actually die! It just snapped his rifle in half! Seriously, frame-by-frame, you can see the bullet hit his rifle, not him.
He's absolutely silent in the original, suggesting that he WAS shot. Note how he's holding the gun after firing. Wouldn't put it past that Radditz's flicking of the bullet caused it to go right through the gun and into the farmer.

In the original English dub, the farmer was simply hurt and muttering a remark as "Ouch..that smarts.." >_>

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:19 pm

What I especially liked about this podcast was that there wasn't any real solid DBZ info that was the main topic, it was just you guys talking about all of the places you went while I stayed at home listening to your older podcasts :(. It's always cool to find out what you guys do when you're not working on the website or podcast.

Oh, and from what I know, I got a solid two of your references: the first being when you guys talked about Tien's pants falling off and someone (I think Mike) did that high pitched "whoah!" sound. I'm pretty sure that was from your guys' AMV of Enter the Dragon. The second reference I got was the old FUNi commercial, as mentioned before. I still have those commercials in my DBZ VHSs: "Remember our old FUNimation website? (fake explosion) WELL KISS IT GOODBYE!"
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:58 pm

I got the Toriyama is dead reference, the I know someone who once slept with Toriyama reference, among others which I forget. (Then, there are those that I didn't get until I read the rest of the topic, and said [in my head] "Oh yeah!" ^^; )

I was (pretty much) freaking out in my chair when it got to #2 on the death list, because then I started to remember things. (I've become such a bad fan, but I haven't seen the Ocean dub in so long; it cannot be help.) I knew #2 and then #1 before they were said. I have no recollection of #3, probably because I didn't understand it at the time of viewing the episode.

Listening to how you and Meri went to New York was cool, as was Julian's experiences in Japan, although I couldn't really relate much to the latter as I've never been to Japan. ^^; I really want to go see the movie in a theater; I don't care if the quality is bad. I've been watching M12 in bad quality on my computer, with bad subtitles, for however howmany years I've been. Yeah. D:

I wanted to know: What song was playing at the end of Episode 0019? It sounded like Kageyama (I think O_o; ), but I've never heard it before, and I liked it.

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:04 pm

All I have to say is that Demon City Shinjuku ROCKED.
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:03 am

I have one thing to day about this podcast that I loved:

"DJUHN! DJUHNDJUHNDJUHNDJUHN, DJUHNDJUHN, DJUHNDJUHNDJUHNDJUHN! I'M PICCOLO, DJUHNDJUHNDJUHN! K'PREHW!"

Finally, I hear someone else besides me make that joke when talking about Dragonball Z music.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:41 am

All I can say is...

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:50 am

desirecampbell wrote:All I can say is...
[clip image]
The song is called "Korobeiniki," and it's a Russian folk tune. :)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:49 am

Great podcast, you guys did a fine job! Although it's kinda stupid that they just air the DVD in the movies. -_- And I loved Meri's list of Dub death cover-up's! Can't wait for next week's podcast! :D

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:47 am

I've signed up especially to say this: Michael, you're the most egotistic guy I've ever known! :wink: Oh yeah, and your collection is... Pathetic! :twisted:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:26 am

Great podcast as always.
I have one question:
Would it be possible to leave the adresses for the best stores, especially import?
If I ever go to NYC again I really want to go to that place with all the Japanese people :P

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:47 pm

veshira wrote:I wanted to know: What song was playing at the end of Episode 0019? It sounded like Kageyama (I think O_o; ), but I've never heard it before, and I liked it.
Ore ga Yaranakya Dare ga Yaru is the name of the song. It's the ending theme for movie 13 and yes, it is sung by Hironobu Kageyama. :P