The Grand Kanzenshuu DB: Super User Ratings Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

The Grand Kanzenshuu DB: Super User Ratings Thread

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:05 pm

Weekly, we see TV popularity ratings from Japan for Dragon Ball Super, but there's nothing to gauge the quality of each episode. People who may want to sample Super will want to see what episodes to watch, and perhaps which to avoid. So I've created a ratings poll for Kanzenshuu:

RATE THIS WEEK'S EPISODE HERE!

Rate Previous Episodes!

Episodes are listed using the English titles. If you have the time, and have seen an episode or all episodes, please rate them on a scale of 1 to 10. If you haven't seen all the episodes, please leave a "5" as neutral. You can also see the results here:

SEE RESULTS!
SEE LATER EPISODE RESULTS

Please only vote once per episode, and don't put the voting links on other sites because this is a Kanzenshuu poll.

With all that, how do you think each episode fared so far? :thumbup: :thumbdown:
Last edited by LuckyCat on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The Grand Kanzenshuu DB: Super User Ratings Thread

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 pm

I gave episode 5 a 10/10.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 pm

I voted. Here's my personal ratings for each episode so far:

#001 - 6/10
#002 - 8/10
#003 - 6/10
#004 - 5/10
#005 - 3/10
#006 - 10/10
#007 - 7/10
#008 - 3/10
#009 - 6/10
#010 - 7/10
#011 - 10/10
#012 - 3/10
#013 - 7/10
#014 - 8/10
#015 - 5/10
#016 - 8/10

It's very inconsistent, but it's in the 6-7/10 range as a whole for now. When it's bad, man, is it bad. But when it's at its best, it's absolutely fantastic. It's the same feeling I get while re-watching any of the other series.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:30 pm

The last episode is very high, the first episodes will suffer because people don't remember them clearly. 50 votes or more and we should be getting a better picture.

Nice initiative LuckyCat.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:38 pm

The first reply doesn't inspire confidence that people are going to vote appropriately.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The first reply doesn't inspire confidence that people are going to vote appropriately.
I was honest about every episode.

Episode 5 is just...legendary, you know? Whenever people look back at this series, the first thing that will come to mind is, "do you remember episode 5? What a trip THAT was. ROFLMAO."
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Ep.1 - 6/10
Ep.2 - 7/10
Ep.3 - 7/10
Ep.4 - 5/10
Ep.5 - 3/10
Ep.6 - 6/10
Ep.7 - 7/10
Ep.8 - 4/10
Ep.9 - 7/10
Ep.10 - 8/10
Ep.11 - 6/10
Ep.12 - 5/10
Ep.13 - N/A
Ep.14 - N/A
Ep.15 - 5/10
Ep.16 - 7/10

Total:

5.9/10 - Okay
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:51 pm

16, 14, 2, 1, 11, 13, 15 are the episodes I find good in super so far (with what I think's the next best). They're in my opinion all between 7 - 9

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:21 pm

Nice to see the two "Vegeta and Whis"-centric episodes in first place.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The first reply doesn't inspire confidence that people are going to vote appropriately.
If you hover over the results, you can see a vote breakdown and determine what votes were outliers. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good for a free site.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:32 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
I was honest about every episode.

Episode 5 is just...legendary, you know? Whenever people look back at this series, the first thing that will come to mind is, "do you remember episode 5? What a trip THAT was. ROFLMAO."
I mean if people keep bringing it up over and over again while repeating the same generic jokes, of course nobodies going to forget about it. I personally don't even care about that episode anymore.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 pm

I voted for Episode 1 and then just hit submit. Does that mean I accidentally gave every other episode a zero?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:30 pm

The highest rating for an episode of Super I gave in that survey was EP16, and it seems to show as it has the highest average so far.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:38 pm

Overall it's been average which is disappointing considering it's a sequel to one of the most influential anime/manga ever made.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:25 pm

sintzu wrote:Overall it's been average which is disappointing considering it's a sequel to one of the most influential anime/manga ever made.
Being influential doesn't mean it was any good.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:41 pm

sintzu wrote:Overall it's been average which is disappointing considering it's a sequel to one of the most influential anime/manga ever made.
It's also one of the most deeply flawed, and in many areas, especially with the anime, has not aged well.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:51 pm

DBZ has aged better than pretty much every action anime of the '80s-'90s I can think of. Even then, we have Kai.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:13 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:DBZ has aged better than pretty much every action anime of the '80s-'90s I can think of. Even then, we have Kai.
That fact that Kai even exists just shows how bad DBZ has aged in many areas. Plus, there are several action anime from the 80s and 90s that have aged better than Dragon Ball has. YuYu Hakusho, Saint Seiya and Rurouni Kenshin come to mind
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:DBZ has aged better than pretty much every action anime of the '80s-'90s I can think of. Even then, we have Kai.
That fact that Kai even exists just shows how bad DBZ has aged in many ahead. Plus I there are several action anime from the 80s and 90s that have aged better than Dragon Ball has. YuYu Hakusho, Saint Seiya and Rurouni Kenshin come to mind
There's also Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion (which could be argued as to whether or not it's an "action" anime, but there's a good deal of action in it), and so on that come to mind. Dragon Ball really isn't all that special, especially not any of its anime adaptations.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
That fact that Kai even exists just shows how bad DBZ has aged in many ahead. Plus I there are several action anime from the 80s and 90s that have aged better than Dragon Ball has. YuYu Hakusho, Saint Seiya and Rurouni Kenshin come to mind
Take out Saint Seiya and you'd certainly have a point.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.