Episode #0021 (09 April 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0021 (09 April 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:33 pm

Episode #0021 (download MP3)
58:40; 64 kbps, mono; 26.8 MB

Episode #0021! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri discuss a variety of words, phrases, and people commonly referred to throughout DragonBall fandom. We also do a dramatic reading from Journey to the West in response to a listener e-mail! Worst haircuts, releases, and more round out the week. Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the sexy *twenty-one* episodes, now.

It's time for "Daizenshuu-Daizenshuu"! Just what are all those stupid phrases we keep throwing around? Who are these people? What are they saying? Where am I? What is the meaning of life?!?

You've also got your (no) news, (few) releases, Meri's list of worst haircuts... toss in a dramatic reading from Journey To The West in response to a listener e-mail, and you've got the potential for insanity!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:50 pm

My top 5:
"Canadia"
"Ten times more better"
"Jive"
"ed-ju-macated"
"DragonBall Z college"

Haha :lol:

Anyway, I was going to put up links for DVD Regoin Codes, NTSC, and other stuff - but Wikipedia is down, somehow. :?

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:08 pm

Yet another great Podcast and I give a big W00T to GoC for hosting all the episodes so far. A bit too much "fucking" for me, but I thought the little jab at Julian for playing someone gender-confused was hilarious!! And Meri made a sexy narrator. Shows need more sexy-sounding narrators!! :wink: Keep it up until at least episode 157, guys!!!:D

Jaana~!!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:11 pm

At last! This is gonna be good, and thanks for holding onto my Saiyuki question for so long guys! (Downloads)

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:12 pm

Yay Journey to the West!
I haven't seen the new live action one yet but in the classic series Tripitaka is a guy but played by a woman ( since he's meant to be innocent and child like).
( the series I'm talking about is known widely as Monkey [Amazon Link Here] and is hillarious =3).

Also I wonder if the peeing in the Toaist temple inspired the Gohan peeing scene? Probably not but a fun connection.
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:34 pm

Kirbopher wrote:At last! This is gonna be good, and thanks for holding onto my Saiyuki question for so long guys! (Downloads)
Actually, it's not *your* question, but it'll definitely apply to what you had sent ^^;;.

You can place a huge amount of blame on the amazing batch of video games that I've been playing the last several months on your question not getting answered in more detail... haha.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Awww, well that's okay. That performance of the chapter by all of you was AWESOME. I would totally make a flash movie out of that if I wasn't so busy with other projects...and KHII (I know your pain :B). So I'll continue to be patient.

Julian you really know your stuff, man! o_O

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:59 pm

Well, I just finished the episode, and eh, it was alright...

Thanks for the DeathNote news. I'm a big fan of the manga!

One more thing: Please answer my e-mail!!! :x
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:10 pm

I'm hearing some ringings which sound like coming from a small bell throughout this episode. Was that a cat (or any pets)?

A DBZ college...Who knows? There might be more stuff to learn about DBZ than we expected.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:12 pm

kvon wrote:I'm hearing some ringings which sound like coming from a small bell throughout this episode. Was that a cat (or any pets)?
Yeah, Tara (our younger cat) decided to wake up and start running around at a couple points :P.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:54 pm

:shock:

Wow, uh...the Daizex gang made fun of me, I feel honnored...

One Piece IS really great. Period. :)

Who doesn't love Kenshin?? Too bad Jinchuu got screwed.

I feel your pain Mike, I too love the long serials *coughonepieceandprinceoftenniscough*

By the way, I'm listening to your show right now...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:01 pm

kvon wrote:I'm hearing some ringings which sound like coming from a small bell throughout this episode. Was that a cat (or any pets)?

A DBZ college...Who knows? There might be more stuff to learn about DBZ than we expected.
I never hear the cat, I feel left out. I'm always straining to hear Julian, and then fumbling to turn down the volume when Mike starts talking.

Heh, I love it when Julian explains things - it sounds so official :) Plus it's funny to hear his 'Japanese voice' (but it's even softer !)

This is what happens every podcast:

Mike: Greetings, and welcome to Daizenshuu EX, the podcast.
Julian: That's right, Mike. In Japanese, "Daizenshuu" means...
Me: (turns up volume)
Julian (in 'Japanese voice'): ... or as it's know in Japanese, "koteejichiizu".
Me: What? (turns vlume up more)
Mike: When I went to...
Me: GAH!!! (turns down volume)

Repeat every two minutes.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:15 pm

Tell Julian to continue to speak up. He keeps trailing off at the end of every sentence, and I can't spend another 6-7 hours editing his every word :).

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:35 pm

Journey to the West reenactment = <3

Great podcast. Nice to see you got to JulieYBM's email. It was kind of funny hearing the name being said.

Oh, same thing on the ringing noises. Were those windchimes? Jingle bells?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:41 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Oh, same thing on the ringing noises. Were those windchimes? Jingle bells?
As explained above, it was one of the cats. End cat subject! :)

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:26 pm

Meow. :P

Awesome podcast guys, I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:55 pm

I heard the kitty, how nice! 8)

Anyway, you guys were/are silly in this episode. But not quite as silly as usual, I am almost dissapointed; but, I think the cat makes up for it.

Edit:
Next time the cat bounces around, I demand you have her mew for us. Much enjoyment to be had for listeners, with random noises!

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:11 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:Oh, same thing on the ringing noises. Were those windchimes? Jingle bells?
As explained above, it was one of the cats. End cat subject! :)
Oy vey...I feel like a real idiot now. I should read the thread like I always do.

Oh, the company that Viz merged with was Sho-Pro. That's why they're Viz...Media? (I think that's what it is.)

Mystic Kami

Post by Mystic Kami » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:56 am

Who would have thought that I would learn about the Yotsubato release schedule here? =P

A great podcast this week guys. I found the reading a tad lame, but you're not voice actors, are you? I enjoyed it regardless. Keep it up!

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:13 am

Just listened to the JttW part before leaving for university; pretty funny, and it gave me a little insight in the Yu translation (I have the Jenner translation).

(It's great to hear Saiyajedi trying to change topics with his "Oh dear" when awkward things come up XD)
I haven't seen the new live action one yet but in the classic series Tripitaka is a guy but played by a woman ( since he's meant to be innocent and child like).
Meh, I didn't like it too much, but that's maybe 'cause it's a Japanese take on JttW, which always is kinda different from the Chinese view. I.e. the Sand Monk is always seen as a Kappa in Japan and that's just strange to me. The first episode had Wukong as a quitter, rather the driving force of the party, which is even stranger. And Tripitaka is played by a female ^_~; (Or did the Japanese also change the sex? In the PSX SRPG Saiyuuki they did had a female Tripitaka...)
Also I wonder if the peeing in the Toaist temple inspired the Gohan peeing scene? Probably not but a fun connection.
The story of the three animal Taoist is the best of the whole book XD
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen