Episode #0022 (16 April 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:48 am

I believe Goku shouts "Dragon Fist" in Budokai 3, though it's difficult to tell with Sean's yelling being drowned out by the music and the roaring of the dragon.

The attack little Goku used on Piccolo Daimao isn't really a named attack. All he did was use a blast to push him towards Piccolo since he was pretty much battered and only had one hand he could use. From the power of the blast and the speed of him flying towards Piccolo was enough to plow right through him.

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:56 am

Holy crap, I totally forgot about Dr. Briefs' cat!!! In retrospect, I absolutely would have put him at #1!

Gohan921

Post by Gohan921 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:06 pm

Meri Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:56 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy crap, I totally forgot about Dr. Briefs' cat!!! In retrospect, I absolutely would have put him at #1!
Speaking of cat, I think that I heard your cat again during this episode.
http://www.myspace.com/gohan921

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:16 pm

Gohan921 wrote:
Meri Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:56 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of cat, I think that I heard your cat again during this episode.
Oh, Tara should tottaly be number 1 - she's real!

Azure
Beyond Newbie

Post by Azure » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:51 pm

There's a lovely Toriyama reply on the gender of Pu'ar. From the Ask Toriyama article in the US Shonen jump ep 1 vol 1:
Q:Is Pu'ar make or female?
T:For what it's worth, I thought of him as male when I was drawing him.
www.voiceacting.co.uk / www.shonen.co.uk

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:06 pm

veshira wrote:Well, that was quite interesting. Short, but very funny. I want the Dragon Box set for the awesome quality and the. . . scouters, with the extra thingys hanging off of them. I envy you! >v< (Oh, and VegettoEX: Your new icon's great! :lol: )
But whatever happened to adding "Holy Crap" at the bottom of the avatar?
veshira wrote:I found it interesting what FUNi called movie 13. It is rather odd. I actually pictured them talking about Hir. . . I, I don't know how to spell its name, but the bad monster villain that Tapion and his brother held the two halves inside of them. I don't think Goku's Super Dragon Fist or Ryu-Ken was that "wrath-like."
Maybe FUNI's thikning of making Hildegarn out to be some kind of deformed dragon? They have done some strange stuff before :roll:.

On another note, I can't find this podcast on iTunes. I even looked at the list after searching your episode list in the Music Store, but I got nothing. I had to listen to this episode on Quicktime.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:56 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:On another note, I can't find this podcast on iTunes. I even looked at the list after searching your episode list in the Music Store, but I got nothing. I had to listen to this episode on Quicktime.
I don't understand the question. Are you saying you can't find the listing for the podcast in the iTunes Music Store (it's here)? Or do you mean you can't find the podcast in your iTunes library after it's been automatically downloaded?

If the latter, I can't recommend anything other than that you should sort by artist and look for "Daizenshuu EX". My music/multimedia "library" is simply handled by my own intelligence and directory structure, so I couldn't tell you jack about what iTunes does with stuff :D. I'm sure it can be wonky.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:56 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote:Actually if memory serves correctly, I believe that when he killed Piccolo Daimaou, an image of Ozaru was shown.
Was it really? Shoot, this whole time I thought it was Shenlong (or a dragon looking similar to Shenlong.) I guess I owe it to my own stupidity, as well as the fact that I've never actually seen the episode, but saw clips and pictures on the internet. (I really need to watch Dragonball!)

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:17 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:On another note, I can't find this podcast on iTunes. I even looked at the list after searching your episode list in the Music Store, but I got nothing. I had to listen to this episode on Quicktime.
I don't understand the question. Are you saying you can't find the listing for the podcast in the iTunes Music Store (it's here)? Or do you mean you can't find the podcast in your iTunes library after it's been automatically downloaded?

If the latter, I can't recommend anything other than that you should sort by artist and look for "Daizenshuu EX". My music/multimedia "library" is simply handled by my own intelligence and directory structure, so I couldn't tell you jack about what iTunes does with stuff :D. I'm sure it can be wonky.
Yeah, I just found it, thanks :D.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:47 am

A very good Podcast, as usual :). Parts of it were very fanboyish. I also think that Meri should have put Dr. Briefs' cat(or "Scratch" as he is known in the English dub)as #1. He's so cute! But I guess he's easy to forget since all he does is cling on to Dr. Briefs' shoulder. And speaking of cats... Mike! Why didn't you let the kittys meow this episode??! I love cats and was very sad not to hear Tara and[insert other cat's name here] :(.

I demand you let them make guest appearances next episode!!!

Also, the English dub of Movie #4 seems to shed more light on the history of "The Cat". Dr Brief; "Lord Slug": "Oh my! Dear me! This isn't good, my furry little coleague!"

Hmmm... So the little cat went to universaty with Dr Briefs, did he? Interesting... :P :lol: :shock:

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:38 pm

Yes, the kitties must make their appearances on the show. My cat Sam, who listens to your show even more than I do, says he wants to hear their sexy voices on the Podcast. I wonder, are they big Dragonball fans? :D
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:45 pm

On the topic of Puar's gender, I know some of the old Ocean dub called Puar "Her" and used "she" but with Funi, not really any gender specific pronouns are used when speaking about Puar.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:37 pm

That was a fun podcast. When I read the manga most of the saiyajins I hear in japanese while just about everyone else has some mixture of dub voices. One of the more interesting ones is Raditz, who just has a regular guy voice instead of his unusually rough one in japanese.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:48 pm

Hey Mike? Do you have a link to the section on Ruliweb that you needed to understand? I have a friend who can defintely translate the page.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:44 pm

Kirbopher wrote:Hey Mike? Do you have a link to the section on Ruliweb that you needed to understand? I have a friend who can defintely translate the page.
Thanks, but that site's listing is pretty irrelevant now. We've got the news from V-Jump about Sparking! NEO coming out for the PS2 and Revolution.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:59 pm

:P Awesome Podcast! w00t!

I swear, I laughed so hard at the part where you did a Michael Jackson impression, EX. I was rolling on the floor, I swear. :lol:

Anyway...awesome podcast, I can't wait for the next one! :P
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:15 am

When I read the manga there are usually different mental, vocal images I get depending on the character. I know I hear Scott McNeil all the time when I read Piccolo's dialogue.

I'm not sure since I haven't watched the anime in a while, but if memory serves me, I think it alternates based off of which version I watched most recently.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:59 pm

Is it me, or does Julian sound like FUNimation's android 16 towards the end? He's got a slight robotic tone (when he's telling us the Daizex address)...

And what was that video Meri was talking about?
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~