Who should have joined the party?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Who should have joined the party?

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Is a matter of fact: no one is joining the stable roster anymore.
Beerus is just a "factor", major menaces are vaporized and apparently Goku and Vegeta are too close to have someone stand inbetween <3.

Anyway, giving you the chance to rewrite the thing a bit, what character(s) should have joined the roster as a stable partner?

My personal name's Hit.
His personality was compatible with others (cold and rational), his techinques are complimentary to main roles and being an hitman on hire got no issue to move on 7th universe Earth.

Say your word, and go wild with what if and retcon, if you want for.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Re: Who should have joined the party?

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:45 pm

You know I was thinking about Hit becoming a consistent ally in a toilet stall at work (the mind does wander). I really do love his dynamic with Goku and a part of me wishes they expanded his relationships with the rest of the main cast, or at least called on him more often. However, there's not many occasions where that would be believable or necessary to the stories being told. There's still time of course but I get the feeling that the ideal time has passed since Hit has already been made irrelevant, especially in the manga.

Going through some GT clips, Ledgic was an obvious missed opportunity for an ongoing frenemy since he never got that rematch against Goku or a second meeting of any kind. Alongside Pikkon, Ledgic is like a "proto-Hit" in that sense, a promising rival to Goku who never really became particularly relevant again after their first appearance.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Katopesla, truly the only hero we need right now.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:52 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:45 pm You know I was thinking about Hit becoming a consistent ally in a toilet stall at work (the mind does wander).
When I first read this I thought you meant Hit would be hanging around in a toilet stall at Capsule Corporation or something. :lolno:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:18 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:52 pm
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:45 pm You know I was thinking about Hit becoming a consistent ally in a toilet stall at work (the mind does wander).
When I first read this I thought you meant Hit would be hanging around in a toilet stall at Capsule Corporation or something. :lolno:
The Flawless Janitor, Hitto. He can bleach a row of bogs in 0.1 seconds.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:17 am

I think the nagging dilemma with Hit is that despite the good-sported relationship he has with Goku in tournament competitions, the man is still an assassin who murders for profit. Would it really sit well for anyone that isn't Goku and arguably Vegeta that this career killer is now an active associate participating in the affairs of their universe? Beerus mirrors Hit in an abstract way but he's more of a force of nature who happens to be lackadaisical and spontaneous in how he carries out his duties.

If Toyotaro is willing to allow Hit and Freeza to become affiliates of the Dragon gang then I don't see why Toriyama couldn't done similar with the Crane Hermit and Tao Pai Pai back in Dragon Ball. Imagine the group dynamics and potential collaborative fighting between the former and the Turtle Hermit. I would be interested to see them confronting Daimou together in the manga.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 am

Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:23 am

Doesn't hit get hired by bastards to kill other bastards like mobsters.

Like he could have one of those unrealistic “I don't kill women and children” policies that probably only exist in fantasy.

I mean can you imagine hit being hired to kill some politicians pregnant mistress who wouldn't get an abortion or soemthing?

I mean DB wouldn't cover material like that but I didn't get the impression Hit was like that.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:08 pm

I want Broly to make a saiya team with Goku and Vegeta. A wild card.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:00 am

I like Hit a lot but I think I prefer him as an outside force. DB seems to handle characters better in this role than as allies. I'd like him to interact more with the main cast though and form some sort of relationship with people other than Goku and Vegeta.

As far as who I'd prefer to see. For me it would have to be Cabba, Future Trunks, or Frost. I complain about there being too many Saiyans, but I find those two to be the most rife with potential. Trunks' no-nonsense attitude balances Goku and Vegeta nicely and Cabba provides a youthful counterpoint to them along with his own unique moral code. I loved Trunks' side-by-side with Goku in the anime vs Zamasu and Black even though it ripped the shows scaling to shreds.

I think Frost is just straight up unused potential. They could've taken that character anywhere but I always liked the idea of him training, unlocking Platinum and assisting during a big multiversal threat. Frieza basically took his spot though.

I still want the Ginyu Force back after all these years, moreso as a recurring rival faction to Earth's fighters than as straight up allies or villains. In that way they'd join the show's party, so to speak. You have to admit, they'd be perfect for Frieza's current party. He could probably train them up in months too just like with Tagoma.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 pm

Trunks. I still find it incredibly stupid he didn't stay in the past with everyone with his universe erased.

If you want to go back further than that, I think Upa and Raditz could have joined the main cast in Dragon Ball and Z. More of Pikkon in Z and Super would have been sweet too.

head_cha_la
Not-So-Newbie

Post by head_cha_la » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:27 am

The universe 6 (Hit, Caulifla, Kale and Kyabe) should be the new generation of fighters around Goku and Vegeta!

They would bring so much freshness in terms of combat and development.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:27 am

Peach wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 pmTrunks. I still find it incredibly stupid he didn't stay in the past with everyone with his universe erased.
By far the biggest missed opportunity. If you're just going to send him to the exact same timeline, why bother destroying his in the first place ?

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:44 pm

JewyB wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:59 pm Katopesla, truly the only hero we need right now.
In the TOP, outside of Universes 6, 7 and 11, I only cared about Ribrianne, Kakunsa, Roasie, Maji-Kayo, Katopesla, Ganos, Basil, Lavender, Bergamo and Obuni. Heh, that's exactly one Tournament of Power team.

Then again, I haven't seen any Super since it finished, so I could be forgetting awesome moments from other fighters.

Anyways, I'd like to see those ten again in some capacity.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:27 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:27 am
Peach wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 pmTrunks. I still find it incredibly stupid he didn't stay in the past with everyone with his universe erased.
By far the biggest missed opportunity. If you're just going to send him to the exact same timeline, why bother destroying his in the first place ?
Think of the interactions he could have had with Frieza in the Tournament of Power too :D