The Kaioshin and the Makaioshin

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gokii

The Kaioshin and the Makaioshin

Post by Gokii » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:26 am

I only know a little about the kaioshin and I know nothing about the makaioshin and I want to know more about them.

How are they born? What exactly are they? How are they connected?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, feel to remove if it is.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Kaioshin and the Makaioshin

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:07 am

These two interviews are everything we know about them. So we also know nothing. We can only hope this Dragon Ball Daima comes to change that and shed some light.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: The Kaioshin and the Makaioshin

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:17 pm

I don't think we'll ever get more answers than what we have on the Makaioshin...unless Toyotaro decides to revisit it, as Toriyama doesn't seem too keen on expanding upon the idea despite it appearing as supplementary material in a couple different books. Not even SDBH has made any clarification on if any of the demon realm beings are or have ever been Makaioshin/Makaio, despite speculation that they might be at least connected to the concept. I'm fairly sure that Toriyama & Toei aren't the kind of writers to save something like it as the big reveal at the end of the story, it's probably just such little priority to them that it gets forgotten about from time to time. I mean, if Shin of all people is supposedly stronger than the Makaioshin, does that spell something great for a character having importance?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: