Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 am

kei17 wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Just wondering, are these previews debuting during talk shows or are they shown as part of ad breaks or what?
Toei started showing the new trailer at movie theaters on December 7, so a morning show named Mezamashi TV on Fuji TV covered it.
Ah, thanks for the information.

I'm kinda hoping that the actual trailer doesn't feature CHA-LA! HEAD CHA-LA!. Don't get me wrong, I like the song, it's just that since it's a movie I'd like the trailer to feature something a little more cinematic.

Very curious as to how much the trailer in theatres differs to the one shown on TV, since when a HQ version of the teaser hit the net there were some differences between that and the one originally broadcast on TV.

On a side note, is there any dialogue in the trailer that would be worth translating?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 am

Wait, what is the Hakaishin?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:52 am

"Hakaishin" means "God of Destruction".
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:18 am

samuraix123 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder how the whole no going SSj transformation thing started?
I was getting ready to say the same thing. I'm not sure how it all came about really? :?
It comes from people who've played Buu's Fury (Gohan can't turn SSJ while in Ultimate state), and from people who hate GT.
Hellspawn28 wrote:In the trailer had a scene of Goku in space. Get ready for the mindless debates if Goku can breath in space or not soon.
Hellspawn28 wrote:
NeoKING wrote:If I recall, didn't Gohan, Krillin, and Piccolo go into space in Movie 2 when Dr. Uiro was fed up with the bullshit and decided to do the Earth in with one go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM-TrPqxC90
That's Movie 2. All of the DBZ movies expect for Movie 9, 13 and 14 don't fit into the timeline at all.
Even we humans won't instantly die if we go to space. Freezer says Saiyans can't survive, survive inplies at one time he will have to struggle to live.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:he traditional "not many, but more than two"? So I'd guess a year or two after the JSAT was set, otherwise you start leaking into territory where characters should probably be growing up more than they they are shown, getting married and/or having kids that aren't in the film (or at least haven't been seen, maybe we'll get Gohan's wedding at the end, or Bluma telling Vegeta she's pregnant...again).
Or maybe one moth after (or before) the JSAT. Shenron wasn't summoned in the JSAT.
eledoremassis02 wrote:So he hears Freeza is defeated and this could be either Goku who did defeat but not kill him or Trunks who killed him.

Now, perhaps they don't know it's trunks because he came from the future. But does that mean if we go to Trunks original timeline..would that mean at some point Burusu would wake up in that timeline? That would be interesting. Granted I've never seen the Trunks Special so I can't say much on it :o

Does trunks kill Freeza at any point in that timeline (before he goes back). Does Freeza kill the Z fighters and leave?
Goku kills Freezer and King Cold in Trunks' timeline. For Bils' awakening in Trunks' timeline, get ready for Shin Budokai 3!!
Chuquita wrote:I want another hint of what crazy thing Birusu or Uisu might do to him in this movie that results in that expression/pose his tie-in movie-figurine has.
I think Vegeta's pose is the result of something Pilaf did, not Birusu.
mistershin wrote:Anyhow, Birusu probably foreseen that he would enter a long slumber (you can almost liken it to Odin Sleep)
In his place he leaves a person (a champion or Herald) to cause destruction across the Universe in his place, Freeza.
(Freeza happens to be the single strongest person in the Universe at that specific time).

Birusu wakes up from long slumber to find his champion/herald defeated by Goku, naturally he would be both intrigued and pissed off. (He would be pissed of because the destruction has stopped) (But intrigued because there is a stronger fighter than Freeza amongst MORTALS)
Great!

mistershin

Post by mistershin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 am

JeffJarrett wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:In the trailer had a scene of Goku in space. Get ready for the mindless debates if Goku can breath in space or not soon.
Hellspawn28 wrote:
NeoKING wrote:If I recall, didn't Gohan, Krillin, and Piccolo go into space in Movie 2 when Dr. Uiro was fed up with the bullshit and decided to do the Earth in with one go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM-TrPqxC90
That's Movie 2. All of the DBZ movies expect for Movie 9, 13 and 14 don't fit into the timeline at all.
Even we humans won't instantly die if we go to space. Freezer says Saiyans can't survive, survive inplies at one time he will have to struggle to live.
Exactly this ^

Cant Survive, does not imply that they cannot be in outer space for a limited period.
I always thought they could not survive in space, due to the fact that Saiyans require food.

They can withstand the temperatures and pressure, witnessed with the 3 occurances of Saiyans in outer space (in the Manga).
1. bardock in outer space panel in the manga http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/att ... n-3660.gif
2. Goku puts Boss Rabbit on the moon http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/2739 ... 29szp8.jpg
3. Gotenks circling the Earth multiple times http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/84 ... _super.jpg.

But obviously Saiyans cannot remain in space indefinitely.
Not to forget the amount of times they have been in space in filler episodes and movies.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 am

JeffJarrett wrote:It comes from people who've played Buu's Fury (Gohan can't turn SSJ while in Ultimate state), and from people who hate GT.
You're only saying that because you hate the manga.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 am

That English dubbed trailer is actually pretty well done.

Titan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Titan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:01 am

samuraix123 wrote:Can anyone get me a better shot above that I posted of Tenshinhan outfit please? is that a new or old outfit?(I haven't seen the original Dragonball)
It is a new outfit and i love it.
Saiga wrote:Tenshinhan's new outfit is pretty neat, I think it's better than his Boo arc attire.
I share your opinion. He looks like a true martial warrior.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:16 am

Muten Roshi even has a new pair of glasses... yellow. 8)
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 am

Bussani wrote:
JeffJarrett wrote:It comes from people who've played Buu's Fury (Gohan can't turn SSJ while in Ultimate state), and from people who hate GT.
Funny! But I love the manga and I've read all the volumes like a hundred times.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 am

JeffJarrett wrote:
Bussani wrote:
Funny! But I love the manga and I've read all the volumes like a hundred times.
He's facetiously doing what you're doing: making assumptions based on nothing.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 am

Goku is most likely still on the atmosphere (same for Bardock), or Saiyans can survive without oxygen for a limited time.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:52 am

BlackCatScott wrote:That English dubbed trailer is actually pretty well done.
Eh, Mr. Satan's line reading doesn't match his facial expression, it starts with music that is drowned out by the villains and seemingly building to a full song that never comes, and instead we get droning generic score, and then some really awful dialog and line readings from Sean Schemmel. B for effort.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 am

Well I for one had no idea that the 'dub' trailer was a fandub, seemed pretty genuine when I first watched it (which was in the morning to be fair).

Looks good, though I don't understand why Goku would ever go anything but his most powerful form (in this case SSJ3), I mean I realize it is very draining and he might not be able to sustain it for long but I can almost guarantee that this enemy is defeated by Goku in either a base state or in his SSJ state. Ah well, as long as there are some good fight scenes I don't really care :P

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:29 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 pm

bleed0range wrote:As big of a db fan as I am, I had never really heard of the "World Tree" people have been talking about from this trailer until now... the kaioshin/shinjin and all that other worldly stuff is certainly the aspect of db I know the least about... (not sure exactly where this info comes from)
The information was only introduced relatively recently, in the Toriyama Q&A in the Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume from a few years back. If those background elements are included in this movie, it'll mark the first time they've appeared outside that one guidebook.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:43 pm

Herms wrote:If those background elements are included in this movie, it'll mark the first time they've appeared outside that one guidebook.
...and will certifiably show Toriyama to not be talking out his ass for once. :P
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Sin wrote:Well I for one had no idea that the 'dub' trailer was a fandub, seemed pretty genuine when I first watched it (which was in the morning to be fair).
Are you talking about this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49dBaJLMfA ?

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 pm

I get the feeling from this trailer that it's taking on a more 'organic' animation style as opposed to the Bardock Special, Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, etc. There was something off about the way those looked... almost robotic and stiff, or something. I dunno. The reanimated scenes made for Ultimate Blast were a good indication of how this will look, I think.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:20 pm

JeffJarrett wrote:Funny! But I love the manga and I've read all the volumes like a hundred times.
Well, I've watched all of GT ten times as many times as any other part of the anime, and I've never played Buu's Fury, yet I still got the impression that Ultimate took the place of Super Saiyan from the manga--and if I stick to the manga alone, there really isn't anything that contradicts that interpretation. I do admit that there are other valid interpretations, though, and that this manga only interpretation may not fit with other movies and games. Whatever the case, I enjoy exploring and comparing all of these opinions.