Search found 5018 matches
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 10:47 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: If Z had English version of OP and ED on Funimation DVD, what would have been like?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5828
Re: If Z had English version of OP and ED on Funimation DVD, what would have been like?
I’m surprised they didn’t do it for the orange bricks since they were were going for the whole “we gave you Japanese BGM!” thing and they did it for Dragon Ball. I actually remember being disappointed that they went with the generic opening that didn’t sound like their main DBZ dub theme, didn’t ...
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 3:42 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: If Z had English version of OP and ED on Funimation DVD, what would have been like?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5828
Re: If Z had English version of OP and ED on Funimation DVD, what would have been like?
I’m surprised they didn’t do it for the orange bricks since they were were going for the whole “we gave you Japanese BGM!” thing and they did it for Dragon Ball. I actually remember being disappointed that they went with the generic opening that didn’t sound like their main DBZ dub theme, didn’t ...
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 7:42 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: If Z had English version of OP and ED on Funimation DVD, what would have been like?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5828
Re: If Z had English version of OP and ED on Funimation DVD, what would have been like?
I’m surprised they didn’t do it for the orange bricks since they were were going for the whole “we gave you Japanese BGM!” thing and they did it for Dragon Ball. I actually remember being disappointed that they went with the generic opening that didn’t sound like their main DBZ dub theme, didn’t ...
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 7:34 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Happy 30th Anniversary to Dragon Ball Z Ocean Dub (1996)!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 524
Re: Happy 30th Anniversary to Dragon Ball Z Ocean Dub (1996)!
Man, 30 years… And I still prefer that cast to the in-house. The series has brought me so much joy and it all started with this right here. It didn’t feel mine the original series, but I still loved it. To this day, I’ll pop on the Ocean episodes in the background. I know most of those lines ...
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 10:28 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Your introduction to Dragon Ball
- Replies: 35
- Views: 9128
Re: Your introduction to Dragon Ball
Welcome!
I’m not sure what date/year it was, but I actually saw the first two (I think) episodes of DBZ that aired in syndication in the US. I don’t know if it was a rerun or if I just coincidentally watched the first episode airing on TV for the first time, but I’m pretty sure it was a Saturday or ...
I’m not sure what date/year it was, but I actually saw the first two (I think) episodes of DBZ that aired in syndication in the US. I don’t know if it was a rerun or if I just coincidentally watched the first episode airing on TV for the first time, but I’m pretty sure it was a Saturday or ...
- Thu Aug 20, 2026 2:44 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Brian Drummond's Re-Evaluation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 6978
Re: Brian Drummond's Re-Evaluation
I always loved his take on Vegeta. I’ve never heard anybody disparage it in person. I understand it more in hindsight when going back to the early stuff and just knowing Vegeta’s progression. With that said, Drummond didn’t have much to work with when he got the role and he fine tuned it very ...
- Sat May 23, 2026 11:39 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?
- Replies: 10447
- Views: 2510624
Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?
I bought the Chouzenshuu. Already had the Daizenshuu, but thought “Eh, why not?” I guess I couldn’t think of anything else Dragon Ball-related to buy. The four books came wrapped and look brand new. I don’t even want to unwrap them. Might get a second set to scan like I did the Daizenshuu.
- Wed Feb 25, 2026 3:35 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Weird Old Dub Stuff
- Replies: 375
- Views: 343205
Re: Weird Old Dub Stuff
This theme..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWuptyoPlj0
Is this Scott McNeil saying "Dragon Ball Z"? Anyone know the story behind this?
I’m so baffled by something like this. This track was written not sounding anything like either the Japanese score, the original Funimation dub score, or the ...
- Sun Dec 14, 2025 9:07 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Dragon Ball GT is getting a Blu-Ray release in Spain
- Replies: 49
- Views: 143892
Re: Dragon Ball GT is getting a Blu-Ray release in Spain
Yeah, and probably will be completely un color corrected so.... just not worthwhile. If one NEEDS an official GT physical release, I guess the only real good options are the FUNimation singles or the Dragon Boxes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Funimation singles were pretty poor quality ...
- Sun Dec 07, 2025 12:36 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: What is a worse fate for Dragon Ball content? Being lost or unreleased?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5239
Re: What is a worse fate for Dragon Ball content? Being lost or unreleased?
For what it's worth Subzero Ice was the first one to mention the Ocean dub of Kai, to which Sean Schemmel asked how he knew about it, so the Ocean cast mentioning it was inevitable. We still have no clue who Subzero Ice is/was, but the fact remains we would have known about that dub even if none ...
- Fri Dec 05, 2025 8:32 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: What is a worse fate for Dragon Ball content? Being lost or unreleased?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5239
Re: What is a worse fate for Dragon Ball content? Being lost or unreleased?
It's definitely worse for content to be lost than unreleased. Simply because, as you mentioned, if something is lost, it'll be remembered but not relived. Though, with the Blue Water/Westwood dub, Harmony Gold dub, and broadcast audio, at least there's a chance that it might someday see the light of ...
- Sat Nov 15, 2025 1:18 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Favourite narrators?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3417
Re: Favourite narrators?
From the English side, I really liked Jim Conrad (BLT Dragon Ball dub) and Brice Armstrong. Just felt like a natural delivery that fit the role.
- Sat Nov 15, 2025 1:13 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: I got to interview Stephanie Nadolny!
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4287
Re: I got to interview Stephanie Nadolny!
That's awesome!
- Fri Nov 07, 2025 2:47 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Character fusing
- Replies: 9
- Views: 5206
Re: Character fusing
I think that they could've put Coola in Resurrection F and had Freeza fuse with Coola to make Freela instead of golden Freeza, using the Frost character model. Kind of kidding... kind of not.
- Thu Nov 06, 2025 5:44 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: "Kewla" or "Coola"
- Replies: 46
- Views: 48384
Re: "Kewla" or "Coola"
"Bills" is still used in the Brazilian dub. They also say "God Super Saiyan" instead of "Super Saiyan God", for some reason. But I digress.
I think it's weird to say "Beerus" in Portuguese. It just doesn't sound right. However, "Bills" sounds off in English. Beerus is more fitting.
I think I ...
- Fri Oct 31, 2025 9:05 am
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Actual Celebrities doing dubbing on Dragon Ball (Star Talents)
- Replies: 56
- Views: 20431
Re: Actual Celebrities doing dubbing on Dragon Ball (Star Talents)
I feel like "celebrities" (TV/movie/music stars) don't end up doing regular dubbing gigs because of the money. You're talking about people who earn a small fortune every time their name is on something. A big Disney type movie that's going to be out in theaters and rake in crazy money? Sure. An ...
- Mon Oct 20, 2025 8:00 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: New Texas law and a preemptive/reactionary Dragon Ball manga removal
- Replies: 41
- Views: 13574
Re: New Texas law and a preemptive/reactionary Dragon Ball manga removal
There's a difference between pornography and nudity. Nudity in a non-sexual manner(i.e. anything in Dragon Ball) was generally okay. Otherwise, think of the effects that would have on medical books, for example.
Possession of child pornography always included an element of the photos depicting the ...
Possession of child pornography always included an element of the photos depicting the ...
- Mon Oct 20, 2025 1:41 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Is there any reason to buy DVDs/Blu-rays anymore when the episodes are streamed online?
- Replies: 67
- Views: 26498
Re: Is there any reason to buy DVDs/Blu-rays anymore when the episodes are streamed online?
If you buy $100 worth of movies (5~7 packs) on streaming, they can remove it within few days (or hours) with (or without) notification, and money you spend would be wasted. $100 movie box sets are forever.
As I previously mentioned, Crunchyroll will likely have its Dragon Ball content until it ...
- Fri Oct 17, 2025 7:31 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Is there any reason to buy DVDs/Blu-rays anymore when the episodes are streamed online?
- Replies: 67
- Views: 26498
Re: Is there any reason to buy DVDs/Blu-rays anymore when the episodes are streamed online?
Honestly, I think it's a safe bet that Crunchyroll will keep the Dragon Ball library for as long as they're in business (or they lose the rights to stream Dragon Ball for some reason).
Personally, I ripped all my DVDs and Blu-rays and am planning to put them up on Plex after some editing (adding in ...
Personally, I ripped all my DVDs and Blu-rays and am planning to put them up on Plex after some editing (adding in ...
- Fri Oct 17, 2025 3:14 pm
- Forum: General Franchise Discussion
- Topic: Kanzenban vs Full Color - What release you prefer?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4982
Re: Kanzenban vs Full Color - What release you prefer?
I can't tell you why, but I prefer the black and white pages the most. There's a charm to it. Preferably on something like the VizBigs, where the pages are very light rather tham the tankōbon where the pages are darker (these are the two releases I'm most familiar with, but think that the kanzenban ...