Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Welcome to Integrated-Kanzenshuu!

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Yeah, I'm happy for the forum to be back! Merging the two sites always made sense, and it's good to see that work is progressing on the wiki. Everything looks exquisite. Good job, guys. :)
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Just found the forum up this morning and this whole merging is great! I love the new look of the website, and how I can find all my info in one place instead of having to look at two sites! This is awesome so far!

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Quite interesting. Glad the merger went through.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Sabin Deus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sabin Deus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm

You know I haven't been to Daizenshuu EX in a while now, just due to doing other things, and I come back to this. Listening to the audio diary podcast now and gosh darnit you guys, this is some amazing work here. Mike LaBrie you are just a class act. Heath, the design looks great. It would be awesome if you took a crack at integrating it as a PHPBB theme.

Seriously, amazing job here guys. Can't wait to see the wiki!

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 pm

The site looks awesome, missed the forums. Well done to everyone for your hard work.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

BrodieK41

Post by BrodieK41 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 pm

It's great to see the forum back up! I love the work you guys have done with combining the two sites, especially the Home Video Guide. Great job and looking forward to the wiki!

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 pm

As someone who's been coming to the forum for short periods of 'on' and long periods of 'off' since 2004...it certainly feels strange to see the old Daizenshuu EX name gone from the place. Everything's the same, but it's also different, and I don't know how to feel. It's sad and exciting at the same time. The main site definitely looks great so far, and I'm anxious for the wiki...I may not be the Dragonball fanatic I used to be, but it still makes me die a little inside whenever I find out a friend is getting their information from Dragon Ball Wiki. It'll be nice to have the authoritative information of Daizex/Kanzentai in the convenience of a wiki format.

But seriously, this is a pretty cool venture. Props for the big unveiling on April 1st, knowing how many people were expecting another classicly in-depth DaizEX April Fool's joke.

Also, 100x100 avatars!! About time, the substandard 80x80 limit always drove me crazy. Now if only I remembered where I got this image in the first place...

Now all we need is a favicon for the forums :P
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Sabin Deus wrote:Heath, the design looks great. It would be awesome if you took a crack at integrating it as a PHPBB theme.
Thanks! I'm really glad the majority of people are liking the new layout. I toyed with it more than I care to admit, but I think it turned out just the way we wanted it. Designing the drop down menu was by far my favorite part, at least once I got it to work properly. That really cleared up a lot of space, as initially I did try having a navigation sidebar on the left side. Once things settle down a bit, I would like to try out some alterations to the phpBB theme a bit. Nothing major, because I've always like the way the forum is set up. It may not look too fancy, but from an administrative standpoint, it's nice that it's simple because it requires less resources and loads faster. So we'll see...
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Now all we need is a favicon for the forums :P
Now that, I can easily remedy. :wink:
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:48 pm

I have to admit I'm extremely jealous of your design skills, Heath! Because of this thing, I got asked to put my old html coded site (from 2005, what can I say I'm stubborn), to wordpress. My layout attempts haven't gone nearly as smoothly as yours have. T-T
-Laserkid

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 am

Glad the site's back up and doing what it does best.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:12 am

The only 2 Dragonball sites that matter becoming 1 is a pretty solid deal. The website looks fantastic and it's super easy to find the infromation I need. Outstanding job to everyone involved, this whole project really blew me away.

Kiddo626
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kiddo626 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:24 am

WOO HOO!! I'm so happy this site's back up and looking better than ever! Before Kanshuu came back, I was getting my DBZ fill from fanfics (Don't judge me, there are some good ones out there! LOL), so glad to be back! :mrgreen:

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 am

I almost cheered when I saw the forums were back online. :wink:
By the way, why's Kanzentai still online?:
http://kanzentai.com/daiz.php?id=06
I can access everything apart from the front page which re-directs to Kanzentai.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:By the way, why's Kanzentai still online?:
Its not really that surprising, DaizEX's are still up too. Its actually very useful because most of the information I'd want to check on Kanzenshuu isn't back up yet, so I'm glad only the main pages are down until the in-universe guides are back up.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 am

Pretty much any Daizenshuu EX page that has its Kanzenshuu-equivalent has an auto-redirect to the new version of the page. I'll continue to add new forwards as more pages are finished up (such as the rest of the "Music Database", which I'm hoping will be done again next week... with new stuff added!).

I can't speak for the Kanzentai pages, though.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:By the way, why's Kanzentai still online?:
With the forum installation and whatnot, I haven't had much time to get on Kanzentai and add all the re-directs yet. Don't worry though, will do so soon. My priority has been making sure Kanzenshuu is working properly.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:38 am

Any word on the manga download page or the Misc. DB page?

Also Heath, while the pop-up windows look neat (like the contact and about pages, and the individual lyrics pages), I really appreciate that those links can be opened separately. But, if I were to link to those sections separately there's no Kanzenhuu branding or links back to the main page; is this something you could look in to?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:21 am

We decided to kill off the manga downloads for a variety of reasons, both personal and legal. I could go into more detail, but you probably don't really need me to.

The "Misc DB" stuff will definitely be back. The name from before just didn't ever really make any sense, and we think we can integrate the information in a better way (much like we will do with things like my old tidbits just showcasing characters playable in video games, which will become a part of their game's respective page in the video game guide).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Hujio wrote:
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Now all we need is a favicon for the forums :P
Now that, I can easily remedy. :wink:
What's a favicon?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm

It's that little icon at the top of your browser.