Fact Checker (update: Ep.51)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.13)

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I know you're that user. I was talking about the guy that asked what baka-sickness meant.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:28 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I know you're that user. I was talking about the guy that asked what baka-sickness meant.
Ah, my mistake. I had accusations that I didn't know what it was on reddit, so jumped to that assumption here. Sorry!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:09 pm

Watching DragonTeam's episode 12 i realized every speedsub got completely wrong that sequence where Elder Kaioshin remembers Goku offered him Bulma. It could be a good addition.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Seems another sub group claiming to be accurate has entered the fray, just skipped over them and the subs seem very decent, looks like Dragon Team might have some competition!

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Seems another sub group claiming to be accurate has entered the fray, just skipped over them and the subs seem very decent, looks like Dragon Team might have some competition!
What´s the name of that fansub group ?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:02 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Seems another sub group claiming to be accurate has entered the fray, just skipped over them and the subs seem very decent, looks like Dragon Team might have some competition!
What´s the name of that fansub group ?
Over8000, i think. Haven't checked them out yet.

edit: watched it. there's a couple of translations i disagree with, but overall it was probably much better than everything else except DragonTeam.

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj_duelist » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:19 am

over8000 were very good subs.

ep 14 was a nice ending, cleared up some important stuff to stay inline with the film.

1. Beerus was lying again and didn't use his full power even once

2. Beerus conciously chosevto not destroy earth but unlike the film he kept it hidden

and next episode gives us a much needed bridge between films and looks like a funny one!

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:00 am

They did very well in my opinion.
Unfortunately, not everyone chose to watch o8k's release.

Might be worth noting...?
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.14)

Post by Herms » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Alright, updated for ep.14. Later I'll go back through and add or tidy various other things up, now that the "BoG arc" is over with. So if you've mentioned something I haven't addressed yet, I'll get to it then (probably).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Can we have some extra insight on Gohan telling Goku about Videl being pregnant? Is it a japanese tradition? It felt wierdly out of place at that point.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:05 pm

beerus is such a liar, almost lied in every sentence in episode 14

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:50 pm

soulnova wrote:Can we have some extra insight on Gohan telling Goku about Videl being pregnant? Is it a japanese tradition? It felt wierdly out of place at that point.
I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure. I think the idea might be that he's making a more formal announcement now that the universe is no longer at risk, but I don't know if that's a specific thing from Japanese culture. On the other hand, it might just be a clumsy way to remind the audience that Videl's pregnant.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:07 pm

soulnova wrote:Can we have some extra insight on Gohan telling Goku about Videl being pregnant? Is it a japanese tradition? It felt wierdly out of place at that point.
Despite being a formality, i think that was because Goku and Gohan didn't interact at all when they found out about the pregnancy. So maybe Gohan wanted to hear his father's thoughts and approval.
EmmaWinters wrote:Might be worth noting...?
The worst thing about awful translations like that, is how it shows how much this AnimeRG people know and understand about the series, which is...nothing. They not only ignored that Goku can't feel Beerus' ki, but also the fact he didn't need Beerus to teleport back from Kaio's planet and find everyone. This is just horrible.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:37 pm

Herms wrote: Minute: 24
Context: after Goten is amazed that Goku is now “second in the universe” (next after Beerus), Goku tells Vegeta he’ll be the next to become SSG
Vegeta: “If it’s only going to get me to second place, then I don’t need that power!
At least now we know why he didn't try to reach Ssj3.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:42 am

Let's try to not get too out of hand with posting fansub group names or screen shots. Thanks!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

MaGyunia
Regular

Post by MaGyunia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:46 am

Araki wrote:
Despite being a formality, i think that was because Goku and Gohan didn't interact at all when they found out about the pregnancy. So maybe Gohan wanted to hear his father's thoughts and approval.
Taking into account all the formalities regarding personal relationships and interactions and the whole culture of Japan (along with many other Asian countries and cultures), I'd say he was basically formally announcing to his father that he was going to be a father himself, as in, the family is just about to grow and there'll soon be a new bloodline member to the Son family. Pure Saiya-jins don't seem to care about family and blood issues as humans do (Brolly kills his father, Goku helps Piccolo kills his brother, Raditz intends to kill his brother, Raditz intends to kill his nephew, Vegeta doesn't care about the genocide of his race, Vegeta at least tries to not care about his newly-found family - Trunks and Bulma -, etc.), so Goku isn't really that hyped, surprised or particularly happy to know about the fact he's going to be a grandfather and that his son is going to have a daughter of his own. Goku's concern, other than ultimately protecting Earth, life in general and every living thing against serious menaces is to get stronger and always reach new stages, just like Vegeta, who's obviously, by now, the one and only one who can keep up with him at this point among the good guys' team, and Goku goes as far as recurrently neglecting his family and all types of obligations and responsibilities to once again train more and more.

He's obviously happy to know about that, but that's not going to rock his world. It obviously has a much larger impact on Chi Chi and Gyumao, besides Gohan and Videl themselves.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Episode 12 has some typos.

The portion where Kibtoshin wonders about how many more times Goku and Beerus can clash before the universe is destroyed, you wrote "collusion" instead of "collision".

Technique is spelled wrong in the part where Beerus wonders if Goku was trying out his new skill during their battle.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:33 am

Herms I was wondering why dont you add the narrator's statements as well.The narrator has some statements that would be useful to the strength checker.

Herms

Post by Herms » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:00 am

Saiyan007 wrote:Herms I was wondering why dont you add the narrator's statements as well.The narrator has some statements that would be useful to the strength checker.
Any in particular you have in mind?

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Herms wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:Herms I was wondering why dont you add the narrator's statements as well.The narrator has some statements that would be useful to the strength checker.
Any in particular you have in mind?
Episode 13 beginning the narrator says that Goku & Beerus power threatened to annihilate the universe itself and at the ending he says Beerus and Goku continue thier brawl hitting each other again and again with power capable of destroying the universe.

Episode 15 beginning the narrator says Goku now the level beyond the Gods faces off against Beerus and Vegeta later in the episode says Goku surpassed the Gods and he evolved throughout his battle against Beerus

Those tidbits would be pretty useful