In the Spirit of Slashing!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

In the Spirit of Slashing!

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:27 am

I'd say I'm going to hell for this one, but it's not like I'm not always evil anyway.

http://animoto.com/play/1688253cad6a97a ... 146d0eaf4e
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:36 am

I liked it. It was pretty simple and some of the effects and stuff you did made it a lot more enjoyable than the usual YouTube slideshow :D
Song was awesome too :)

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:30 am

The video itself wasn't bad, maybe a tad simplistic but who says that's a bad thing? I think you could have picked out better artwork though. The drawings were great but Vegeta and Goku were so out of character in those pictures it kind of ruined any authenticity I find in the relationship.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:20 am

NeptuneKai wrote:The video itself wasn't bad, maybe a tad simplistic but who says that's a bad thing? I think you could have picked out better artwork though. The drawings were great but Vegeta and Goku were so out of character in those pictures it kind of ruined any authenticity I find in the relationship.
You find authenticity in their relationship? :O

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:24 am

KaiserNeko wrote:

I try to find some authenticity in any slash, I don't mean to sound corny but anything is possible and that goes double in the world of Dragonball.
:lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:26 am

NeptuneKai wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:

I try to find some authenticity in any slash, I don't mean to sound corny but anything is possible and that goes double in the world of Dragonball.
:lol:
Fair enough. I'm the kind of guy who slashes Treiz and Wu-Fei, so it could be worse.

Honestly I made this video as a total joke. XD Sorry you don't like the art, but to me, it's the ONLY art I've been able to really like in terms of the whole VegetaXGoku angle.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:14 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:Honestly I made this video as a total joke. XD Sorry you don't like the art, but to me, it's the ONLY art I've been able to really like in terms of the whole VegetaXGoku angle.
Fanfic Grammar Nazi Mode: It's Vegeta/Goku. That's where the "slash" comes from. If one of them was female, then it would be VegetaXGoku.

Anyway, yeah... nothing against Yaoi (as a genre) but the Goku/Vegeta stuff is just stupid. I mean, there's some legitimacy in taking a rivalry and turning it into sexual tension - but these guys have wives and kids. They're not gay.

Oh well - 'Golden Boy' references are awesome nonetheless.