ISBN of JAPANESE DBS MANGA CHAPTERS

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

English subtitles

ISBN of JAPANESE DBS MANGA CHAPTERS

Post by English subtitles » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Where can I find the ISBN of the Japanese version of the manga DBS?
For example, The entry for the first chapter does not show it: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/super/chp-01/
Thanks in advance.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: ISBN of JAPANESE DBS MANGA CHAPTERS

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Individual chapters do not have ISBNs because they are not independent publications; they are just chapters within a larger magazine. It’s that magazine that would have an ISBN.

ISBN are typically located on the back of a publication near its barcode. Looking at the March 2020 issue of V-Jump here in front of me, I’m assuming this 13-digit number of 4910113230309 would be its respective ISBN.

We do not currently keep a running list of V-Jump ISBN. I suppose we... could...? I guess?

We list the ISBN for collected editions of the manga on their respective guide pages, such as on:

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/super/tankobon/vol-01/
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

English subtitles

Post by English subtitles » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Thanks. BTW, where can I read/download the Japanese version of DBS manga?
PM me if necessary.
Thanks

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Amazon Japan and CDJapan ship internationally.

We are not a piracy community, and will not provide you with downloads of this material.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:01 pm

In theory, you may be able to get digital copies of the Japanese manga from Amazon Japan too, from the Kindle store.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.