Podcast Episode 200 Celebration / Party / Something?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Man, I would love to go but I don't think I can :( . Oh well, guess I'll see you at AnimeNext 2010.
You lie. You can make it.

And I probably won't be at AnimeNext, so you suck.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:58 am

Looks like I can go after all :]

The train listings you put up, is that Amtrack?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:01 am

Kirbopher wrote:Looks like I can go after all :]

The train listings you put up, is that Amtrack?
Hurray!

Nope, NJ Transit. Like I said, it's really easy. It's the Northeastern Corridor line, and the final stop of that line is Trenton (that'll help you locate which door to head down in Penn Station much easier).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:57 am

Sweet, lemme know when you guys've figured out a specific time. Also should we bring any particular kind of controllers if there's gonna be GAY-MINNNN.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Kirbopher wrote:Sweet, lemme know when you guys've figured out a specific time. Also should we bring any particular kind of controllers if there's gonna be GAY-MINNNN.
Umm... gaming? At a restaurant? N-... no...?

I mean, you can bring your DS if you want... but I wasn't planning on playing anything :P.

Shigeru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shigeru » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:06 pm

I may be able to attend, if my girlfriend doesn't mind.

Will Mr. Deluxe be present? :P
[b][url=http://twitter.com/ShigeruTurbo]Twitter[/url][/b]
I like the English dub. Kill me.
Fan since 1995.

FUNimationRocks

Post by FUNimationRocks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:26 am

I'll definitely have to check my schedule for this one.

BrodieK41

Post by BrodieK41 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:17 am

Sweet, count me in. It should only take me an hour to get there by train

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:02 pm

I don't know if this has been asked yet since the official confirmation, but is this get-together for people 21 and over only? You said you didn't want a "13-year-old with his parent" audience, but you didn't say it was allowed. Can I go? Please!! I live close to the party location!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:38 pm

It'd be cool if this was the new tradition for every 100 episodes...

HoustonRH7

Post by HoustonRH7 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Well, I'm assuming since no one PMed me or made any concrete commitment that none of the people who sort of sounded interested would actually want to do the road trip. :cry:

Ah well. Hope you guys have fun, and maybe we fans in the more central region of the country could have some sort of get-together as well.

Ramoro-san
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ramoro-san » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm

I confirmed on the Facebook event page a couple days ago, but just in case, I shall confirm again here: I will attend the part-ay. Can't wait to meet everyone! Peace. Oh, and I'm 21, so no worries there.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 am

Updated the first post with pictures/directions, and that's where I'm keeping the updated "guest list".

If you're coming and haven't confirmed, you really need to do so immediately. It's not like you won't be able to get it, or anything, but I'm hoping to go down there today and let them know roughly how many to expect. Thanks!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Hey outta curiosity, does anyone know how much the amtrak tickets are to get there, and if anyone from NYC or anywhere close by will be going to Penn Station to maybe meet up. Less of a boring ride on the way there with other people to converse with :B

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Kirbopher wrote:Hey outta curiosity, does anyone know how much the amtrak tickets are to get there, and if anyone from NYC or anywhere close by will be going to Penn Station to maybe meet up. Less of a boring ride on the way there with other people to converse with :B
Well, first off, it ain't Amtrack. You'll be taking NJ Transit (Eastern Corridor line, the one whose final destination is Trenton). A round trip from Penn Station to New Brunswick will run you $17.75.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:44 pm

Well, if Lemmy were able to go, I'd definitely tag along, but he's not going to be able to make it and I'd feel a little weird going by myself since I'm not a huge regular around here. Sounds like it'll be fun, though; maybe if there's a future event of this sort, I'll be able to make it.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm interested in going, but my question has yet to be answered... IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT!? Please don't have one...
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:31 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:I'm interested in going, but my question has yet to be answered... IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT!? Please don't have one...
VegettoEX wrote:
ShadowDude112 wrote:Question. Will there be an age restriction? Do I have to be 21?
Not really an age restriction, so long as you don't make the rest of us feel old and creepy. H-how... uhh... how old...?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm just popping in to say that I don't support this at all.

It makes complete and perfect sense that for episode 200, everyone should have come to Australia.

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:30 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
DBZfan29 wrote:I'm interested in going, but my question has yet to be answered... IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT!? Please don't have one...
VegettoEX wrote:
ShadowDude112 wrote:Question. Will there be an age restriction? Do I have to be 21?
Not really an age restriction, so long as you don't make the rest of us feel old and creepy. H-how... uhh... how old...?
Would a thirteen year old make you feel old and creepy? LOL...