"Dragon Ball Online" Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Online News

Post by Thanos » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:32 pm

Herms wrote:
Thanos wrote:Toriyama designed Gil, Pan and the Shadow Dragons.
You're right on the first two counts, but he had nothing to do with the GT dragons.
Really? Oh, I just assumed he did since he wrote that arc.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Thanos wrote:Really? Oh, I just assumed he did since he wrote that arc.
He actually didn't write the story arc either. In fact, he had nothing to do with the writing of GT at all. In his own words (from his intro to the GT Dragon Box), all he did with GT was "come up with the title, design the initial main cast and some of the machines, and also do a few images". For more specifics, see this thread of mine.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Herms wrote:
Thanos wrote:Really? Oh, I just assumed he did since he wrote that arc.
He actually didn't write the story arc either. In fact, he had nothing to do with the writing of GT at all. In his own words (from his intro to the GT Dragon Box), all he did with GT was "come up with the title, design the initial main cast and some of the machines, and also do a few images". For more specifics, see this thread of mine.
Ah, interesting.

Thanks for shedding light on that and correcting that misinformation, Herms. :)

Now I can even further justify ignoring GT's existence. Which I guess leaves speculation as to the ultimate fate of the characters after the end of GT, other than that of Piccolo & Roshi of course. Hey... I wonder if Mr. Buu is still around?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am

New Dragon Ball Online trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y6uqfDWiYc

EDIT: Doh, was already posted.
Last edited by hleV on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:38 am

hleV wrote:New Dragon Ball Online trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y6uqfDWiYc
That was already posted on page 37 of this thread.

wings34

Post by wings34 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Version 1.0.15 has been released. Not to sure about the details but I belive it was to do with some sort of pet system.

Gamma

Post by Gamma » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 am

wings34 wrote:Version 1.0.15 has been released. Not to sure about the details but I belive it was to do with some sort of pet system.
Details on Patch 1.0.15:

The Auction House
Self explanatory. Located in the south-east of West City.

Dragon Ball Scramble
An event involving PvP where a set of 7 Dragon Balls are spawned in a random location in the Dragon World. Players over lvl 45 can participate, where they fight other players for the Dragon Balls. These Dragon Balls are of a different tier than the two already existing tiers. From this tier of Dragon Balls, you can wish for special level 55 items.

Mascots
Non-combative pets which can be bought from Mascot Capsule machines located in all of the major cities. Though they cant aid you in combat, they do offer other special functions that could come in handy.

For more detail check out the post on dbocom:
http://www.dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2443

wings34

Post by wings34 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:09 pm

sorry if this has already been answered but has there been any info on what happened to goku, vegeta, and mabye even uub?

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm

I wish Aeria would get this game.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:05 pm

wings34 wrote:sorry if this has already been answered but has there been any info on what happened to goku, vegeta, and mabye even uub?
Erm... died of old age? Vegeta probably first with an heart attack or some heart related disease due to his short temper, according to Toriyama himself.

mysticboy wrote:I wish Aeria would get this game.
Who the crap are you on about son?

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:37 pm

DNA wrote:
http://www.aeriagames.com/

monaug5

Post by monaug5 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:10 pm

namco bandai will take control of this I am certain.

For now you have to be Korean or get someone who can get you an account to play.
If you need a dragonball online account then email me at: aaronthejester@hotmail.com

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:16 pm

mysticboy wrote:
DNA wrote:
http://www.aeriagames.com/
And why would err... that... be in the game?

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:35 pm

DNA wrote: And why would err... that... be in the game?
No I'm saying that I wish Aeria would get this and add it to their library. Not anything being "in" the game.

Gamma

Post by Gamma » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:57 am

wings34 wrote:sorry if this has already been answered but has there been any info on what happened to goku, vegeta, and mabye even uub?
Those three are responsible for creating the "Street Fighter" masterclass. We don't know anything after that.
mysticboy wrote:
No I'm saying that I wish Aeria would get this and add it to their library. Not anything being "in" the game.
Aeria will most likely not get it. The Korean version of this game is hosted on Netmarble, so most likely, the Japanese release will be hosted on Netmarble Japan, and and the international release will be on Netmarble Global. There is only one exception, which is the Taiwanese release which is going to be hosted on Wasabii.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:22 am

Gamma wrote:
Those three are responsible for creating the "Street Fighter" masterclass. We don't know anything after that.
mysticboy wrote:
Aeria will most likely not get it. The Korean version of this game is hosted on Netmarble, so most likely, the Japanese release will be hosted on Netmarble Japan, and and the international release will be on Netmarble Global. There is only one exception, which is the Taiwanese release which is going to be hosted on Wasabii.

What's "Street Fighter masterclass"? And is this implying that Goku and Vegeta along with Uub got together and pulled a Trunks and Goten by opening a martial arts school together? O_O

Does it say when in the timeline this happens?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gamma

Post by Gamma » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 am

Chuquita wrote: What's "Street Fighter masterclass"? And is this implying that Goku and Vegeta along with Uub got together and pulled a Trunks and Goten by opening a martial arts school together? O_O

Does it say when in the timeline this happens?
There are 6 basic classes in the game:
Martial Artist, Spiritualist, Warrior, Dragon Clan, Mighty Majin, and Wonder Majin.

And at level 30, if you choose to become an adult, each of those classes branch off into two separate Master Classes:
Martial Artist - Street Fighter, Sword Master
Spritualist - Turtle Roshi, Crane Roshi
Warrior - Dark Warrior, Shadow Knight
Dragon Clan - Denden Priest, Poko Priest
Mighty Majin - Grand Ma, Ulti Ma
Wonder Majin - Plas Ma, Kar Ma

And it's assumed that Goku and Vegeta made the Street Fighter because that class holds Final Flash, Big Bang Attack, Taiyoken and Shunkan Ido. And that's all we know for now.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 am

Thank you so much!
I am fascinated by this and cannot wait for more information to come out related to it. :shock:

I agree that it's gotta be Goku and Vegeta based on that list of techniques. I'm really curious to see how this comes about now in the plotline. I've been wondering what happens to those two in the time-frame between the end of the manga and the beginning of DBO for a long time now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

wings34

Post by wings34 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Does anyone know if there going to add crazy superpowerful techniques like SSJ3 or the Genki Dama? Or even mabye just a cosmetic effect, like having SSj3 hairstyle without any significant bost.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:37 pm

wings34 wrote:Does anyone know if there going to add crazy superpowerful techniques like SSJ3 or the Genki Dama? Or even mabye just a cosmetic effect, like having SSj3 hairstyle without any significant bost.
Well, I've heard that there will be more SSJ levels with time. I have no idea if it's true though.