Mr. Satan deserves Videl

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eire
Advanced Regular

Re: Mr. Satan deserves Videl

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:08 am

To person who started this thread: which language is this? French/Polish translation in some places made Goku and Vegeta brothers, so tell which version is it (actually I doubt if such a hilarious mistake would pass, but who knows?)
And don't escape. We are just a bunch of old nerds who loves to torture fresh flesh. I've made more hilarious fouls up when I entered my first Star Wars forum and after some advises and normal posts it was totally forgotten. You are really welcome:)
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 am

Hahaha this thread amuses me :D But in all seriousness Videl and Mr.Saan are father and daughter and never ever should be in a romantic relationship,even if they werent relaed by blood.Mr.Satan still raised her.

Its cool hough that you didnt know that Mr.Satan is Videls father.When I started watching Dragonball I had no clue.When I heard that Goku´s Granpa was named Gohan I was confused because he already had a son named Gohan.I also thouhgt that Goten was named Goku ,too and that he was Gohans son.So I figured that there has to be like an endless circle of Gokus and Gohans or somehting.I also thought Saiyajin were humans and had no idea that they were from space.
-凯

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:32 am

XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote:Hi guys, I'm new here! ^^
Welcome!
XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote:We know that Mr. Satan is the strongest man in the world who rather than using ki to amplify his own power (read: cheat), relies on his own technique and abilities to overcome his opponents.
You mean the same guy who used the following lists of arsenals on Buu when he couldn't defeat him:
1. A Peacemaker Gun
2. A Gameboy-bomb
3. Poisoned chocolates

Yeah, he is certainly not a cheater.
XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote: On the other hand now, we have Videl who aside from learning from Gohan how to fly, uses similar techniques to Mr. Satan as far as relying on her own wit and physical abilities. Plus she's pretty good looking. :wink:
To be honest though, what they know may be just general MMA. At that point in the series, there is no real distinction in brawl fighting.
And yes, she is pretty cute.
XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote: Naturally, it stands to reason that Videl and Mr. Satan are meant to be with one another. Has anyone else ever noticed how incredibly similar they are? I really do believe that Toriyaka designed these two characters with each other in mind, but given the fact that he originally wanted Gohan to be the lead when making the Buu saga, decided to give him Videl as compensation for letting Goku and Mr. Satan be the heroes of the Buu arc.
XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote: (Yes, I do realize that the two characters hardly ever interact in the actual canon, but their personalities compliment each other so well for some reason. I also remember a line about Mr. Satan knowing Videl's mother.)

What you are saying is that Gohan and Chichi would be a match for eachother, since they are so similar in temper (when they lose it), and look similar.
XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote: What does everyone else think? Are there other fans of this pairing on the board? :D
I don't think so. :lol:
XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote: On that note, if they are related, do you guys think it'd be possible that Mr. Satan could gather the Dragon Balls and wish for Videl to not be related to him?
That would still make them father and daughter. Their relationship is not sexual in either way.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 am

SylentEcho wrote:Anyone would know the two are father and daughter.
Well to be fair, it's not like they look the same at all, other than having the same color hair.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 am

It's not like we must be visibly similar to our parents.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 am

Does nobody but me seriously see this as just a troll?
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am

As a person who once was sure that only males could become Jedi I see the good in new user.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:58 am

Drabaz wrote:Does nobody but me seriously see this as just a troll?
That was my first thought. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until there's an actual problem.
-Rachel

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:02 pm

I mean it seems kind of obvious but I guess I won't go into it. It seems to be forming a conversation, so it's serving it's purpose.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Clearly Trolling.

That picture is a clipped hentai pic.

Probably got it from Paheal.

Where it was almost certainly mentioned to be "wincest" by the commenters.

The briefiest Daiz/Wiki/google search would reveal that Videl Satan is Mr Satans daughter.

But the troll suceeded in making me laugh, so it's all good.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:04 pm

While I, too, find it almost impossible to believe that anyone with even the most cursory knowledge of the characters Mr. Satan and Videl would not know they are father/daughter, I do think it's only fair to not start tossing the "troll" card out so early. That's not particularly friendly or welcoming. You'd be surprised at the things I've read in my 13 years of running a website that people genuinely believe from the bottom of their hearts and are either surprised to find out are wrong, or continue to hold onto despite all the evidence and opinions to the contrary.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:10 pm

TobyS wrote:The briefiest Daiz/Wiki/google search would reveal that Videl Satan is Mr Satans daughter.
Videl doesn't have a surname, she only goes by the name Videl.
Extra note:
Mr. Satan is just a stage name, his real name is Mark, so his surname is not "Satan" contrary to popular belief.
It would also go against Videl's quote in the Buu Arc, that they don't have surnames where she lives, because if Mr. Satan had one then she is lying.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
TobyS wrote:The briefiest Daiz/Wiki/google search would reveal that Videl Satan is Mr Satans daughter.
Videl doesn't have a surname, she only goes by the name Videl.
Extra note:
Mr. Satan is just a stage name, his real name is Mark, so his surname is not "Satan" contrary to popular belief.
It would also go against Videl's quote in the Buu Arc, that they don't have surnames where she lives, because if Mr. Satan had one then she is lying.
I always assumed this meant his real name was Mark Satan.
But point taken.

VeggetoEX:

Just FTR I didn't mean it in a deregatory way, trolling can be a fun activity, a sport even, (FTR I don't do it here) So I wasn't implying he was stupid or weak of character or something negative, just that I highly suspect he was engaging in the act of trolling.

And combined with the avatar... come on man.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:50 pm

TobyS wrote: Just FTR I didn't mean it in a deregatory way, trolling can be a fun activity, a sport even, (FTR I don't do it here) So I wasn't implying he was stupid or weak of character or something negative, just that I highly suspect he was engaging in the act of trolling.

And considering on which day he joined
-凯

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:52 pm

kaialone wrote:
TobyS wrote: Just FTR I didn't mean it in a deregatory way, trolling can be a fun activity, a sport even, (FTR I don't do it here) So I wasn't implying he was stupid or weak of character or something negative, just that I highly suspect he was engaging in the act of trolling.

But he posted this today. If it was an April Fool joke, he would've posted it on April 1st.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
kaialone wrote:

But he posted this today. If it was an April Fool joke, he would've posted it on April 1st.
´kay sorry :(
-凯

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:56 pm

kaialone wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
kaialone wrote:And considering on which day he joined
´kay sorry :(
It's all right; no harm done. :)
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:07 pm

TobyS wrote:And combined with the avatar... come on man.
Sweet times when I was able to be a fangirl. If I had joined Daizenshuu 10 years ago I would have a nick like "Vegetaissweethotandmine" and a proper avatar. And I would provide much work for moderation. So I'm perfectly able to image 11 years old child too enthusiastic about newly discovered series to notice such a details like key issues of the series, longing for sharing her new brilliant ideas. Slow down, he/she is still harmless user :D

XxVidel-MrSatanxX

Post by XxVidel-MrSatanxX » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Wow, a lot of replies here, I kind of feel like an idiot now. :oops:
I guess I'll attempt to reply to everyone here.
Herms wrote:In the very first chapter/episode of the Boo story arc.
It's been a while since I've watched the Buu saga, so I completely missed that detail. Any mods willing to allow a name change? Yea, wow, I feel pretty embarrassed about that now. To be honest, even when I did see the Buu arc, it was mainly from Babidi's ship and around the actual fight against Buu himself, so I managed to completely miss that detail.
Herms wrote:What are you talking about?
Table. I guess the Jump Anniversary Special isn't really an OVA, but that was sooo much easier to type.
SylentEcho wrote:Haha, this thread is hilarious! This guy obviously only read/watched DB/Z in bits and pieces. Anyone would know the two are father and daughter.
Guy? :evil:
Eire wrote:To person who started this thread: which language is this? French/Polish translation in some places made Goku and Vegeta brothers, so tell which version is it (actually I doubt if such a hilarious mistake would pass, but who knows?)
And don't escape. We are just a bunch of old nerds who loves to torture fresh flesh. I've made more hilarious fouls up when I entered my first Star Wars forum and after some advises and normal posts it was totally forgotten. You are really welcome:)
I started out reading most of the Vietnamese manga (no, I don't know Vietnamese, I got to rely on shoddy classmate translations, good times). After that, I saw a majority of the series from a local video store that rented out fansubs (but they didn't have the entire series available, just chunks of the Saiyan, Cell, and Buu sagas along with some movies and GT). Everything else I managed to gradually fill in over the years with DVDs (and some VHS tapes I think a place called Janemba's Fansubs back when I was younger).

I'm from California, by the way. ^^

Godo wrote: You mean the same guy who used the following lists of arsenals on Buu when he couldn't defeat him:
1. A Peacemaker Gun
2. A Gameboy-bomb
3. Poisoned chocolates

Yeah, he is certainly not a cheater.
It's cheating, but it's more creative than anything Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, or even Gotenks did. If it wasn't for the psychopath with his gun, he would have effectively saved the world against Majin Buu on his own. Heck, he still does save the world anyway!
Drabaz wrote:Does nobody but me seriously see this as just a troll?
Ugh, I'm not a troll. I'm sorry for not knowing about their relation. ><
TobyS wrote:Clearly Trolling.

That picture is a clipped hentai pic.

Probably got it from Paheal.

Where it was almost certainly mentioned to be "wincest" by the commenters.

The briefiest Daiz/Wiki/google search would reveal that Videl Satan is Mr Satans daughter.

But the troll suceeded in making me laugh, so it's all good.
Not trolling, but I liked the picture. I don't know I feel about it anymore. :( I guess I could have done some more research, but I really didn't even have an inkling, so I really had no cause to go out and look. Maybe last night when I was first informed, but I was already half asleep by then. x.x
VegettoEX wrote:While I, too, find it almost impossible to believe that anyone with even the most cursory knowledge of the characters Mr. Satan and Videl would not know they are father/daughter, I do think it's only fair to not start tossing the "troll" card out so early. That's not particularly friendly or welcoming. You'd be surprised at the things I've read in my 13 years of running a website that people genuinely believe from the bottom of their hearts and are either surprised to find out are wrong, or continue to hold onto despite all the evidence and opinions to the contrary.
Thank you. :)

TobyS wrote:And combined with the avatar... come on man.
I thought it was a funny avatar, but now it grosses me out. I'm going to be changing it and my signature I guess. :(
<3Videl<3

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:55 pm

XxVidel-MrSatanxX wrote:
SylentEcho wrote:Haha, this thread is hilarious! This guy obviously only read/watched DB/Z in bits and pieces. Anyone would know the two are father and daughter.
Guy? :evil:
"Guy" can refer to both men and women.

Anyway, don't feel too embarrassed about it. There are a lot of fans that make mistakes, especially if they're a newbie, have a limited knowledge of the series or only seen certain parts of it.