Episode #0002 (27 November 2005)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 am

Dayspring wrote:Meri should be an anime voice actress. Specifically for a teen Bulma, since the both put the V and A back into "VA," if you know what I mean. 8) :lol:

....Even I don't know what that meant! :?
I think you're hitting on Mike's girlfriend. I'd watch out if I were you 8)

No, seriously. Hide. Mike hasn't replied yet because he's on his way over. And he's not coming for cupcakes.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:01 am

Mispronounciations aside, this helped me confirm that Ian Corlett is definatly my personal favorite english Goku. While he is really far away from Mosako Nozawa, he can really capture the mood of a moment well...

And I always enjoy a good talk about Filler. VegettoEX mentioning something about that to me on AIM is what convinced me to listen in the first place.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:00 pm

It was really nice to hear all four of Goku's voices compared like that in the audio clips. Its had been so easy for me before to mix up Ian and Peter's Gokus after having been so long since I've seen those episodes aired. (I do have Movie 1 - 3, I just haven't watched them in a while ^_^; ) Surprising how much deeper Sean's Goku voice is. The first two sound much closer to Ms. Nozawa's.

(I used first names for the dub va's because I'm afraid I'll mispell their last names and thus look stupid for it. ^_^;; )
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Meri
The Wife

Post by Meri » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:17 pm

Glad to hear people enjoyed this 2nd episode of the podcast! I had a lot of fun helping out with it (and I do apologize for disappearing in the middle of it. In actuality, I had to cook dinner because it was getting very late, and I figured I could at least get started on that while Mike and Julian continued working on the podcast).

I was worried about rushing or not completing my thoughts before switching to another idea, but it seems as though things turned out OK. Maybe Mike'll let me help out with additional episodes (and thus, becoming the "Token Chick" of the podcast).

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:50 pm

I couldn't help but giggle when I first heard your voice, Mike. I was expecting your voice to be a bit deeper. Love the podcat. :3

EDIT: This is very imformative. I have to admit that I was mispronouncing Budokai wrong the entire time of knowing it, and the voice comparisons are very interesting.
Last edited by Magica on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:51 pm

Magica wrote:I couldn't help but giggle when I first heard your voice, Mike. I was expecting your voice to be a bit deeper. Love the podcat. :3
I'm either going to do the entire next podcast in a deep, sexy voice... or as dub Kame-Sen'nin.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:58 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Magica wrote:I couldn't help but giggle when I first heard your voice, Mike. I was expecting your voice to be a bit deeper. Love the podcat. :3
I'm either going to do the entire next podcast in a deep, sexy voice... or as dub Kame-Sen'nin.
I demand Tom Cruise laughs! :x
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Which dub one though? Ian Corlett's, Mike McFarland's or whoever the hell played him in the first 3 movie dubs (video Tree of Might)?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:12 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Which dub one though? Ian Corlett's, Mike McFarland's or whoever the hell played him in the first 3 movie dubs (video Tree of Might)?
Oh, sorry. The latest FUNimation one. I guess I should have noted :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:21 pm

Mike McFarland then. The only one who actually got to be a dirty old man.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:22 pm

About the comment made about Mr. Satan or "Hercule" in the Viz manga.

The change that was made doesn't totally throw aside the anme Mr. Satan. Both "Hercule" and Mr Satan are known names for the character in the Viz manga. "Hercule" is just the name that is most commonly used in the Viz manga. However, Viz tends to remind you once in awhile of the name Mr. Satan once in awhile.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Maleko

Post by Maleko » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:30 am

I vote dub Kame-Sen'nin :)
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"

-Confucius

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:21 am

Kendamu is right...

And hearing Mike's voice made him seem much more...human. I loved the part where he admited that he couldn't say "Kuririn" because, quite frankly, I have the same issue, so I just opt for Krillin most of the time. Besides, it isn't really that bad of a translation, is it?

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:13 pm

They also remind you that Jounouchi Katsuya is called "Joey Wheeler", if you're talking about what I think you are.

Similiarly, like I said in the other thread, they changed "Pegasus J. Crawford" to his dub name "Maximillion Pegsus", while leaving the other characters (IE, Kujaku Mai) along. That in itself has me incredibly irked, and the fact they used "Pegasus J. Crawford" on the chapter page for "Duel 18" of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist (I can't remember the chapter number in the Japanese run. ^^;) leaves me confused.

Sorry for the derailing. *cough*

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:23 pm

I've been gonw for quite a while, but now I'm back and would like to let you guys know that I absolutely loved both of your podcasts! You guys definately have the right mix of interesting topics to discuss and news!

Outstanding job, and good luck in the future with this project!

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:08 pm

Another good job! However, I do have a few things to say on your filler opinion.

I do agree with the fact that it was very touching when all the Z fighters got up to help Gohan, even though they couldn't actually help. I don't however, think Toriyama dropped the ball.

The anime and the manga both let you know that Vegeta has a temporary change of heart to help Gohan. I think the manga does a bit of a better job however.

In the anime, Vegeta is the last to decide to help Gohan. He seems a little more like he needed the persuation of watching everyone else helping to decide to help. Somewhat like in move 8. I think Toei may have been going for a similar idea.

In the manga though, I think the focus is more, this is Vegeta, who normally wouldn't help anyone, completely on his own will, on his own, without anyone else going to help Gohan. Sort of like a Piccolo style character scene, but with Vegeta.

Nonetheless, we have have our own opinions, and I do agree the anime version was touching in its own way.

Anyway, I really also liked the voice comparison. I am really starting to like Peter Whatshisface's Goku. He obviously must have listened to the Japanese track a lot before doing his Kaioken.

I also find it funny how Funimation keeps spelling it Kaio Ken, and still says Kay o Ken.

Mattias
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mattias » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:24 pm

Any plans on getting Seth MacFarlane to make a guest appearance? :wink:
[i]"Well, Diane, I'm sure you and your brother are devistated for the two-headed monster that could have been,"[/i] ~ Tom Tucker.

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:28 am

I deserve a guest appearance! I don't know why, but I do. I could make some pretty good points and could say that I was Sean Schmell (or whatever it is) and imitate his voice. I could yell at all the Funi haters with my Chain smoker Freeza voice, or mabey my Vegeta voice!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:41 am

I think he should pick the person who has the most post to be a future guest on the show, Or if it's even possible...some VA? very doubtfull but hey, ya never know.

M-Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by M-Vegeta » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:53 am

Maybe you could do a segment on DBZ Carddass Cards. I got them as a gift ... and don't know a single thing about them. Do you play card games, what's this DP+numbered thing on the bottom, what's the red thing at the top ... and are the hologram cards rare ... :P.

Probably not a direction you're gonna go, since you probably want to reach a wider audience, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I'm most likely the only one who wants to know information about them. :lol:

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/9562 ... 3qw7zp.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 0029cz.jpg
Last edited by M-Vegeta on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.