Android 17?
- Great Saiyaman
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 436
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:34 am
- Location: Jersey
Android 17?
How can #17 give his chi to the Spirit Bomb when you cannot sense his chi? It doesn't make sense.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*
[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*
[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]
- Conan the SSJ
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2814
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:40 am
- Location: Ohio
Re: Android 17?
Maybe his and 18's "ki" were being blocked out by the bombs that Shenron removed after Cell's defeat, it actually seems logical since Chibi Trunks pointed out that 18's stronger than Krillin when he and Goten fought her, yet Trunks never even battled it out with Krillin or saw him fight (except with Pintar, in which case Krillin used a very small portion of his real power). Also, as seen with 18, she also gave her energy to Goku's Spirit Bomb. This explanation, while just invented by me, actually helps support Trunks' logic why #18 must be stronger than Krillin during the 25th Budokai, 18 and 17 giving their energy to Goku, and why Trunks was able to recognize the similarity in 17's ki in the Super 17 arc.Great Saiyaman wrote:How can #17 give his chi to the Spirit Bomb when you cannot sense his chi? It doesn't make sense.
14 years later
I always imagined both Jinzouningen have ki, since they _are_ humans. They would be dead without any ki. However, they fight using another energy-source, which has no ki signature. Therefore the Jinzouningen are hard to track with ki, since they are as strong as other, normal people. Like looking for a needle in a haystack.
So #17 could give his ki to Gokuu...
So #17 could give his ki to Gokuu...
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen
The Genki Dama doesn't just gather ki, it gathers all kinds of energy(Kaio talked about that the very first time Goku did it). That's why Goku is able to make one with energy from the sun or inanimate objects. So when 17 and 18 donated, they were either raising their hands over nothing, or it could gather whatever sort of energy it is they run off of(since they have unlimited energy, they could've probably just kept their hands raised all day, and very slowly provided an endless supply to the Genki Dama).
- Chaos Saiyajin
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1343
- Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:35 pm
- Location: Kentucky, USA
- Contact:
- Great Saiyaman
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 436
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:34 am
- Location: Jersey
Yeah but when he took it from that stuff it was always like that land type energy, oceans, trees (which are living). I've always thought it was chi.Metrite wrote:The Genki Dama doesn't just gather ki, it gathers all kinds of energy(Kaio talked about that the very first time Goku did it). That's why Goku is able to make one with energy from the sun or inanimate objects. So when 17 and 18 donated, they were either raising their hands over nothing, or it could gather whatever sort of energy it is they run off of(since they have unlimited energy, they could've probably just kept their hands raised all day, and very slowly provided an endless supply to the Genki Dama).
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*
[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*
[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]
How exactly is earth or water alive? And even if they were, using that logic the materials making up all of Gero's creations would be able to donate energy.Great Saiyaman wrote: Yeah but when he took it from that stuff it was always like that land type energy, oceans, trees (which are living). I've always thought it was chi.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
- Mr. Announcer
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 464
- Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:28 pm
- Location: Maryland
- Contact:
That's just the old shintoism. They believe everything in nature has a spirit and ki is spiritual energy. I'm guessing that probably doesn't apply to machines since they're not exactly 'natural' but since 17 and 18 are human they could definitely contribute. As for the types of energy they use, if they don't use ki then why is it that 19 could absorb Gokuh's ki and make use of it? 19 didn't even have a human base.
- Great Saiyaman
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 436
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:34 am
- Location: Jersey
I meant Plants are alive. As far as Oceans go, to me that's sorta like the mystical japaneese energy type thing. =/Dayspring wrote:How exactly is earth or water alive? And even if they were, using that logic the materials making up all of Gero's creations would be able to donate energy.Great Saiyaman wrote: Yeah but when he took it from that stuff it was always like that land type energy, oceans, trees (which are living). I've always thought it was chi.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*
[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*
[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]
Fine, whatever, but either way DB is not following the rules of Japanese religions simply because the genkidama gathers energy.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
- Mr. Announcer
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 464
- Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:28 pm
- Location: Maryland
- Contact:
Oh no, of course not. It ticks me off when people try to convince me that Toriyama was adhering to a completely Zen Buddhist idea of the afterlife and reincarnation when it's pretty obvious he mixes and matches religions with little regard for consistency. I was just saying that it would be natural for them to think that way about it since it's a part of their major religion.
- The S
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2414
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am
- Location: Moesko Island, WA
- Contact:
I'm just going to tack on this question instead of creating a seperate topic for it:
Are Androids 13, 14, and 15 purely mechanical? And, are they Limitless Power models?
Are Androids 13, 14, and 15 purely mechanical? And, are they Limitless Power models?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!
Purely mechanical. They're amalgamations of the three models, for really no reason at all. Maybe that's why Super #13 was so damned powerful.The S wrote:I'm just going to tack on this question instead of creating a seperate topic for it:
Are Androids 13, 14, and 15 purely mechanical? And, are they Limitless Power models?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
-
ChaotixXero
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 198
- Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:40 am
- desirecampbell
- Moderator
- Posts: 4296
- Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
I never thought of that... the water isn't alive, but there are countless microscopic organisms in it.ChaotixXero wrote:Well he could get energy for the ocean, theres lots of plankton there.
(é) Yeah, I'm famous. Super famous. I start things.
Toyble's DBAF | DBZ Side Stories |Jump Super Anime Tour manga | Chou Kochikame
Toyble's DBAF | DBZ Side Stories |Jump Super Anime Tour manga | Chou Kochikame








