What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.
User avatar
mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by mysticboy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Epic says that Unreal Engine 4 can run on the Wii U. Hell, the the Wii U can run CryEngine 3. The Wii U can do 1080p gaming at 60fps. You may not be able to see this in a heavily compressed YouTube video which is in 720p and locked at 24-30fps. And most of the game it's getting now are just ports. Some devs just copy and paste the code from the 360 version and take the 5 extra minutes to program in the gamepad functionality. This is because A.) they don't take (or have) time to make a proper port that uses the Wii U's power, or B.) they don't fully understand the Wii U's architecture yet.

Back to the topic at hand.

I actually want to see an RPG that uses the screen on the gamepad. Something like Attack of the Saiyans mixed with some Blue Dragon.

User avatar
GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

mysticboy wrote:Epic says that Unreal Engine 4 can run on the Wii U. Hell, the the Wii U can run CryEngine 3. The Wii U can do 1080p gaming at 60fps. You may not be able to see this in a heavily compressed YouTube video which is in 720p and locked at 24-30fps. And most of the game it's getting now are just ports. Some devs just copy and paste the code from the 360 version and take the 5 extra minutes to program in the gamepad functionality. This is because A.) they don't take (or have) time to make a proper port that uses the Wii U's power, or B.) they don't fully understand the Wii U's architecture yet.

Back to the topic at hand.

I actually want to see an RPG that uses the screen on the gamepad. Something like Attack of the Saiyans mixed with some Blue Dragon.
A sequel to Attack of the Saiyans would be nice to have.
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

User avatar
Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here
Posts: 2297
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Hail

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

User avatar
GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
No I meant on the DS or 3DS, not the Wii U >_>
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

User avatar
Insertclevername
I Live Here
Posts: 3208
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 pm
Location: Eastern Zone 439

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 pm

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
No I meant on the DS or 3DS, not the Wii U >_>
Well, this is the "What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?" thread.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

User avatar
GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
GogetaSSJ2 wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
No I meant on the DS or 3DS, not the Wii U >_>
Well, this is the "What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?" thread.
That was just a quick sidetracked comment about AOTS.

Back to the main topic: What kind of DBZ games for Wii U? Nothing at the moment. I don't think a Wii U DBZ game is on the cards for NB right now. They're just focusing on Xbox 360/PS3. If Wii U sells well in the long term then we might see something; but that has yet to be seen whether Wii U will be successful in the long run. NB don't want to invest in a console that has the possibility to fail so they're playing it close to the chest on this one.
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

User avatar
Hitiro
I Live Here
Posts: 3433
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by Hitiro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Budokai HD Collection with online mode? XD

Hey, it happened for BT3 for the Wii.

User avatar
dbboxkaifan
Banned
Posts: 8906
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Hitiro wrote:Budokai HD Collection with online mode? XD

Hey, it happened for BT3 for the Wii.
Did anyone ever actually played BT3 on the Wii or even online on Wii?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11378
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Did anyone ever actually played BT3 on the Wii or even online on Wii?
I preferred the game on the Wii, but not with the Wiimote. Online sucked though. They didn't give two shits about the game's servers so there was horrible lag. Sometimes you'd have lost the fight already, but you wouldn't even know that for a minute or two. -_-
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Gokuden
Regular
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm
Location: HFIL

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by Gokuden » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am

Harada said he'll release an inferior version of Tekken for Wii-U, I guess all the devs will follow suite.
Hopefully devs take this console seriously. (laughs)
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

User avatar
mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?

Post by mysticboy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:05 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:Did anyone ever actually played BT3 on the Wii or even online on Wii?
I preferred the game on the Wii, but not with the Wiimote. Online sucked though. They didn't give two shits about the game's servers so there was horrible lag. Sometimes you'd have lost the fight already, but you wouldn't even know that for a minute or two. -_-
I had nightmares of that online.

Post Reply