What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
Epic says that Unreal Engine 4 can run on the Wii U. Hell, the the Wii U can run CryEngine 3. The Wii U can do 1080p gaming at 60fps. You may not be able to see this in a heavily compressed YouTube video which is in 720p and locked at 24-30fps. And most of the game it's getting now are just ports. Some devs just copy and paste the code from the 360 version and take the 5 extra minutes to program in the gamepad functionality. This is because A.) they don't take (or have) time to make a proper port that uses the Wii U's power, or B.) they don't fully understand the Wii U's architecture yet.
Back to the topic at hand.
I actually want to see an RPG that uses the screen on the gamepad. Something like Attack of the Saiyans mixed with some Blue Dragon.
Back to the topic at hand.
I actually want to see an RPG that uses the screen on the gamepad. Something like Attack of the Saiyans mixed with some Blue Dragon.
- GogetaSSJ2
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 320
- Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
A sequel to Attack of the Saiyans would be nice to have.mysticboy wrote:Epic says that Unreal Engine 4 can run on the Wii U. Hell, the the Wii U can run CryEngine 3. The Wii U can do 1080p gaming at 60fps. You may not be able to see this in a heavily compressed YouTube video which is in 720p and locked at 24-30fps. And most of the game it's getting now are just ports. Some devs just copy and paste the code from the 360 version and take the 5 extra minutes to program in the gamepad functionality. This is because A.) they don't take (or have) time to make a proper port that uses the Wii U's power, or B.) they don't fully understand the Wii U's architecture yet.
Back to the topic at hand.
I actually want to see an RPG that uses the screen on the gamepad. Something like Attack of the Saiyans mixed with some Blue Dragon.
PSN: Nightwing7841
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta
- Super Sayian Prime
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2297
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:26 pm
- Location: Hail
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.
- GogetaSSJ2
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 320
- Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
No I meant on the DS or 3DS, not the Wii U >_>Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
PSN: Nightwing7841
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta
- Insertclevername
- I Live Here
- Posts: 3208
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 pm
- Location: Eastern Zone 439
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
Well, this is the "What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?" thread.GogetaSSJ2 wrote:No I meant on the DS or 3DS, not the Wii U >_>Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.
- GogetaSSJ2
- Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 320
- Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:06 pm
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
That was just a quick sidetracked comment about AOTS.Insertclevername wrote:Well, this is the "What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?" thread.GogetaSSJ2 wrote:No I meant on the DS or 3DS, not the Wii U >_>Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Namco Bandai isn't going to make an Attack of the Saiyans sequel on Wii U. HD RPGs cost too much money to make a good game to keep exclusive to the console with the lowest userbase, and because Monolith is owned by Nintendo there's no chance of a PS3/360/Wii U release of it.
Back to the main topic: What kind of DBZ games for Wii U? Nothing at the moment. I don't think a Wii U DBZ game is on the cards for NB right now. They're just focusing on Xbox 360/PS3. If Wii U sells well in the long term then we might see something; but that has yet to be seen whether Wii U will be successful in the long run. NB don't want to invest in a console that has the possibility to fail so they're playing it close to the chest on this one.
PSN: Nightwing7841
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
Budokai HD Collection with online mode? XD
Hey, it happened for BT3 for the Wii.
Hey, it happened for BT3 for the Wii.
- dbboxkaifan
- Banned
- Posts: 8906
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
Did anyone ever actually played BT3 on the Wii or even online on Wii?Hitiro wrote:Budokai HD Collection with online mode? XD
Hey, it happened for BT3 for the Wii.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray
- TheDevilsCorpse
- Moderator
- Posts: 11378
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
- Contact:
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
I preferred the game on the Wii, but not with the Wiimote. Online sucked though. They didn't give two shits about the game's servers so there was horrible lag. Sometimes you'd have lost the fight already, but you wouldn't even know that for a minute or two. -_-dbboxkaifan wrote:Did anyone ever actually played BT3 on the Wii or even online on Wii?
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
Harada said he'll release an inferior version of Tekken for Wii-U, I guess all the devs will follow suite.
Hopefully devs take this console seriously. (laughs)
Hopefully devs take this console seriously. (laughs)
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.
Re: What kind of Dragon Ball games do you expect for Wii U?
I had nightmares of that online.TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I preferred the game on the Wii, but not with the Wiimote. Online sucked though. They didn't give two shits about the game's servers so there was horrible lag. Sometimes you'd have lost the fight already, but you wouldn't even know that for a minute or two. -_-dbboxkaifan wrote:Did anyone ever actually played BT3 on the Wii or even online on Wii?






