Minor suggestion regarding "Chat" section

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Minor suggestion regarding "Chat" section

Post by Adnan » Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 pm

Why not add a link that takes people directly to the IRC chat room?

Instructions on how to use URLs (pardon me if you already know :oops:) linking to IRC can be found here:

http://www.mirc.com/mirclink.html

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 11, 2006 10:19 pm

I'd prefer people put in the effort of going about doing it. Every bit cuts down on the... err... "un-needed"... folks :D.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Thu May 11, 2006 10:39 pm

I agree.

Expanding on that thought, let's remove all links on the site and force people to type URLs to browse. :wink:

Um.. yeah.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 11, 2006 10:49 pm

If you'd like to be sarcastic, there are plenty of other places that would welcome it.

Just answering the question. Truthfully, honestly, and completely. When you have to moderate this kind of stuff, every bit counts... lemme tell ya'.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri May 12, 2006 12:53 am

Adnan wrote:I agree.

Expanding on that thought, let's remove all links on the site and force people to type URLs to browse. :wink:

Um.. yeah.
URL's are for pussies. Real men type the actual IP addresses!

http://216.139.225.214/: There's a website too (or whatever that catch phrase is)?

-Corey

P.S. - Is it just me, or are things...strange here recently? People were having fun in the pics thread, Mike decided that he'd start the thread when and if he wanted it, now this (which is kinda silly, if you ask me). Seems like Daizex is becoming more...err, restrictive.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 12, 2006 6:59 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:P.S. - Is it just me, or are things...strange here recently? People were having fun in the pics thread, Mike decided that he'd start the thread when and if he wanted it, now this (which is kinda silly, if you ask me). Seems like Daizex is becoming more...err, restrictive.
With regards to the thread about pictures, it's simply that I know I'm going to need to be available to police the thread more often than a usual one. This past two weeks has not been two weeks that I've been available as much as possible, and can't dedicate the time to it. That's all :D.

With regards to this... err... I answered the question...?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri May 12, 2006 10:13 am

VegettoEX wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:P.S. - Is it just me, or are things...strange here recently? People were having fun in the pics thread, Mike decided that he'd start the thread when and if he wanted it, now this (which is kinda silly, if you ask me). Seems like Daizex is becoming more...err, restrictive.
With regards to the thread about pictures, it's simply that I know I'm going to need to be available to police the thread more often than a usual one. This past two weeks has not been two weeks that I've been available as much as possible, and can't dedicate the time to it. That's all :D.

With regards to this... err... I answered the question...?
That's exactly what I was going to say :D

Mike can't be everywhere at once, and a thread devoted to pictures of members (mmm, Rick Green jokes) would require a lot of careful moderation (even with a comunity as mature as ours there's a chance for this to turn into some kind of 'myspace').

And with the great influx of people because of the podcast there has to be a great adherence to the rules lest the proliteriet rise up and over thr-

I think I'm getting of topic :lol:

Anyway, try not be be so hard on Mike - he's only (counts on fingers) one man!

Adnan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adnan » Fri May 12, 2006 10:45 am

VegettoEX wrote:If you'd like to be sarcastic, there are plenty of other places that would welcome it.

Just answering the question. Truthfully, honestly, and completely. When you have to moderate this kind of stuff, every bit counts... lemme tell ya'.
Alright alright.

I was just kidding in the last post though. :oops:

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon May 15, 2006 1:11 am

VegettoEX wrote:With regards to the thread about pictures, it's simply that I know I'm going to need to be available to police the thread more often than a usual one. This past two weeks has not been two weeks that I've been available as much as possible, and can't dedicate the time to it. That's all :D.
That's cool. I just found it unusual. Also, when a community reaches a certain size, typically the administrators elect moderators to handle things in their absence. Not saying you have to, but the last community I dealt with wherein one guy did all the moderating (he shut the community down when he wasn't going to be able to get online for a given day or group of days as a result), people eventually left because it wore thin.

As far as my post, I was half joking half being serious. Mainly because I had wanted to pop onto the chat one day while I was at work on my break, but I couldn't do so because I didn't want to take the time to download and configure an IRC client. Not a big deal, just saying. Feels kinda goofy to limit availability to aspects of the site ;p

-Corey

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon May 15, 2006 1:51 am

So, I just re-read this thread - I did not know there was an IRC (I almost said 'IRC chat' :P) for this place.

I may have to pop in to see what y'all are up to :D

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon May 15, 2006 1:55 am

Speaking of the chat. Any chance we might have the trivia again anytime soon?

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri May 26, 2006 12:49 pm

MajinVejitaXV wrote:Mainly because I had wanted to pop onto the chat one day while I was at work on my break, but I couldn't do so because I didn't want to take the time to download and configure an IRC client. Not a big deal, just saying. Feels kinda goofy to limit availability to aspects of the site ;p

-Corey
That's when you go to Rizon.net and use the Java (Cr)applet! Not as good as mIRC or the like, but it's sufficient for a short visit. :P
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.