"Complete Vegeta Saga" in Sept (w/ box art)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KameHouse

Post by KameHouse » Thu May 25, 2006 9:36 pm

Haha glad I waited as well.

What a boring boxed set though, dont like the cover art.
Come on inside....the Kame House.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Thu May 25, 2006 9:45 pm

Haha, the box art resembles the new releases from Japan. I'm really glad I didn't purchase any of the Ultimate Uncuts, it was worth the wait. I'm definitely going to get this.

Does anybody else here get the feeling that they might release new box sets sometime soon? (soon as in, a year to two years time) They'd probably consider doing this, because they probably want to renumber the episodes in a correct order. Another reason is so that all of the dvds will look organized I guess, with the same style of cover art.

I have all of FUNi's Dragonball, and Dragonball GT dvds, and I'm just missing the UUEs, Frieza saga, Great Saiyaman, and Cell Games dvds. I hate that whole idea about starter sets.

So yeah, Please FUNimation, hurry up and finish up with the UUE's, and move onto releasing the fucking Frieza saga box set. FUCK!!! PROFANITY BARRAGE!

*Snail continues to pms.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu May 25, 2006 10:35 pm

:shock::shock::shock:
Well, I'll agree with everyone that I'm glad that I didn't buy any of the UUEs. Although I was tempted to do so when they started releasing the Vegeta Saga Part 2.

Hmm... I'm getting the impression that FUNi is getting influencedby the DragonBoxes (not that it's a bad thing). I mean, with the whole more-than-3 episodes per disc thing going... I like it!

But why must we wait until September?? Could it be that it's because they're setting it up so that it'll be the remastered DragonBox footage?? (Hey, a guy could dream...)
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 pm

Hmm, episode wise that means there will probably be 8 boxes (if they keep doing the same episode count and decide to do this for the whole series).

I find it odd that they are doing the same thing with Yu Yu Hakusho (the new rereleases are 14 episodes each which means there will be 8 boxes).

I bought the first few UU editions then i stopped just cause i didnt care to keep buying them, I'll just get these.

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Thu May 25, 2006 11:14 pm

I hope they are still uncut, bonus features would be nice also.
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu May 25, 2006 11:18 pm

BrollysKin wrote:I hope they are still uncut, bonus features would be nice also.
I don't see why they wouldn't be uncut... I mean, it would be foolish to re-release their old TV edited dub again, when everyone's been waiting for the uncut episodes...

Judging by the number of episodes, I doubt we'll see any extras (at least for this set), since it looks like they're trying to cram as many episodes onto a disc as possible (39 eps. on 5 discs)

But if they're trying to imitate the Dragonbox releases, then... who knows?
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Thu May 25, 2006 11:22 pm

I am so excited! If they manage to get a hold of some cleaner re-mastered footage, I would pay an arm and a leg. But it sounds like I wont have to! Muah-ha-ha :D

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu May 25, 2006 11:25 pm

BrollysKin wrote:If they manage to get a hold of some cleaner re-mastered footage, I would pay an arm and a leg.
Dunno at this point, I personally doubt it. But... who knows? I guess we'll find out whenever Funimation officially announces it. :?:

(Personally, it didn't really matter to me if the video wasn't Dragonbox quality on the UUE releases, but I'll take it if they're willing to give it to us.) :wink:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Thu May 25, 2006 11:35 pm

Damn this is so flippin awesome, I'm glad that I only recorded the entire Re-Dub on VHS rather than buying DVD's....I'm probably gonna buy this because it's so cheap & it's a huge hassel to find what episode I want on my recordd VHS'...I got like 15 episodes per tape.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

dolma66

Okay

Post by dolma66 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:00 am

It says a tv boxset u know what that mean it mean they are going to be in slim cases and they will be uncut though however it will be uncut only wut was shown on tv. Trust me it wouldnt be cheap unless there is something missing no way the whole vegeta saga for only 40. They did with Inuyasha season 1 they brought it out in slim cases with missin extras and the tv verion so it wasnt totally uncut for like half the prince and they also did it with Kenshin same exact thing. The only reason they did this is because it cheaper and more people are willing to buy not knowing wut the differences are and Funimation makes way more money. However I am interested in The broly three pack that come with all 3 movies however all i need is the box casing lol since i already got all 3 movies. Ya so if you all want the TV version "Uncut" then go head and buy it but believe me its not worth unless u want to save money.

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Okay

Post by BrollysKin » Fri May 26, 2006 12:04 am

dolma66 wrote:It says a tv boxset u know what that mean it mean they are going to be in slim cases and they will be uncut though however it will be uncut only wut was shown on tv. Trust me it wouldnt be cheap unless there is something missing no way the whole vegeta saga for only 40. They did with Inuyasha season 1 they brought it out in slim cases with missin extras and the tv verion so it wasnt totally uncut for like half the prince and they also did it with Kenshin same exact thing. The only reason they did this is because it cheaper and more people are willing to buy not knowing wut the differences are and Funimation makes way more money. However I am interested in The broly three pack that come with all 3 movies however all i need is the box casing lol since i already got all 3 movies. Ya so if you all want the TV version "Uncut" then go head and buy it but believe me its not worth unless u want to save money.
Hey just a reminder to watch your grammer. Vegetto EX can get awfully mad about it.

Also I am not sure you know what your talking about...

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Fri May 26, 2006 12:14 am

dolma66 wrote:It says a tv boxset u know what that mean it mean they are going to be in slim cases and they will be uncut though however it will be uncut only wut was shown on tv. Trust me it wouldnt be cheap unless there is something missing no way the whole vegeta saga for only 40. They did with Inuyasha season 1 they brought it out in slim cases with missin extras and the tv verion so it wasnt totally uncut for like half the prince and they also did it with Kenshin same exact thing. The only reason they did this is because it cheaper and more people are willing to buy not knowing wut the differences are and Funimation makes way more money. However I am interested in The broly three pack that come with all 3 movies however all i need is the box casing lol since i already got all 3 movies. Ya so if you all want the TV version "Uncut" then go head and buy it but believe me its not worth unless u want to save money.
Be quiet :).

The release is going to be uncut and bilingual, as doing an uncut, English only release would be going gaianst FUNimation's normal pattern. They havent done edited or english only DVDs in years and they won't start now. Just because it says TV, doesn't mean it wont be the uncut version. Kenshin never had an edited release because the edited version would sell extremely poorly.

It'll be uncut. It'll be bilingual.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Fri May 26, 2006 12:17 am

Let's see....so basically your'e saying that the DragonBall Z "Vegeta Saga" or "Season 1" Boxset is a ripoff because it will include the "Uncut" TV Version that was slightly edited & there will be no extras.

Well the site with the box art link says it will include the Original JPN Version w/subtitles so I doubt they'll edit anything off from there & I can care less for extras as long as I get 29 or so episodes with the Original JPN Version intact with Daimao's subtitles for $50.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri May 26, 2006 12:22 am

Great Saiyaman wrote:Damn this is so flippin awesome, I'm glad that I only recorded the entire Re-Dub on VHS rather than buying DVD's....I'm probably gonna buy this because it's so cheap & it's a huge hassel to find what episode I want on my recordd VHS'...I got like 15 episodes per tape.
Agreed. I have a good number of the aired UUE episodes on tape, and was going to transfer their bad quality onto DVD, but now I have an excuse not to!
theoriginalbilis wrote:Dunno at this point, I personally doubt it. But... who knows? I guess we'll find out whenever Funimation officially announces it. Question

(Personally, it didn't really matter to me if the video wasn't Dragonbox quality on the UUE releases, but I'll take it if they're willing to give it to us.) Wink
Also agreed. It would be a pretty boss bonus to have the remasters, but as long as they're uncut, then I could care less.

On a slightly offtopic note, I find it kinda funny to see a Newbie correcting another Newbie; good job on keeping the peace, BrollysKin (and everyone else) :D.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Fri May 26, 2006 12:25 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:Well the site with the box art link says it will include the Original JPN Version w/subtitles so I doubt they'll edit anything off from there & I can care less for extras as long as I get 29 or so episodes with the Original JPN Version intact with Daimao's subtitles for $50.
*Ahem* that would be 39 episodes.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri May 26, 2006 12:38 am

Daimao wrote:
Sebastian (SB) wrote:Well the site with the box art link says it will include the Original JPN Version w/subtitles so I doubt they'll edit anything off from there & I can care less for extras as long as I get 29 or so episodes with the Original JPN Version intact with Daimao's subtitles for $50.
On that note of 39 episodes: wouldn't that mean that not only do the episodes go until Vegeta's defeat, but they kinda spill into a pre-Namek arc and have the episodes where they find Kami's ship. I guess that's pretty cool, since I found the whole Mr. Popo and Bulma episode to be pretty interesting, mostly since I have this kind of "fixation" on the Namek language.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri May 26, 2006 1:05 am

DaemonCorps wrote:
Daimao wrote:
On that note of 39 episodes: wouldn't that mean that not only do the episodes go until Vegeta's defeat, but they kinda spill into a pre-Namek arc and have the episodes where they find Kami's ship. I guess that's pretty cool, since I found the whole Mr. Popo and Bulma episode to be pretty interesting, mostly since I have this kind of "fixation" on the Namek language.
I am so unbelievably happy - I might just kill a small dog :shock:

If tis continues I'll be able to get the whole series, with the Demon King's subtitles, for half a grand! Holy crap, I don't want to say I creamed my pants, but...

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Fri May 26, 2006 1:32 am

A 39 episode boxset for only $50? Wow, that'll mean I'll actually have a sizable chunk of the Z anime soon! :P Really, all I have of the Z-era(aside from the movies) are the first UU dvd, and one of the Great Saiyaman dvd(3 episodes per disc is too much and too little for such a long series).

Like many, I've felt and resisted the temptation to buy all those DVDs of the series. Now I can do so without feeling like I could've brought a house instead. :P

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Fri May 26, 2006 1:42 am

this is iffy, its not like funi...
Ok the UUC are on dual layer dvds with three episodes right? So this would be like 8 episodes on a dual layer disk, it’s been done with dragonball but what we can expect for picture quality. I think were misinformed. About the Yu Yu set, that set is a 2 disk version of the first three disks for 25$ this is 5 disks for 50$. What would be the point of selling these episodes again this early when the UUC DVD is selling pretty well (better then the DBGT DVD did) the market is to Saturated at this time.... I don’t know! The Inuyasha comment is right, that is 26 episodes and pendent for like 120 $. It doesn’t add up to me, I’m going to wait it out I already have the vegeta saga 1 and started the Vegeta saga 2 box sets so I feel very ripped off. Sorry about the rant I’m not use to doing big posts.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Fri May 26, 2006 1:47 am

I wonder if these DVDs have the Spanish audio track? I have read and searched all of the pages that were linked and they all say English and Japanese audio tracks only. I want to make sure that they do have the Spanish dub before I sell my first three Ultimate Uncuts.

Does anyone know how to contact Funimation so that I can ask?
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)