How do YOU enjoy Daizex's fantastical Podcast?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arcuivie

How do YOU enjoy Daizex's fantastical Podcast?

Post by Arcuivie » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:45 pm

I may have a distorted view on this topic, since just recently I've started from episode one (on twenty six now), and am in a situation where I find myself fitting them in during certain activities, but I figured it'd be something interesting to talk about, especially after seeing how successful it's gotten.

I'll go first.

Commuting to campus doesn't leave myself much slack in terms of time, since parking is so limited. I find myself getting to campus a good hour and a half before my first class, and drive around for a good bit trying to find a parking spot. Usually helps relieve the stress by listening to VegettoEX's "special" humorous personality ;).

So, how do you enjoy the Podcast? On those long drives? With Sam I Am? As you relax at the close of your day? Or even so much as to why? Share!
"Of those who say nothing, few are silent." - Thomas Neill

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:39 pm

I listen to the podcasts while at work, which is where I spend a lot of my time since I work full-time. (On Jersey's crappy, $6.50/hr minimum wage! *slams face into something*) To drown out the singing of my co-worker who can't hold a tune long enough to finish a line, or sing on cue, I listen to Mike, Julian, and Meri, with occasional guests, talking about Dragon Ball.

Then I crack up and people stare at me. :oops:
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:51 am

I don't.

The Mole
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Mole » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:21 am

What I do is just listen to it there and then when I found out it came out. Or, in times like these, I wait for Magica to crap the site back out so I can enjoy the fun stuff fully.
Even I became a loser when I made one of these...
http://www.myspace.com/randomvideosw00t

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:06 am

Only twice have I strayed from my usual schedule of
> check the forum
> check the site
> check the forum
> check God of Chaos' server
> restrain myself from looping back around, for as long as possible.

This usually starts whenever I notice it's Sunday, and 'as long as possible' usually starts at about an hour and quickly desends to 'NOW! DO IT NOW! MUST HAVE MIKE! NEED JULIAN-SENSEI! OMG A GIRL!!'

Uh... yeah. I got a little excited there. How long until the next podcast? *wimper*

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:16 pm

I burn the file to a CD, and listen to it while I'm taking a shower. I always dance to the opening theme tune.

No, seriously.

[size=0]Just kidding.[/size]
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:25 pm

Steven Perry wrote:I burn the file to a CD, and listen to it while I'm taking a shower. I always dance to the opening theme tune.

No, seriously.

[size=0]Just kidding.[/size]
Now, I can't read that tiny text, but I assume it says that [size=0]you even have sex to it. Oh, good God. What made you decide to choose that music, Steven? So degrading... wouldn't you rather have the Sailor Stars theme as make-out music? At least it fits the mood...[/size]

Do not try and enlarge that text.

Anyway... the Podcast is the thing I look forward to on Sundays. I find it the funniest audio show ever. And sometimes it's even informative.

Julian and his sexy enamel DS Lite seize the day every week.

If Mike is looking at this thread, I have this request: give us Tara and Tyler's meows. My cat wants to hear their sexy voices.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:05 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: Do not try and enlarge that text.
Okay.
The Tori-bot wrote: ...you even have sex to it. Oh, good God. What made you decide to choose that music, Steven? So degrading... wouldn't you rather have the Sailor Stars theme as make-out music? At least it fits the mood...
Yeah. That music...hasn't been doing it for me lately. I think I'll try your advice.

Oh, the possibilities! :mrgreen:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:34 pm

I usually listen to them while working on my flash movies :x

MajinMetroid
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MajinMetroid » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:29 pm

I deliver pizza and almost always work Sunday mornings so I normally burn it and listen to it while I cart pizza pies around. Once or twice I've tried taking it in the store, on the slower Sunday mornings... But, alas... Dragonball is too an awesome a topic for the people that work inside. Same with Infected, Martin Sargent's podcast... Podcasts are too awesome for a lot of people to handle.

Funny story (kinda), last Sunday I was on a road trip with my brothers and my mother and I was reading Naruto Vol. 10. The part where Gai is explaining about Rock breaking his chakra barriers and what not. I tried explaining this to my brother saying how it's a lot like going Super Saiyan. Then, I listened to the podcast and busted down when the very same thing was mentioned. It was freaky. I was like "OMG, THEY JUST TALKED ABOUT THE THING I JUST TOLD YOU ABOUT!!!" Everyone was like... "Simmer down, man."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:03 pm

I'm really bad at multitasking, so mostly I just turn off the lights and lay in bed with my ipod. I'm usually 4 hours behind on sleep or something, anyway, so I've fallen asleep in the middle of a podcast before. (Haha, no offense, guys!)

And if I'm feeling particularly energetic, I'll do pushups!

...Yeah, I usually just lay there.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:41 pm

Gah!! Tori-bot, I don't care if you have a cute chibi SSJ3 Bardock icon, that was still uncalled for! :(

And Steven Perry, why'd you enlarge it? :x Ugh!

Rrrah... Lol. This text is small...
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:45 pm

Eh, I usually crank open iTunes on a Saturday (or Sunday if the podcast isn't out yet Saturday) and continue to press the little "Update" icon every now and then.

When a new episode is finally out, I listen to it straight from the computer, then if I like it, I'll put it onto my iPod and make my more-of-a-misfit-than-I-am friend listen to it to avoid those oh so uncomfortable lulls during our carpool from school :?...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:03 pm

I enjoy grabbing it off og God of Chaos' server before it's announced :)

*listening now*

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:08 pm

desirecampbell wrote:I enjoy grabbing it off og God of Chaos' server before it's announced :)

*listening now*
That's what I do, It's wraping up right now though :cry: .

GI_Judd2287
Beyond Newbie

Post by GI_Judd2287 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:34 pm

Well, it's nice to have something like this to listen to once in awhile. But sometimes they come off as kind of condescending. It's also somewhat annoying to hear them call everyone "insert name-san".

Other than that, it's informative and kind of amusing.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:56 pm

veshira wrote:Gah!! Tori-bot, I don't care if you have a cute chibi SSJ3 Bardock icon, that was still uncalled for! :(

And Steven Perry, why'd you enlarge it? :x Ugh!

Rrrah... Lol. This text is small...
Myah. :P

Blame Perry. He started the enlarging virus. :x

GI_Judd2287: Your avatar is about a bajillion times too large. ^^;
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 pm

During the last podcast, I rediscovered those shitty games you can play while you listen to music on the iPod. They don't require much thought, so I can play them and still follow along with Mike, Meri, and Julian.

The result? I'm tired of losing solitaire games.

Brick high score: 679
Parachute high score: 545

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Re: How do YOU enjoy Daizex's fantastical Podcast?

Post by lost in thought » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Arcuivie wrote:I've started from episode one
Oh god, the horror....

[Announcement]

I demand episode 1 to be striken from the books, on account of my suck-tastic performance.

[/Announcement]

You may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:34 pm

My performances were'nt exactly so bright either......but whatever.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]