Video Podcast?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rory
I Live Here

Video Podcast?

Post by Rory » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:49 am

I was thinking while listening to a podcast, when Mike put on his scouter, and Meri said " You might not see it, but he's doin' it "
Maybe after a while you guys could do a video podcast!
If we could see VegettoEX bein' all crazy, and Meri bein' all side-kicky, and Julian bein' all... Julian, that'd be class XD. Obviously not on a regular basis, maybe just a one off.
Any thoughts?

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:47 am

I'd think that that would be a great idea. I guess that it wouldn't take much longer time as recording the sound. But it probably would take a lot of more space on the server.
The best thing would be if the video wasn't cut, to see goofs. "Live" in some kind of way (but still not live, if you get my point).

desirecampbell

Re: Video Podcast?

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:56 am

Rory wrote:VegettoEX bein' all crazy, and Meri bein' all side-kicky, and Julian bein' all... Julian
That's my new signature.

And, uh, I'd like a video podcast too - if only just once.

Kaboom

Re: Video Podcast?

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:17 am

desirecampbell wrote:
Rory wrote:VegettoEX bein' all crazy, and Meri bein' all side-kicky, and Julian bein' all... Julian
That's my new signature.
You've made doing that a habit, haven't you?

Anyhoo, yes. Video podcast would be very entertaining, as well as enlightening, I'm sure. Come to think of it, I have no idea what any of you guys look like (save for Mike, if the weirdo with the scouter in his avvie is him, as I suspect). It would be a nice little one-shot thing. But it would probably be best to save it for some "special episode" sorta deal.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:40 am

Didn't they say something about it being boring because they basically read off a computer screen? Besides its been said that Mike doesn't wear pants during some recordings :shock:
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Gogeta101

Post by Gogeta101 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:27 pm

Having a live podcast..That would be pretty cool. Nothing would satisfy me more to come home and see everybody acting crazy. :)
I am neither Goku nor Vegeta!!
Jump! Friend Code:[b]3479 7919 1171[/b]

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:02 pm

Well, as the podcasters have mentioned time and time again, they aren't really planning for a video podcast, since podcasts are for well... content, not pictures (which the site's for!).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:34 pm

I have absolutely no interest in doing a video podcast. Beyond not having the time to produce something like that (this isn't my day job), Julian's almost always up in New York, so we record him over Skype... and Meri and I just sit here at the computers.

It's not very interesting.

You'd just watch us sit and look at our outlines... *snore*

We'll definitely record a live podcast from time to time (see AnimeNEXT as an example), but that's pretty much it. Personally, I prefer audio shows; I listen to them at work, and that's the same great deal of feedback I hear from a ton of other podcast listeners. I can't sit there and watch IPTV at work when I'm supposed to be... uhh... working :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:40 pm

I don't think so. That'd take up more space, you couldn't put it on a standard iPod, and Mike wouldn't be able to take off his pants.

Let the man take off his pants! Let them stick with the podcasts! :lol:

Plus, Julian's in New York, while Mike and Meri are in New Jersey. You'd have to have two cameras, and you wouldn't get so much the sense that they're together as you would when it's just audio. Yep...
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Kay
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kay » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:19 pm

Downloading a Video Podcast episode can be a problem to dial-up users, too. Waiting for hours just for one episode, and you might have to start all over again if you need to disconnect just for people or you in your home needing to use the phone. And people won't like that.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Way too much work. But I think it would be fun to see a one-minute long video podcast every once in a while, with no editing of any sort.

"I'm here at the con, with Meri, check out this Ryuku plushie I wasted my money on, and my scouter!" as he flashes random objects past a cheap cellphone camera...

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:13 pm

Thats what I meant!
Not on like, a weekly basis! And not really full time.
Just when they've got nothing else to do, as in, no news, and more free time on the podcast... to do.. camera stuff! XD

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:03 pm

Hehehe... no.

Please no, I've downloaded a good 85% of the episodes (I've downloaded all the others elsewhere) on my crappy 28 KBPS connection.

'Cause thats how much I love the podcast. Yay? :?

*Curses my living in the freakin' middle of nowhere.*
[quote="Kunzait_83, on FUNimation's dub of [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i]"]"ACTION!!! EXTREME!!! AMERICAN!!!! PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"[/quote]
On [url=http://twitter.com/joey_blanton]my Twitter[/url], postin' some mad tweets.

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:25 pm

Yeah, I agree with Mike. It would be boring watching them just read outlines and such, also, I feel like I'm listining to a modern day radio show (which either don't really exist or are INCREDIBLY boring)!! Also, for people like me, who can't afford a Video IPod and enjoy listining to the podcats 'On the Run'. Though, it WOULD be cool to see them at ACen 07 for a live podcast... *hint* *hint*
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:36 pm

The podcast are already more then a few hundred megs. each already a video podcast would take FOREVER to download and to be honest.... wouldn't be very interesting.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!