Episode #0051 (12 November 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:58 am

Awesome episode guys. So much better than last week's episode. You have now got me at the edge of my seat awaiting more details, on the special box set releases, as well as the aniversary episode coming out next week.
Special guest ? Sounds great !
I have checked out the high-res video at funimation's dbz site....and the drooling has begun :) .
"Oh dear...."

SaiyanDevilRazz

Post by SaiyanDevilRazz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:34 am

How about goku and trunks Dressing up as fake brides or shou Dressing up as goku

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:09 am

QuantumDestiny wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote: ...and I must admit, I've had DragonBall-themed dreams before. They're kinda dark, though, mostly of myself flying around and beating things up, and stuff like that.
Man you're lucky, I don't remember dreaming anything as cool as that. The only other one I can really remember was from grade 8 and so unbelievable dorky... My Piccolo action figure came to school with me and was actually talking and had animation, and at lunch time he and I had a looong conversation, and I was so smug because he wouldn't talk to anyone but me!! *gets rotten fruit thrown at me for the nerd factor*
Possessed actionfigures! Actually, that sounds very interesting!
If ever cool stuff happens, it's not necessarily common that I am in any way responsible.
QuantumDestiny wrote:
caejones wrote: Wait a second... there was a sorta new episode last night, but it was vague and only interesting because it involved Goten, Trunks, and a secret home hidden in magma... *wonders if it should be added to the canon*.
Oh my god man you're crazy! ...Is it wrong that I actually really want to know what else happened in that dream...?

:wink:
Not much that is alarmingly clear... it actually seemed to start out as the 22nd Budokai with Yamcha Vs Tenshinhan and <Still doesn't know how to spell Chaozu properly> Vs <Knows the spellings of Kuririn but can't decide which to use>... there was then a huge summarization of whatever was supposed to prequel the part I mentioned before (the only thing I remember is Trunks telling Goten "I've grown out of you!" in a "I'm-acting-mature" way...)... and the rest was leading up to something (some plot events...) that I woke up before, so I don't know what exactly was supposed to happen... Much more analyzing must I do!

And there was the time that Freeza and SSJ Goku were randomly fighting behind my grandmother's house... and I had to go do something so I asked Freeza not to continue the attack until I got back... and he agreed...
But that doesn't do anything for the canon dreams storyline! I'm too incoherent and selfcentric! For this I must wander the Earth for three years in an exercise of betterment!

Ah! The Goku Disguise! "You're the only one that has a tail!"
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:26 am

Its weird... I can't remember if I ever had a DragonBall dream and that makes me stick out here. :) My favorite alter ego would have to be Oob's. It was so stupid and obvious at the same time. My favorite moment was when he was beating on Satan. Oob! Have you know conscience?!

-rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:32 pm

caejones wrote:And there was the time that Freeza and SSJ Goku were randomly fighting behind my grandmother's house... and I had to go do something so I asked Freeza not to continue the attack until I got back... and he agreed...
But that doesn't do anything for the canon dreams storyline! I'm too incoherent and selfcentric! For this I must wander the Earth for three years in an exercise of betterment!

Ah! The Goku Disguise! "You're the only one that has a tail!"
This is one of the best things I have ever read. For serious.

Mr.Piccolo wrote:Its weird... I can't remember if I ever had a DragonBall dream and that makes me stick out here. :) My favorite alter ego would have to be Oob's. It was so stupid and obvious at the same time. My favorite moment was when he was beating on Satan. Oob! Have you know conscience?!

-rick
Actually, I don't remember if I've any myself. I'm sure I have, but none come to mind. As for alter-egos, I think you guys left out the best one. Big Green. He's big, he's green, and he's a man of action. Seriously though, Saiyaman is my favorite. I would love a spinoff series, that would be too awesome.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:53 pm

Strangely, I just had a DBZ dream last night probably because I listened to this podcast. I was trying to fly up to the lookout (yes, apparently I could fly) but I just couldn't seem to get there, then finally I got to it...but overshot it. I ran out of energy, couldn't fly, and fell, then I woke up. Weird, huh?

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Wow, talk about good timing. Your anniversary falls at around the same time as FUNi's announcement.

And yeah, I was always disturbed by everyone's "not-in-the-know"-ing about Piccolo Jr. It's like, "Hmm, the grren skin looks familiar, but the turban hiding his his antennae leave me clueless." Of course, what kind of show would it be without the obligatory clueless humans?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:19 am

DaemonCorps wrote:Wow, talk about good timing. Your anniversary falls at around the same time as FUNi's announcement.

And yeah, I was always disturbed by everyone's "not-in-the-know"-ing about Piccolo Jr. It's like, "Hmm, the grren skin looks familiar, but the turban hiding his his antennae leave me clueless." Of course, what kind of show would it be without the obligatory clueless humans?
I think I have to go back to Mike's statement concerning Kaioshin. "When your King is a talking dog, all bets are off." Why would they think it was Piccolo? They know Son Goku killed him. How were they supposed to know? When someone is certain that something isn't there, they don't look for it, y'know?

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:55 am

DaemonCorps wrote:Wow, talk about good timing. Your anniversary falls at around the same time as FUNi's announcement.
FUNi is watching us.....I know it. *Looks at Steven Perry*
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:35 pm

djkalteraphine wrote:Big Green. He's big, he's green, and he's a man of action.
That's my new motto, seriously.

Soft of off topic, but am I the only one who's really dying to know who the special interview is going to be about?

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:47 pm

QuantumDestiny wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote:Big Green. He's big, he's green, and he's a man of action.
That's my new motto, seriously.

Soft of off topic, but am I the only one who's really dying to know who the special interview is going to be about?
I'm pretty sure I know who it'll be, but I'd hate to ruin the surprise.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:50 pm

I've had a DBZ dream but it's not as interesting as my brother's. He said he was in the front yard of our house when Cell appeared trying to absorb Android 17, the wierd part was that when he got 17 he grabbed him and a chainsaw grew out of his chest, he said he couldn't see what happened but that he could hear the chainsaw and that 17 was absorbed. He then said that Cell started appearing everywhere he went, he was even in Target, so he started running but Cell got him and then he woke up. He also said that Cell never said anything, at all.

But yeah, great podcast as usual. Didn't really agree with the Sparking NEO sucks statement but I was pleased with the Bruce Falconer sucks statement.

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:19 pm

Majin Buu wrote: Cell started appearing everywhere he went, he was even in Target, so he started running but Cell got him and then he woke up. He also said that Cell never said anything, at all.
LMAO... I'm sorry but it had to be done!!
XD

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:33 am

Majin Buu wrote:But yeah, great podcast as usual. Didn't really agree with the Sparking NEO sucks statement but I was pleased with the Bruce Falconer sucks statement.
Indeed. Sparking! NEO is the most fun I've had with a DBZ fighting game since Budokai 3. The Tag and Free Battle system add a much needed freshness to the multi-player of the PS2 titles. And the single player has a lot more depth than Super DBZ. Not sayin' I didn't like Super DBZ, but. . I don't think it was worth the 40 bucks. The engine is neat though, so I'm hopin' for a sequel.
desirecampbell wrote:
QuantumDestiny wrote:
I'm pretty sure I know who it'll be, but I'd hate to ruin the surprise.
I have a good idea myself, and if I'm right, I can't wait for that episode. Either way, I'm excited.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:11 pm

I'd like to place my guess on the special guest ahead of time as Steve Simmons. :mrgreen:

Strange dreams...well, I had this one a long time ago that I somehow remember vividly. Super Buu was attacking characters from the show in my sister's room (which in the dream was still its old color; apparently in nearly all my dreams the rooms in my house are in their previous incarnations) but instead of killing them he's just turning them into chocolate. Anyways, for some reason I'm in Goku's pov (the half a foot jump in height isn't as disorienting as I'd think) and my plan of action is to grab Vegeta and run out of there. We're running instead of flying because apparently this way Buu won't be able to sense us as easily. We run from my house in Hamilton all the way to the Trenton Thunder's stadium and try to go downstairs only Buu gets Vegeta first. I'm suddenly beyond enraged, everything goes red, and then it cuts to me in this meat shop where apparently Buu's been chopped into big chunks of pink meat and is on display in the glass meat case. So I guess I beat him.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:58 pm

Majin Buu wrote: But yeah, great podcast as usual. Didn't really agree with the Sparking NEO sucks statement but I was pleased with the Bruce Falconer sucks statement.
Yeah that was a rather nasty statement but then again VegettoEX is the "Great Dictator". :roll: :wink:

Great podcast though! I'm really looking forward to the next installment thus being the 1st Anniversary of the Daizex Podcast. WOOHOO! 8) 8) 8) :shock: :) :D :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I also enjoyed Meri's Top 5 Worst Transformations.... though the 2nd Cell form? Really? Just because he was ugly as sin (and you happened to pick on Funi's voice cast YET again) doesen't mean he's not special.

The Cell dream was strange.... Cell as Hannibal Lecter? Yeah... might work. Still Mike you have serious issues... :roll:

Anyway.... WOOHOO! :o

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:07 am

Chuquita wrote:
Strange dreams...well, I had this one a long time ago that I somehow remember vividly. Super Buu was attacking characters from the show in my sister's room (which in the dream was still its old color; apparently in nearly all my dreams the rooms in my house are in their previous incarnations) but instead of killing them he's just turning them into chocolate. Anyways, for some reason I'm in Goku's pov (the half a foot jump in height isn't as disorienting as I'd think) and my plan of action is to grab Vegeta and run out of there. We're running instead of flying because apparently this way Buu won't be able to sense us as easily. We run from my house in Hamilton all the way to the Trenton Thunder's stadium and try to go downstairs only Buu gets Vegeta first. I'm suddenly beyond enraged, everything goes red, and then it cuts to me in this meat shop where apparently Buu's been chopped into big chunks of pink meat and is on display in the glass meat case. So I guess I beat him.
Buu burgers only $0.99! :D
That was awesome.

I think all of my DBZ dreams have... not involved Cell. I think the only reference there ever was to that era was with an appearance of #18, who had apparently taken to worshipping Vegeta and tried to get Videl to join her cult... And... I suddenly forgot how to fly while in mid air and #18 kept me from falling. Then I flew around and looked at houses. Clearly not as interesting as the rest, but *tries to figure out where it goes on the timeline*
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:04 pm

At the end of the episode, Meri again mentions "Temple O' Guldo." Was she referencing to an old April Fools' gag or something?
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:12 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:At the end of the episode, Meri again mentions "Temple O' Guldo." Was she referencing to an old April Fools' gag or something?
http://www.templeotrunks.com/misc/april_fools/
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:21 pm

HAHAHA! For shame... :roll: I recall seeing that one waaaaaaaay back when. Funny how fast time flies :lol: . I like either the Temple of Gokuo one or the 2005 one is the best.... 8)
Last edited by Maphisto86 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.