Dragon Ball GT Ideas

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Dragon Ball GT Ideas

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:51 pm

How do you think it could have been better?
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball GT Ideas

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:03 pm

My biggest beef with GT is them turning Goku into a child. So if they have to hamper his strength so he's not so over-powered, they need to find a way to do so without altering his age.

-
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:18 pm

What if Pilaf and co. had accidentally wished for Goku to be an old man? They could have finally put Toriyama's drawing of geezer Goku to good use!
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

While I liked GT, I think they should have just put more thought to fleshing out and into their ideas, give more character development, make Pan less angry all the time, perhaps make it so Goku has to learn EVERYTHING from scratch again, make Oob more important, give Vegeta a larger role. Better choreography for the fights...
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

The writing for all of the sagas could have been much better. Have less plot holes, lay off the stupid humor and the stupid comic relief characters. I think Goku should have been turn back into an Adult after Bebi.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Oh, yeah, thanks for reminding me. GT had some real logic issues (more than plot holes I think) shall we say and they needed to better think up ways of villian's strength and such. Like Goku fighting Super #17 at SSJ while the others couldn't and such... :crazy:
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:59 pm

Chuquita wrote:My biggest beef with GT is them turning Goku into a child. So if they have to hamper his strength so he's not so over-powered, they need to find a way to do so without altering his age.

-
Yet he can take handle himself against villains that even SSJ3 Adult Goku couldn't stand a chance against.

Anyways, there are so many things GT could have handled better but for now my main problem with GT is the blatant Goku bias (that and the contrived, juvenile humor). In Z, Goku was always the go-to man but he was never in it alone and in the later arcs were more focused on characters. In GT, he's always hogging the spotlight both in-universe and out-of-universe. He even dismisses Goten and Trunks' support. Even Vegeta's not much safer from this trap.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:23 pm

There is so many ideas that would make Dragon Ball GT better and I suppose the next level of Super Saiyan could be more dramatic than Son Goku's first time going Super Saiyan 3 where the whole Earth shakes from the energy output. In short I want Super Saiyan 4 to be used the right way.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:38 pm

I liked GT quite a lot. Goku going SSJ4 should have turned him back into an adult permanently, other characters should have got a bigger part, Pan should have been more like Goku (like she was in Z). They could have avoided all the villains in space just happening to be super strong by making Goku unable to go Super Saiyan as a child, until he he becomes the great ape - either Trunks didn't go out into space with them or he's been slacking off a lot. Bra should have had a fighting role. Seriously, non-Goku characters do need more attention: Gohan, Gotenks, Vegeta, Oob and Bra all needed some of the action. Maron should have been more of a character, rather than doing absolutely nothing. She didn't have to be in a fighting role, just a role.

Weren't there also some enormous plotholes like Goku saying he was born on Earth?

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:49 pm

The thing with GT is that it seemed to be fanfiction written by some fanboys who weren't even hardcore fanboys but just fans that knew about Dragon Ball Z and watched the anime and were given a job to write another series. There's way too much inconsistencies and just bad writing. I know Toriyama's manga and the original anime had plotholes and wasn't perfect, but c'maaaaan.

So, they say they made Goku a kid again to nerf his power, but why do it when it didn't even work? Goku was pretty much still every bit as strong as an adult when he was a kid, sans Instant Transmission. Also, they couldn't even handle their own writing choices better. Goku couldn't use Teleport properly because he was a kid, yet he can turn into a Super Saiyan without any trouble - he even became SSJ3! Twice!!

I'unno, I love GT, but talking about making it better and fixing it's problems is gonna take some time, lol.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 am

I always thought it'd be interesting to see Mr. Satan slowly learn how to become a fighter like the rest of the humans. Learn to fly, use ki, energy based attacks and what not. Of course, never as powerful but none-the-less I think if the series had centralized on his character more (like Toriyama had suggested) it would have been quite interesting. I also think Uub should have had a completely different role.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:15 am

Goku shouldn't have been in it at all and they should have focused on the other characters.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:02 pm

I like a lot of what GT does have to offer, most of the ideas it has are pretty fun - I even like the Para Para Brothers, who I feel harken back to the Ginyu Force a bit - but where every good idea in GT fails is the execution. I mean, every idea in GT that I just love, ends up getting botched somehow along the way. Oh, Goku's a kid again? That sounds kind of fun for an arc or so - he's that way for the entire series despite there being some easy ways to fix that. Great, we can see some more of Pan and Uub - they're both used pretty improperly.

I'm also not quite as in love with the Baby arc as most people seem to be, though it obviously has the best execution. Idea wise though...I dunno. It started off being about the creations of Dr. Myuu, but then it shifted into a rip-off of the Plan to Destroy All Saiyans, and once Baby started to go on his psychotic ravings, I didn't enjoy it as much (though part of that could be due, in the Japanese version anyway, to his seiyuu switching from a really eerily calm voice to something more generic after a while). Then even my favorite part of GT, the Shadow Dragons - they really didn't handle that arc the best in the world, despite it being one of the most fun ideas in the series. If they had handled that one in a manner that wasn't so 'monster of the week', and maybe had the other main characters splitting up for their own fights against a particular Dragon or something, it would have been a lot more enjoyable.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:31 pm

bleed0range wrote:I always thought it'd be interesting to see Mr. Satan slowly learn how to become a fighter like the rest of the humans. Learn to fly, use ki, energy based attacks and what not. Of course, never as powerful but none-the-less I think if the series had centralized on his character more (like Toriyama had suggested) it would have been quite interesting. I also think Uub should have had a completely different role.
I can get behind this. Maybe have a similar situation to the Saiyan arc where Goku gave Krillin the spirit bomb but this time entrusting it to Satan to get the job done.

I also think Uub should have been a main character as the end of Z hinted that he would have a similar role to that of Gohan at the start of the series. Rather than just handing him his unlocked power so easily it would have been better to show him learning to control it and would of added to the tension of the fights.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:52 pm

I pretty much liked the Space and Bebi arc and there it should've ended, or giving us the later arcs differently.
Goku should've been returned to normal somewhat after Bebi, so he can teleport the people as Earth explodes in his normal state. Super 17 arc never happens and then we go straight to Black Dragons saga, with tossing Pan (or killing her) away.
The warriors split up and each of them fights one dragon, who have some key to defeat him. Vegeta gets SSJ3. After the defeat of other dragons, they fight the 1-star Dragon as usual, who snatch them the Dragon Balls to power up himself.
1-Star Dragon beats everyone, leaving Goku and Vegeta, who are fusing into Gogeta, turning SSJ3 as Gogeta, but that is not enough. They split, Vegeta is beaten, so Goku uses SSJ4 as his last resort, they beam struggle to big explosion, in which Goku flights towards the Dragon and punches him trough like Piccolo..... Goku and Vegeta are going off to fight somewhere in space and Uub is left as defender of Earth, as he is the third strongest warrior after Goku and Vegeta, tadaaa!
That's my version of GT. The second half is really some terrible milking to the bone in the original.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:15 pm

I like ssj4 but in order to have a better story I'd like to have it introduced at a different time, not so early if at all.

I would have liked the idea of Goku saying Rildo was just under Cell's strength and not Majin Buu's. With the plot of going into space and being away from Gohan, Vegeta, Majuub and others, they had the perfect opportunity to use a nerfed goku, pan(who couldn't even go ssj) and a slacked off Trunks to have a hard time going against foes that weren't all stronger than the foes in Z.

Goku being turned back into an adult to beat Bebi instead of being a ssj4 would have been nice and he blutz waves shouldn't have been introduced until later if at all.

Vegeta following Goku into hell, not wanting to be left behind from an adventure to get stronger. Since he was recently beaten by Goku again, and being on earth as he went into space. They then could have fused to get out of hell and beat super 17, sorta of a fused vs fused sort of thing. I would have loved to see Goku and Vegeta yelling like Piccolo and Gotenks trying to get out at first :lol:

Stronger, less silly shadow Dragons, Vegeta finally achieving Ssj3 against a shadow dragon. SSJ3 Goku and Vegeta fightng against shenron and eventually fusing into a ssj3 Gogeta. The fusion wearing off faster, Goku sacrificing himself, using the spirit bomb, passing off the Baton to Vegeta as the strongest one alive to defend the earth and achieving ssj3, and Goku going off with Shenron,"cue back in that GT scene except with adult Goku leaving and Vegeta saying he's going to train alone.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 am

I fu..... hate the Kakarotto child idea. That´s my biggest drawback in GT.

My GT ideas:

First, GT had to be longer.

Send Oob to the space with Pan and co.

More spectacular SSJ4 Kakarotto transformation, even more than when he turned into SSJ3.

I like the Super N 17 caracter and the idea. Kakarotto and the others know about the energy absorb ability ( N 19 and N 20 ), so I can not believe the same mistake. Vegeta achieving SSJ3 against Super N 17 and defeat him.

I like the Shadow Dragons arc but but should be better made, a little more serious, more stronger Dragons. Vegeta, Oob, Gotenks and Kakarotto fighting against all of them. Kakarotto SSJ4 surpass his limits more than beyond due to a huge rage. Omega Shenron fused with the other 6 Dragon defeated by Gogeta and new zenkai powers to them after that. Shenlong gives eternal life to Kakarotto and Vegeta and takes them to a secret place far beyond in the Universe to be the eternal protectors of the Dragon Balls but in sleeping mode. Only huge powers or dark energies would bring the awakening of them.

Don´t know why but I´ve always been attracted to the existence of other super powerful Saiyans ( no Broly or something like that, I mean smarter, elders and intelligent powerfull Saiyans ) that might be somewhere in the Universe seeing everything from the very beginning waiting for the right moment to appear.
Last edited by MDSTSSJ on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:47 am

Have Oob play a bigger role (basically make him the next Cell Arc Gohan). Make it mostly revolve around Pan, Bra, Trunks and Goten as well.

Have Kid Gokuu around until SSJ4.

Have the rest of the cast (Goten, Gohan, Vegeta) not be useless.

(A lot) Less Gokuu whoring.

Keep a better consistency from last story.

Less redundancy in fights.

Basically that's it. Everything else in GT I love, so I'm fine with that.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

astarisborn94

Post by astarisborn94 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:18 am

Super 17 Saga should have never existed. That saga was just awful in every shape and form.

Goku remaining a kid for the entire saga. Honestly, Goku should have returned to his adult form after Baby Saga and I absolutely did not enjoy seeing Goku in his kid form, especially when we already saw that in Dragon Ball.

The "Baby" arc (ugh) as a whole was a wasted potential. A genetically created Tuffle taking revenge on the Saiyan race for what they did to the Tuffle could have made for a great story, but they fell flat big time. Goku does mostly everything (as he does in the other arcs) and leaves the other characters to be mostly unimportant. The villian (who has a terrible name) is very uninspiring and much worse than anything seen in the previous series.

Finally, Dragonball GT is notorious for coming up with good concepts but messing up the execution. The Shadow Star Dragon Balls, the seven Dragons that came out of it, the consequences of overusing Dragon Balls; all of them good concepts. Its a shame that they turned out poorly.

Basically, remove Super 17 Saga, Goku should have never been a kid, have good concepts with adequate execution, especially Baby.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 am

I really would have liked to see adolescent Gotenks.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme