SS Wariors 2 (English) slated for November 28th

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

SS Wariors 2 (English) slated for November 28th

Post by Dayspring » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:22 am

I don't remember seeing an English release date being spoken about anywhere on the boards yet, but after reading a Spiderman comic (House of M #5), I came across an advert in it for Supersonic Warriors 2. It's release date is supposed to be November 28th.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:34 pm

Scanned from the Gamestop Holiday Game Guide
Use the DS touch screen and double-monitor system to bring the intensity of Dragon Ball Z battles to life as Goku fights through and all-new challende in the portable realm.
I never played the Super Sonic Warrior game. Is it worth it?

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:47 pm

Magica wrote:Image
Use the DS touch screen and double-monitor system to bring the intensity of Dragon Ball Z battles to life as Goku fights through and all-new challende in the portable realm.
Believe it or not, it's actually quite good, and if you can find a good price, it's worth picking up (I just say that because I'm cheap and never really pay full price for anything).

Anywho, I'm going to be getting it for Christmas, unless it gets crappy reviews.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:18 pm

Hell yeah! The original kicked ass! I'm actually looking forward to this one more than I am Tenkaichi! The what-if? storylines are probably the best of any DBZ game so far.

:wink: Thanks for the info, Dayspring!
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:39 pm

I'm really looking forward to it. Unlike SSW1, this version will have Teen Gohan in his base and Super Saiyan forms instead of just Super Saiyan 2, aswell as Gotenks in his base form instead of just Super Saiyan 3, Cell in his second form.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:46 pm

Magica wrote:Image
Brolli looks like he has a hairy chest. :P
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:17 pm

Mmm. Brolli has freezer burn.

As far as the release date goes, every online retailer I've checked has the U.S. release dated as November 21st. Either way, it seems we're getting it before the JP release (December 1st). I'd rather have it sooner than later.. but I can't wait either way.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:40 am

A little off-topic, but...

Is that an "E10" rating? What is that? Another rating? This is ridiculous. Was it supposed to be an "E" but they found hidden sex mini-games?

Anyway, I wish I had a DS, or an SP, and a GB advance, or a GB colour, or a GB pocket. Sigh, only my hefty gray original gameboy :(

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:55 am

Maybe Broly fused with Hercule? We all know Goku's Budokai 2 merging with him gave chest hair as a result.
desirecampbell wrote:A little off-topic, but...

Is that an "E10" rating? What is that? Another rating? This is ridiculous. Was it supposed to be an "E" but they found hidden sex mini-games?

Anyway, I wish I had a DS, or an SP, and a GB advance, or a GB colour, or a GB pocket. Sigh, only my hefty gray original gameboy :(
There's always a good old Visual Boy Advance emulator, PM me if you want one. It plays regular Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance games. I love it to death.
14 years later

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:42 am

desirecampbell wrote:A little off-topic, but...

Trade it in. If it works, you'll get a lot for vintage sake. The GB pocket is simply a smaller GB, the GB colour is a GB pocket that plays games in colour, so it's cross compatible with the older games, and the GBA is compatible with all GBA/GB colour/GB games. The SP is simply a sleeker GBA to make more money, and the DS is an evil non-cross compatible system. So the only problem is obtaining SSW2. A problem I also have.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:15 pm

I don't want to get a DS for that very reason - backwards compatibility is the backbone of the gameboy dynasty.

I used to have a GB Colour and DragonWarrior 3 (best RPG ever), and loved it so much I lost it :( I still have the cartrige... somewhere. My hero was super-tough too. :cry:

And I don't think I could part with ol' greeny, too many memories.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:24 pm

Dayspring wrote:The SP is simply a sleeker GBA to make more money, and the DS is an evil non-cross compatible system. So the only problem is obtaining SSW2. A problem I also have.
Don't forget, the SP is back-lit for your pleasure.

In all seriousness, I would literally have gone mad if Nintendo hadn't released the SP, because of constant light source issues. The SP has made playing my GB/GBA/GBC games considerably easier for the inclusion of such a necessity, and have firmly placed itself in my pocket every time I leave my place as a result.
DesireCampbell wrote:And I don't think I could part with ol' greeny, too many memories.
Well then you shouldn't sell it, because if you had, I can guarantee the most you would get for it is $10.00 [I've shopped around prices, because my mother wanted me to sell the GB unit I got my little brother, and get him a GBA, and $10.00 is all anyone would give for it.]
Either way, $10.00 isn't compensation for history, and memories within a game unit. I have a GameBoy Pocket that survived being dropped, my taking a screw driver to its screen, and a car fire, and it still plays as good as new to this day, and I have no intention of selling it. Gotta hold onto those memories.

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:49 pm

desirecampbell wrote: And I don't think I could part with ol' greeny, too many memories.
Yeah, don't worry about parting with it. It's doubtful you'll get much for the trade-in, and life is tons of fun when you have the original Game Boy.

I would honestly say DS is your best bet. This means the only games you wouldn't be able to play are the games that require Game Boy Color hardware (transparent cartridges). Since GBCs are a lot cheaper than GBAs (I've found them for as low as 10 dollars), you can pick up one of those when you have the spare cash.

But really, you're not missing out on much if you don't get a GBC...here's the list of GBC only games (I bolded the title if it was an interesting game):

10 Pin Bowling
All Star Baseball 2000
Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.
Army Men
BattleTanx
Billy Bob's Huntin' and Fishin'
Bionic Commando: Elite Forces
Boarder Zone
Bomberman Max: Blue Champion
Bomberman Max: Red Challenger
Caesar's Palace 2
Carmageddon
Catwoman
Catz
Deer Hunter
Deja Vu 1+2: The Casebooks of Ace Harding
Disney's Tarzan
Dogz
Donkey Kong Country (There's an infinitely superior GBA version)
ECW Hardcore Revolution
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000
Ken Griffey Junior Slugfest
Klax (2)
Knockout Kings 2000
Lucky Luke
Magical Tetris Challenge (This is a really good Tetris title, but so is Tetris DX and the original Game Boy title you probably already own)
Mario Golf
Mask of Zorro
Metal Gear Solid
Mickey's Racing Adventure (The console version is much better)
Micro Machines 1+2: Twin Turbo
Millenium Winter Sports
Mission Impossible
Mr. Nutz
Muppets
NASCAR Challenge
NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC
Paperboy (2)
Perfect Dark
Polaris Snocross
Pong: The Next Level
Pro Darts
Rainbow Six
Rampage 2: Universal Tour
Rampart (2)
Rayman
Rugrats: Totally Angelica
Spawn
Spy vs. Spy (2)
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer
Street Fighter Alpha (Street Fighter Alpha 3 for GBA will fill this void)
Super Mario Bros Deluxe (You can try to replace this with the "Classic Series" version, but it's not nearly as cool).
Tomb Raider
Top Gear Rally
Top Gear Pocket 2
Triple Play 2001
Toobin'
Turok: Rage Wars
Vegas Games
V-Rally
Warioland 3
Winnie the Pooh: Adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood
Worms: Armageddon (If you need portable Worms, there's a great GBA version of World Party and a fabulous DS title on the way).
Zebco Fishing!

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:09 pm

Mugenmidget, you forget DBZ Super Legendary Warriors was released for the GBC, now that was a truly awesome game considering what mini-platform it was being released on. It covered the entire DBZ story from Raditz to Kid Buu, combined RPG-traveling elements with "card combat" that was famously used in the old NES games, though now significantly improved. Errr, getting off topic, sorry. ^_^';;
14 years later

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:35 pm

Is that an "E10" rating? What is that?
I think it was first put on "Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat", It's utterly pointless though, like the "K-A" rating that got dropped back in...97? Anywho, it's just a cross between "E" and "T".
WTF? You include a Rugrats game? Wheres Poke'mon Crystal? Where?

Eh, inflamed Pocket Monster fanboyism.

Oh, and to stay on the topic of Dragonball. Dragons cool crazy ball fun with game.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:14 pm

Hao_Kaiser wrote:
Is that an "E10" rating? What is that?
I think it was first put on "Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat", It's utterly pointless though, like the "K-A" rating that got dropped back in...97? Anywho, it's just a cross between "E" and "T".
Hao_Kaiser wrote:
WTF? You include a Rugrats game? Wheres Poke'mon Crystal? Where?
He also forgot DragonWarrior 3 redux, (arguably) the best RPG ever made. And character and monster designs were done by Toriyama, how did he miss that?
Hao_Kaiser wrote: Eh, inflamed Pocket Monster fanboyism.
Pokemon is a sweet game, I had 150, then I lost my game.
Hao_Kaiser wrote: Oh, and to stay on the topic of Dragonball. Dragons cool crazy ball fun with game.
Er, yeah - back to Super Sonic Warriors 2... sadly, I can only say I really want this game, but will probably never get it :(

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:45 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Mugenmidget, you forget DBZ Super Legendary Warriors was released for the GBC, now that was a truly awesome game considering what mini-platform it was being released on. It covered the entire DBZ story from Raditz to Kid Buu, combined RPG-traveling elements with "card combat" that was famously used in the old NES games, though now significantly improved. Errr, getting off topic, sorry. ^_^';;
Yeah...seems like I missed a rather significant title (I even own it oddly enough).

Oh and the Dragon Warrior 3 remake.

Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mirai Trunks´s Nr. 1 fan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:32 pm

Although this is kind of offtopic; how was SS Warriors 1? I´m thinking about getting it too.
^I´m with stupid^

How to keep a blonde occupied, see below.
How to keep a blonde occupied, see above.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:20 pm

SuperSonic Warriors 1 was a really fun game, especially if you had a friend with the game and the gamelink cable. My friend cursed me everytime I played Freeza because he knew I'd destroy the planet and avoid him until the countdown ran out.

On that Gameboy Color list you also missed mentioning MegaMan X2 and Zelda Oracle of Ages and Zelda Oracle of Seasons.

I got SuperSonic Warriors 2 today at work. I'll come back and post when I get home to my DS to try it out.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:10 pm

SSW is a really awesome GBA fighting game. My favorite character in SSW was Piccolo, his storyline was awesome, and so was Freeza's. What characters have been confirmed for SSW2 as of now?
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.