"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Skar
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Skar » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:39 am

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:20 am You guys, i thing it's time for Toyotarou too retire from working on DB, as we all now he has worked very hard and has given us great stories so he deserves it, now it's time to step out of Toriyamas shadow and create his own original series so he can finale become one of the greatest mangaka that we all know he is and surpasse his mentor......(PLEASE DO IT TOYO, I WILL PAY YOU FOR EVERY PANEL YOU MAKE AND BUY EVERY VOLUME PLEASE!!).
I know this is meant to be snarky comment but I imagine someone would run out of money if they had to pay the creators to work on something else every time they didn't like a series instead of the simpler approach of just not watching/reading that series anymore :P.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:20 am

I just want too support Toyotarou so he can show the world that he don't need established characters and lore too be relevant. I mean, he is a good writer right?, so let's see how he does with a original story from his own head. You're just a hater that don't want him too succeed on his own :thumbdown:.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:11 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:20 amI just want too support Toyotarou so he can show the world that he don't need established characters and lore too be relevant. I mean, he is a good writer right?, so let's see how he does with a original story from his own head. You're just a hater that don't want him too succeed on his own :thumbdown:.
I would give his new manga a chance but would quit reading if I didn't like it after a few chapters. I can't really relate to being to read this much of a story while hating most of it.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:07 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:20 am (PLEASE DO IT TOYO, I WILL PAY YOU FOR EVERY PANEL YOU MAKE AND BUY EVERY VOLUME PLEASE!!).
By purchasing every volume, you are technically already paying for every panel.

Toyotaro is a very lucky doujinshi artist, but I suspect he can't do good enough moving away from Toriyama imagery/style. There's a reason he's drawing the promotional manga of *another* product, and not in charge of the whole project.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:27 am

Since chapter #99 is coming in a few days, is there any sign that we will get an official announcement of a new story arc? Or the plan is ending the manga in chapter #100? The way chapter #99 is being set-up suggests “Super Hero arc” ends next month.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:02 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:27 am Since chapter #99 is coming in a few days, is there any sign that we will get an official announcement of a new story arc? Or the plan is ending the manga in chapter #100? The way chapter #99 is being set-up suggests “Super Hero arc” ends next month.
Nothing points at the manga ending. We'll probably get a new arc announcement at Jump Festa.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:42 pm

Nothing points at it ending, but nothing likewise points at it continuing. Nothing points at anything. We literally have no idea whatsoever, and are in no position to make any kind of guess (educated or otherwise).

The only things we can point to are the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc being announced literally as it began in the manga midway through chapter 42, and the Granolla arc was also only just barely announced right before it started with chapter 67 (though there was a minor interview tease two months prior to that). That brings us to the Super Hero arc, which was announced a month before it began (with the series having been on hiatus for a few months prior to that, making it unique compared to the others).

They all do have a November/December timeframe in common, however... which is... something?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:56 pm

I thought I was the only one who noticed that pattern, but after VegettoEX said it too I believe I can't be wrong
Also, do you guys remember that the ToP ended and Moro started both in the same chapter? This could be what is going to happen to the end of the Super Hero saga and the next Saga, I think this month's chapter is going to end in Gohan Beast's first appearance, then the December's one will start with his battle against Cell Max and the arc's end, and then.....:0?
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:06 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:19 pm I saw some people saying that Victory Uchida confirmed in an interview for Bandai Spirits that the series will continue for a long time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk0mSQxYhKI
If the subtitles are right, at minute 21:20 Uchida says he's looking forward to chapter 100 and something unexpected will happen.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:27 am

Also: Chapter 100 will be the last one in Vol. 23 and (probably) released in April.
Meaning that having a new story in the volume would definitely help the sales and promotion of a (possible) new arc.
So far, no DBS arc ended being the last chapter of a volume.
Likely the second half of Chapter 100 could have something new, but we'll see.

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:44 am

When it comes to the question of "Will the Super manga just end here", I feel like if they were just going to stop the manga, then why even do Super Hero? Like, the final arc ends up being one where Goku and Vegeta barely even appear? After the arc before ended with their arch nemesis coming in and being all "By the way I have become infinitely more powerful than you so have fun with that"? Doesn't seem very sensible. It's honestly not impossible that the next chapter will be pretty much entirely dedicated to Super Hero wrapup (while the movie's epilogue was really short, it would not seem out of line for the manga to expand upon it given how much longer this story has been being told in this format), but... Surely there will be something else after it.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:56 pm

Vegard Aune wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:44 am Surely there will be something else after it.
What is the reason behind this reasoning? Do you have access to something pointing to that? Or this is purely a deduction from unfinished plot points?

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:14 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:56 pm
Vegard Aune wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:44 am Surely there will be something else after it.
What is the reason behind this reasoning? Do you have access to something pointing to that? Or this is purely a deduction from unfinished plot points?
My reasoning was... literally the preceding sentences. Also this. No I don't have some sort of behind-the-scenes knowledge telling me that there will definitely be more Dragon Ball Super manga, it's literally just me looking at the product we have right now and thinking "It would not make sense for it to just end next month." Maybe if it was performing absolutely terribly, but from what I've seen of sales numbers posted in this very topic, it appears to still be selling well. And since it appears to still be selling, and there are still a bunch of things that have been set up that have gotten no resolution as of yet... Yeah I'd be very surprised if the next chapter just wraps up Super Hero and then goes "THE END".

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:25 pm

I’m not really doubting that Freeza is a good reason to continue the series, but I’m not seeing how this automatically constitutes enough reason to claim there will be definitely a continuation. I was actually looking for something concrete, thanks for helping out.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:26 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:25 pm I’m not really doubting that Freeza is a good reason to continue the series, but I’m not seeing how this automatically constitutes enough reason to claim there will be definitely a continuation. I was actually looking for something concrete, thanks for helping out.
"The Dragon Ball Super (DBS) series will continue for a long time". Those are the words of the editor himself of the Manga Dragon Ball Super, Mr Victory Uchida.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:44 pm

sangofe wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:26 am
Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:25 pm I’m not really doubting that Freeza is a good reason to continue the series, but I’m not seeing how this automatically constitutes enough reason to claim there will be definitely a continuation. I was actually looking for something concrete, thanks for helping out.
"The Dragon Ball Super (DBS) series will continue for a long time". Those are the words of the editor himself of the Manga Dragon Ball Super, Mr Victory Uchida.
I would appreciate a little context to that. For “long time” from which point? What exactly “long time” is supposed to mean? Months, years etc.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:47 pm

That's good to hear/read. Dragonball always carried the manga/anime industry for me. Everything else sucks.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:27 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:44 pm
I would appreciate a little context to that. For “long time” from which point? What exactly “long time” is supposed to mean? Months, years etc.
Why don't you ask him yourself lol?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:48 am

sangofe wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:27 am
Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:44 pm
Why don't you ask him yourself lol?
You didn’t provide any context to what you said. When Uchida said that, for example? Which interview? Link? Anything. I’m not obligated to know what you are talking about.