Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Back then, I think there was a TV channel in Japan called Akita TV which aired DragonBall Z Kai with different Kikuchi soundtracks. I remember having seen a video on YouTube with the Z-Fighters Vs the Cell Juniors and this track from Movie 1 was playing in the background. Does anyone have any clips from this TV version with the alternative soundtracks?

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:14 pm

I remember seeing short clips of Toonzai using alternate Kikuchi music on Kai scenes than the ones used officially and I loved it. Too bad it was just temporary and the final version was an annoying, repetitive sack of shit background score.

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:I remember seeing short clips of Toonzai using alternate Kikuchi music on Kai scenes than the ones used officially and I loved it. Too bad it was just temporary and the final version was an annoying, repetitive sack of shit background score.
Yeah, I remember these ones too. Vegeta finds out that Gohan and Krillin have taken the DragonBalls from him and sees Porunga for the 1st time while a track from Movie 12 plays in the background.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:55 am

TheRed259 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:I remember seeing short clips of Toonzai using alternate Kikuchi music on Kai scenes than the ones used officially and I loved it. Too bad it was just temporary and the final version was an annoying, repetitive sack of shit background score.
Yeah, I remember these ones too. Vegeta finds out that Gohan and Krillin have taken the DragonBalls from him and sees Porunga for the 1st time while a track from Movie 12 plays in the background.
That's exactly it! Do you have a link to that video? Would love to watch it again.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:54 am

Tried searching, searching and searching but couldn't find the video. Should have saved it, bummer.

Anyone has it to reupload?

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:26 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Do you have a link to that video?
No, I don't.


User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:09 pm
I finally found the video I was talking about!
https://twitter.com/nappasan/status/1082272944573665281
This is indeed very interesting and a piece of history about Dragon Ball Kai's music change from 'Temporary Kikuchi' to 'Permanent Kikuchi'. If there's any others, TheRed259, please post them. :)

Thanks.

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 pm
TheRed259 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:09 pm
I finally found the video I was talking about!
https://twitter.com/nappasan/status/1082272944573665281
This is indeed very interesting and a piece of history about Dragon Ball Kai's music change from 'Temporary Kikuchi' to 'Permanent Kikuchi'. If there's any others, TheRed259, please post them. :)

Thanks.
You will find some other videos in the replies of this tweet. Don't know if there are other clips online though. Maybe that Japanese fan on Twitter has more, don't know.

User avatar
SpiritBombTriumphant
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Akita TV broadcasts with different Kikuchi music

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:14 am

What the fuck? Why didn't they go with the "temporary Kikuchi" placement? It's so much better!

Toei never fails to let me down even more than they already have. First Boo kai's existence (and green tint), then Super's terrible art and animation for eps. 001-028, then Broly's green tint in the Funimation release... Now this.
alakazam^ wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:24 pm
Shiyonasan wrote:Just when you thought there couldn't be anymore Yamamoto rip offs...
At this point, I think it's safe to say everything he did was plagiarized. Basically, if you hear a tune that sounds like it could have vocals, then it most likely did.

Post Reply