Best Villain Moment

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SS Kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by SS Kakarot » Tue May 02, 2006 9:51 am

In my opinion: The final battle against Garlic Jr. in episode 101 (Dub). :)
My Cels:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com

Nekoni
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nekoni » Tue May 02, 2006 10:03 am

When Goku and Vegeta first fought; Vegeta always struck me more as insane and desperate than badass =P

I like Buu's moment, when he killed all the earthlings so casually and quickly... that was pretty awesome.
http://nekoni.deviantart.com Your friendly neighbourhood artist.

Dadadimus

Post by Dadadimus » Tue May 02, 2006 2:20 pm

Well yea the part with Buu against Gohan was really good for a villian moment! But don't forget when Cell became his Perfect Form and the helpless Vegeta!

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Wed May 03, 2006 1:27 am

Two moments I can think of that were pretty badass.

Piccolo when powering up to finish off Raditz, something to the effect of:

"So you plan to die too, eh Goku? Don't expect me to try and talk you out of it, this is perfect for me. With the two of you out of the way, there will be no one to stop me from taking over the earth!"

That devious grin is what gets me everytime on that one. Anyone who only saw Z thinks he is just bad, but people who watched DB first realize that at that point he's had Goku spare his life at the tournament and now he is getting his revenge, even if he latre regrets it, it was still as badass villan moment for Piccolo.

I have a similar moment for Vegeta (When preparing to face Android 19):

"Nobody kills Kakkarot while I'm around, fate has saved that pleasure for me. Now tell me, do machines experience fear?"

I remember him kicking Goku to the side and Piccolo catches him. Vegeta saved Goku's life there, but he had to make sure they didn't think that it was for any reason other than having a shot to kill Goku himself.

Cold blooded to the core there. He was on the path to becoming a better person, but his drive to fight and be better than Goku was still the overriding factor in hsi life then.

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Tue May 09, 2006 2:14 pm

Bura wrote:
veshira wrote:Super Buu blowing himself up, ending the first round of his fight with Gohan. In the manga, it's not so bad, but in the anime, he's freaking scary! :shock:

I don't like Super Buu in that form. :oops:
I gotta agree with that one! He really did look scary and insane!

ImageImage
I agree as well. That's the best villain moment in all of Dragon Ball Z. The look on Buu's face is priceless.

Another great moment was when Vegeta killed Nappa, then licked his lips after. Some sick s**t right there my friend.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 09, 2006 3:15 pm

When 'Majin' Vegeta blows up the Budokai arena, and then tilts his head to the side - freaks the shit out of me.

Every time.

You can't watch him do that without cringing. Absolutly evil.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue May 09, 2006 5:00 pm

desirecampbell wrote:When 'Majin' Vegeta blows up the Budokai arena, and then tilts his head to the side - freaks the shit out of me.

Every time.

You can't watch him do that without cringing. Absolutly evil.
This shot?

Vegeta: "Muwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

EDIT: I agree, by the way.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 09, 2006 5:49 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote: This shot?

-snip-

Yeah, but it's not as creepy if you don't see him move that way. It's just not the way a person moves. It seems inhuman.

Ooo. Just thinking about it freaks me out.

Cyberman
Not-So-Newbie
Location: Ascending Super Saiyan in the Room of Spirit and Time

Post by Cyberman » Tue May 09, 2006 6:30 pm

desirecampbell wrote:When 'Majin' Vegeta blows up the Budokai arena, and then tilts his head to the side - freaks the shit out of me.
Running through my brother's fansubs(he has a ton) I wanted to see this in Japanese. Sure enough, it was awesome. Much better than in English, despite being a fan of some of the English aspects. No voices or music. He just shoots it and tilts his head with that huge grin. And he does it all slo-mo.

Damn, someone should make an animated picture of this scene.

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Tue May 09, 2006 6:32 pm

Cyberman wrote:
Running through my brother's fansubs(he has a ton) I wanted to see this in Japanese. Sure enough, it was awesome. Much better than in English, despite being a fan of some of the English aspects. No voices or music. He just shoots it and tilts his head with that huge grin. And he does it all slo-mo.
The people screaming and crying in the background was a nice touch as well.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue May 09, 2006 6:48 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Yeah, but it's not as creepy if you don't see him move that way. It's just not the way a person moves. It seems inhuman.

Oh, great. Now I have to make a .gif of it. Thanx a lot.

My mission to creep out Desirecampbell will be accomplished!
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue May 09, 2006 8:25 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote: This shot?

-snip-

Yeah, but it's not as creepy if you don't see him move that way. It's just not the way a person moves. It seems inhuman.

I'd have to agree with you there. When I first saw that, I'd seemed like Vegeta just went back to his old evil self again & that's always awesome.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu May 11, 2006 10:02 pm

It's filler but a great villain moment is during the King Piccolo saga when Suno sees King Piccolo kill a guard, pick up his gun and aim for his head, but then lowers it and is freked out when he blasts the guard again for good measure. It shows a great feeling of helplessness.