The official website for the upcoming film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods has announced midnight showings on the night of 29–30 March 2013 in both Osaka and Fukuoka. Additionally, each location will show another five Dragon Ball Z movies from the past (using their original 35 mm film prints), though each location will have a different line-up.
Umeda Burg 7 in Osaka will open its doors at 11:30 p.m. on the 29th and start the new movie at midnight. The following older movies will screen afterward:
- DBZ Movie 1 – “Dragon Ball Z” (1989)
- DBZ Movie 2 – “The World’s Strongest Guy” (1990)
- DBZ Movie 4 – “Super Saiyan Son Goku” (1991)
- DBZ Movie 11 – “Super-Warrior Defeat!! I’m the One Who’ll Win” (1994)
- DBZ Movie 13 – “Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Goku Doesn’t Do It, Who Will?” (1995)
T-Joy Hakata in Fukuoka will open at 11:00 p.m. and will start Battle of Gods at 11:30 p.m. The following older movies will then be shown:
- DBZ Movie 3 – “A Super Decisive Battle for Earth” (1990)
- DBZ Movie 5 – “The Incredible Strongest vs Strongest” (1991)
- DBZ Movie 6 – “Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors” (1992)
- DBZ Movie 9 – “The Galaxy at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy” (1993)
- DBZ Movie 12 – “The Rebirth of Fusion!! Goku and Vegeta” (1995)
Due to youth ordinances in both cities, ticket holders must be 18 years of age or older. The price at both venues will be ¥2,800, and no discounts will be accepted. However, holders of pre-release tickets will be able to use them for an extra ¥1,000 (for a total of ¥2,300, or ¥500 off the regular price for the event). Tickets have been available since this past Tuesday (the 12th) online via KINEZO Express or at the theater ticket counter, and will go on sale via KINEZO NOW starting on Wednesday, 27 March. Using the KINEZO service, credit is the only form of payment that may be used prior to two days before the event, but cash will also be accepted from that point onward.
Both Osaka and Fukuoka will also be receiving double-features of two earlier Dragon Ball films each on 20 March 2013, while that same day Tokyo will get a special preview screening of Battle of Gods along with five extra films afterward.
Thanks to DragonBoxZTheMovies for the tip.