Kanzenshuu – The Podcast
Your one and only Dragon Ball podcast!
Subscribe & Discuss
Each episode, the Kanzenshuu staff discuss the latest news in the world of Dragon Ball from across the globe before heading into a core topic — whether it be an in-depth discussion of the way in which the story and franchise was produced, theories for in-universe scenarios and “What If?” scenes, interviews with those actually involved with the franchise, thorough reviews of video games or home video releases, we have you covered! We wrap things up with the month’s upcoming releases, questions from the listeners, and much more! We regularly have contests, broadcast live (watch our Twitter and Facebook!), and have a great time sharing our love of the Dragon Ball franchise with you all each and every week.
Podcast Episode #0388 — 23 September 2015
With Dragon Ball taking inspiration from Journey to the West so early on (see the article in our “DB30YEARS” anniversary magazine for more information!), it should be no surprise to hear that many names in the series are Chinese in origin. From Son Goku to Shenlong to Chiaotzu and beyond, tune in for a crash course in transliteration and adapting names between three entirely separate languages!
Episode #0388! VegettoEX and Herms detail the Chinese name origins for many Dragon Ball characters, along with how to best represent their names with our English language alphabet. Who is this “Jiaozi” character and why would it be somewhat ridiculous to write the dragon’s name as “Shenron”…? Tune in for a crash course in language adaptations!
- NEWS: “Chōzetsu ☆ Dynamic!” (“Dragon Ball Super” OP) CD Single Cover Art
- NEWS: Animage Magazine Unveils “Dragon Ball Super” September Schedule
- NEWS: Second “Dragon Ball Super” Ending Theme Song Announced
- NEWS: FUNimation “Resurrection ‘F'” Home Release Coming October 20
- NEWS: “Extreme Butōden” (3DS) Japanese 10th Week Sales Figures
Podcast Episode #0387 — 11 August 2015
After two premiere events in Los Angeles and what felt like an impromptu premiere event in New York City, FUNimation has finally unleashed the 2015 Dragon Ball Z film, Resurrection ‘F’ (Fukkatsu no “F” or Revival of “F”) upon their North American audience. The film is wrapping up its short theatrical release, so tune in for our take on the New York red carpet event, the film itself, and its English dub!
Episode #0387! VegettoEX, Meri, and Hujio discuss FUNimation’s English dub release of the 2015 theatrical film, “Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F'”. Coming from their work on “Dragon Ball Z Kai” and “Battle of Gods”, does the new movie’s dub hold itself to the same level? A brief appearance from Chris Sabat also provides some insight on the voice casting and script!
- NEWS: Free “Extreme Butoden” Demo Hits EU & NA Nintendo 3DS August 6
- NEWS: Saikyō Jump Unveils “Dragon Ball Super” August Schedule
- NEWS: “J-Stars Victory Vs.+” July 2015 PlayStation Network Top Sellers
- REVIEW: “Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F'” (English Theatrical Run)
- GUIDE: “Revival of ‘F'”
- CONTENT: New “Pre-Dragon Ball” Interviews: 1980 “Pafu” & “Monthly Starlog”
Podcast Episode #0386 — 03 August 2015
It’s time for a little out-of-universe discussion about in-universe topics! This week on the show we reflect upon the “Strength Checker“… which isn’t even a proper section of our website (it’s just a forum thread), yet somehow has risen through the ranks as one of our highest-linked resources.
Episode #0386! VegettoEX and Herms discuss the “Strength Checker”, a forum thread dedicated to cataloging each and every manga statement relating to the strength or power of any given character. What purpose does such a reference serve, and what can we learn about our fandom from this?
- NEWS: “Hello Hello Hello” Full Length Music Video Released
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Online Functionality: Not Going Down Yet
- NEWS: Amazon Lists Manga UK “Resurrection ‘F'” Release For October 2015
- “Strength Checker” Forum Posts
Podcast Episode #0385 — 21 July 2015
With Dragon Ball Super taking a week off for Toei’s special 27-hour programming event, we took the opportunity to spotlight one fan’s dedication and creativity: the “Daily Dragon Ball” project by Joey Weiser.
Episode #0385! VegettoEX interviews Joey Weiser, professional illustrator and longtime fan responsible for the “Daily Dragon Ball” project. By forcing a daily project upon yourself, what can you learn about Akira Toriyama’s art style and work ethic? Tune in for the interview, Bandai’s latest video game news (including an innovative NFC card battle game), and more!
- “Dragon Ball Super” Episode Guide
- NEWS: Bandai Announces “IC Carddass Dragon Ball” Trading Card Game
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle” (Mobile) English Version Released
- NEWS: “Hello Hello Hello” (“Dragon Ball Super” ED1) CD Single Details
- Daily Dragon Ball @ Tumblr
- Joey Weiser’s Official Website
- Joey Weiser’s Official Twitter
Podcast Episode #0384 — 13 July 2015
It’s here! The first two episodes of Dragon Ball Super have aired in Japan, and so it’s time for the Kanzenshuu staff to dive in.
Episode #0384! VegettoEX, Hujio, and Herms discuss the first two episodes of the new “Dragon Ball Super” TV series! Original manga author Akira Toriyama lends his guiding hand to a new story, but are we also heading into a retread of other, more recent new material? Our thoughts, our analysis, your questions… it’s a super exciting time to jump into a new era!
Podcast Episode #0383 — 29 June 2015
We are less than a week away from Dragon Ball Super…! Even with the various new productions over the last decade, nothing comes close to fandom’s excitement over this new TV series. Whereas with a movie we know everything about it within an hour or two of watching it, with a TV series it’s a week-to-week guessing game. What will happen next?! This is our last episode before the new series begins, and our hype cannot possibly be contained!
Episode #0383! VegettoEX and Hujio discuss “Dragon Ball Super” as we sit less than a week out from its debut. Where in the timeline will it take place, and how will this new story affect the other recent productions? Will “Battle of Gods” still “happen” in the overall story? Tons of news and thoughts from you wrap up the show!
- NEWS: “Extreme Butōden” Coming to Europe & America October 2015
- NEWS: “Zenkai Battle Royale” Game Receiving New “Zenkai Battle” Update
- NEWS: “Zenkai Battle” Receiving New Team Rematch Option
- NEWS: FUNimation Debuts “Resurrection ‘F'” Official English Trailer
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Super: Super Start Guide” Cover Revealed
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Super” Twitter Countdown: 10 Days
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Super” First Episode Details in Weekly Jump
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Super” Twitter Countdown: 6 Days
- NEWS: New Fuji TV “Dragon Ball Super” Website Posts 30-Second Preview
Podcast Episode #0382 — 22 June 2015
It is the calm before the storm: though we received the name of a new character coming our way in Dragon Ball Super, the news has otherwise been relatively light. This last week was a perfect opportunity to dive in to Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden on the Japanese Nintendo 3DS. Come for the news, stay for the game review!
Episode #0382! VegettoEX and Herms discuss the reveal of “Champa” for “Dragon Ball Super” before diving in to early impressions of “Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden” for the Japanese Nintendo 3DS. While the new game invokes the old Super Famicom series, does it live up to the pedigree set by both the old games as well as 2011’s “Ultimate Butoden” on the original Nintendo DS? Did Arc System Works deliver a technical masterpiece, or just phone it in on the portable space?
- Manga Guide Addition: “Dragon Ball Super” Adaptation
- NEWS: New “Dragon Ball Super” Character Revealed: “Champa”
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden” (3DS) Unlock Codes
- NEWS: “Extreme Butōden” (3DS) Japanese 1st Week Sales Figures
- Podcast Episode #0311: “Super Butōden” Retrospective
Podcast Episode #0381 — 16 June 2015
It is only within the last week or so that actual information about Dragon Ball Super has begun to make its way to the public. For a little bit there, we were not entirely sure the project would be ready in time! With the reveal of a logo and a 15-second preview trailer, we finally have enough to dig our collective teeth into. What is on the horizon for the first new series since the end of Dragon Ball GT…?
Episode #0381! VegettoEX and Hujio discuss “Dragon Ball Super” as we quickly approach its debut in July. After taking a look at the short preview trailer and official website updates, what is on the horizon for fans of the Dragon World, and is Toei truly taking advantage of the property they have?
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Super” Debut Preview Overview
- NEWS: Official “Dragon Ball Super” Website Updated, and More!
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden” (3DS) Rated For Australia
- New Interview Translation: 1995 Weekly Playboy Toriyama Feature
- New Interview Translations: Akira Toriyama & Special Talks
Podcast Episode #0380 — 03 May 2015
We are getting a new TV series. Let that sink in.
And that’s what we do this week on the show! We dedicate our entire podcast episode this week to Dragon Ball Super, the recently-announced, brand-spankin’-new TV series coming our way this July. In typical Kanzenshuu fashion, we don’t let the fact that we barely know anything slow down our conversation!
Episode #0380! VegettoEX, Hujio and Meri discuss the recently-announced, new TV series: “Dragon Ball Super”. What do we know about it so far, and what should we expect? How will it fit in with the existing franchise stories?
- NEWS: New “Dragon Ball Super” TV Series Announced For 2015
- SUPER HYPED for Dragon Ball S – Kirblog 4/30/15
Podcast Episode #0379 — 14 April 2015
Last week’s episode was host to our spoiler-filled review of the upcoming theatrical film, Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F”, from its first preview screening in Japan. This week’s show goes out to all the fans still somehow doing their best to avoid those massive spoilers! Tune in for a spoiler-free review of the movie along with a recap of FUNimation’s massive preview screening event in Los Angeles this past weekend featuring special guests Masako Nozawa and Tadayoshi Yamamuro!
Episode #0379! VegettoEX and Kirbopher discuss FUNimation’s preview screening for “Resurrection ‘F'” in Los Angeles, featuring special guests Masako Nozawa and Tadayoshi Yamamuro! Tune in for our take on how the event was handled along with a spoiler-free review of the movie!
- Kirbopher @ YouTube
- NEWS: FUNimation Announces “Resurrection ‘F'” Premiere Guests
- NEWS: Momoiro Clover Z “Vow of ‘Z'” CD Single Cover Artwork
- NEWS: Momoiro Clover Z “Vow of ‘Z'” CD Single Preview Video
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” Original Soundtrack Cover and Full Track Listing
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” Theatrical Bonus Item “Volume ‘F'” Previewed
- NEWS: “XENOVERSE” March 2015 PlayStation Network Top Sellers