Kanzenshuu – The Podcast
Your one and only Dragon Ball podcast!
Subscribe & Discuss
Each episode, the Kanzenshuu staff discuss the latest news in the world of Dragon Ball from across the globe before heading into a core topic — whether it be an in-depth discussion of the way in which the story and franchise was produced, theories for in-universe scenarios and “What If?” scenes, interviews with those actually involved with the franchise, thorough reviews of video games or home video releases, we have you covered! We wrap things up with the month’s upcoming releases, questions from the listeners, and much more! We regularly have contests, broadcast live (watch our Twitter and Facebook!), and have a great time sharing our love of the Dragon Ball franchise with you all each and every week.
Podcast Episode #0376 — 17 March 2015
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE has been out worldwide on all platforms for a bit now, so it is time to start serving up some verdicts! Join Mike (VegettoEX) and Kirran (LordMoonstone) this week for excitement about FUNimation’s license of the 2015 Dragon Ball Z film as well as an in-depth look at the fighting/role-playing extravaganza of a game that is XENOVERSE…!
Episode #0376! VegettoEX and LordMoonstone review “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE”. With a new story taking elements from the MMORPG “Dragon Ball Online” and transporting them into a fighting game, what kind of weird monster of a game do we have here? What kind of longevity will it have, and what should we expect in the future? Tune in for some excitement over FUNimation’s “Resurrection ‘F'” license along with more “XENOVERSE” and “Dragon Ball Kai” news!
- NEWS: FUNimation Acquires 2015 DBZ Movie: “Resurrection ‘F'”
- NEWS: Fifth “Dragon Ball Kai” Majin Buu Arc Ending Theme Announced
- NEWS: “XENOVERSE” & “Battle of Z” PlayStation Network Best-Sellers
- NEWS: NPD Report: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” #7 Game in February 2015
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Japanese 5th Week Sales Figures
- “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” @ Amazon
- “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” @ Steam
Podcast Episode #0375 — 05 March 2015
This is no longer the calm before the storm; we are in full-on madness mode as we approach next month’s Japanese theatrical debut for Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F”…! This time around on the show, in addition to a bit of catching-up on various bits of Dragon Ball Kai and gaming news, we dive in to all the spoilerific information we have about the upcoming film. For those wishing to stay clear of movie information, worry not, for we provide a clear break in the show. For the rest of you, join us for another ride! It’s 2013 all over again!
Episode #0375! VegettoEX and Hujio discuss the current state of “Dragon Ball Kai” in Japan and abroad before catching up on some related news. For those of you keeping up with all the spoilers for the upcoming film, “Dragon Ball Z: Revival of ‘F'”, this is the episode for you! Tune in for a recap on all the new information we have, our analysis and breakdown, and then your own thoughts!
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters” Official Soundtrack
- NEWS: Dragon Ball Kai “Majin Buu arc” Box #3 Released
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Japanese 4th Week Sales Figures
- Xenoverse Typos @ Tumblr
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Heroes” GDM1 Promotional Videos
- NEWS: “Extreme Butōden” (JP 3DS) Official Website & WJ Updates
- “Dragon Ball Z: Revival of ‘F'” Movie Guide Page
- Bulma’s Official Blog Daily Translations
- NEWS: Official “Revival of ‘F'” Website Character Profiles
- NEWS: Voice Actors Revealed in Hidden “Revival of ‘F'” Character Profiles
- TRANSLATION: Norihito Sumitomo Staff Blog Post – “Revival of ‘F'” Score
- NEWS: Freeza’s “Revival of ‘F'” Evolution To Be Revealed in WJ 2015 #15
- NEWS: New “Dragon Ball Z: Revival of ‘F'” Trailer Reveals Freeza Form
- Manga Guide Summary: Toyotarō “Revival of ‘F'” Chapter 1
Podcast Episode #0374 — 10 February 2015
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE is officially out… in Japan, anyway! That has never stopped us here at Kanzenshuu from diving in as soon as we can, however, and the latest video game for the franchise is no different. A little sickness doesn’t slow us down, either, so tune in for some sniffly first impressions on the new hotness.
Episode #0374! VegettoEX and Meri provide some early, first impressions on “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” based on its Japanese release. Dimps is back at the development helm, and a custom character creation mode gives players a chance to intervene on history’s behalf to save the Dragon Ball timeline. Is the game everything we had been hoping for, and how do its online modes affect the general gameplay experience?
- NEWS: Momoiro Clover Z to Provide Guest Voices in “Revival of ‘F'”
- NEWS: Bulma & Kame-Sen’nin “Revival of ‘F'” Designs in Saikyō Jump
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball SD” Receives Quasi-“Filler” Chapter in Saikyō Jump
- “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” (Japanese Version) @ CDJapan
- “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” (North American Version) @ Amazon
Podcast Episode #0373 — 27 January 2015
If you have not already checked out DB30YEARS, our special 30th anniversary celebratory magazine for Dragon Ball, we implore you to do so! On this week’s podcast episode, we are mining some of our original research from the magazine to bring you a discussion all about filler in the series. What role does it play, how does that work with the business model supporting the franchise (and larger genre as a whole), and just how close did the TV adaptation actually come to catching up with the manga serialization?
Episode #0373! VegettoEX and Hujio discuss the role of filler in a series like Dragon Ball and the various milestones at which the TV adaptation began to catch up with the manga serialization. Just how close did it get? Toss in some great “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” and “Revival of F” news, and that’s a show!
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Reveals in March 2015 V-Jump
- NEWS: DLC Season Pass Coming to “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE”
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” Japanese Preview Screening Updates
- NEWS: Pilaf Gang Set to Make Appearance in “Revival of ‘F'”
Podcast Episode #0372 — 22 January 2015
As each new year begins, we like to take a look back at some of the biggest stories to hit Dragon Ball fandom that prior year, pick out some of our own favorites, and make predictions for the new year. Part of that ritual is also checking in on the predictions we made the year before and seeing — at least in this year’s case! — how amazingly psychic we are.
Or, well, at least how we have been doing this long enough to be able to somewhat read the market!
What do you all see coming our way in 2015? Give the show a listen and let us know!
Episode #0372! VegettoEX and Julian discuss the top Dragon Ball news stories from 2014, along with a couple of their own picks. How did we do with our predictions from last year, and what do we see on the horizon for 2015?
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” 2015 DBZ Movie Trailer + Website Updates
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” DBZ Movie V-Jump & Festa Updates
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” 2015 Movie News: Kuririn Costume & “F” Insert Song
- NEWS: Momoiro Clover Z Contributing Song to “Revival of ‘F'” Movie
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” Receiving Toyotarō Three-Part Manga Adaptation
- NEWS: “Revival of ‘F'” Japanese Preview Screening Updates
(Please note that we have a bit of a curse: whenever it’s Julian’s turn to give predictions, something invariably happens with his audio. It was completely inaudible during recording, but a bit of a clicking affects a small portion of the show. It corrects itself, incidentally enough, right when he’s done with those predictions. Those responsible for the error have been sacked!)
Podcast Episode #0371 — 25 November 2014
It’s been a while, but it’s time for us to get back into the swing of things! Our celebratory magazine for Dragon Ball‘s 30th anniversary — DB30YEARS, which you can download for absolutely free right here on our website — is one of the subjects of discussion this week. How did it come to be, who are some of the people involved, and what are some of the articles you can look forward to? In addition to that, the upcoming 2015 movie — Revival of “F” — is obviously another gigantic piece of news, so between the movie and the magazine, we have you covered!
Episode #0371! VegettoEX and Hujio return to celebrate nine years of the podcast and thirty years of “Dragon Ball”…! We have a new movie on the horizon bringing us the return of Freeza, so tune in for the latest and most comprehensive news. Stick around for a recap of our “DB30YEARS” anniversary magazine, and then head on over to our website to download it for absolutely free!
- “Revival of ‘F'” Movie Guide Page
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball SD” Volume 3 Coming in December 2014
- DB30YEARS: Special Dragon Ball 30th Anniversary Magazine
- Final Fantasy: Celebrating 25 Years (Fan E-Magazine)
- The Unauthorized X-Men: SF And Comic Writers on Mutants, Prejudice, And Adamantium @ Amazon
Podcast Episode #0370 — 23 September 2014
This week has basically been all-XENOVERSE all the time! We have a short episode for you this time around, but it is a great catch-up on all the latest news for the game as well as experiences with the recent Japanese network test on the PlayStation 3. Tune in for the full scoop!
Episode #0370! VegettoEX dives into all the latest news on the upcoming “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” video game (Towa and Mira from “Dragon Ball Online”, PC announcement, etc.) before reviewing the game’s recent Japanese network test. How much is the game an MMO in comparison to being a fighting game and how does it feel so far? Your thoughts and a special musical treat from Vitek round out the episode!
- NEWS: Raditz & Paikuhan Joining “Zenkai Battle Royale” Roster
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle” Smartphone Game Announced
- NEWS: Shueisha Unveils Full “Shōnen Jump+” Digital Strategy
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Coming to PC/Steam
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Reveals in November 2014 V-Jump
- NEWS: Second “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Promotional Video
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Tokyo Game Show 2014 Extended Trailer
- CONTENT: Akira Toriyama Comments on “Super Dragon Ball Z” (Arcade)
- CONTENT: “Super Dragon Ball Z” Production Team Comment Translations
- Vitek’s “Anime Music Experience EP 2.1 – EP” @ iTunes
Podcast Episode #0369 — 16 September 2014
We have a wealth of content regarding the 2005 (arcade) / 2006 (PlayStation 2) video game Super Dragon Ball Z coming to the website! We kicked things off yesterday with an original sketch and quote from none other than Akira Toriyama himself looking forward to the game’s official debut. There are even more quotes coming from various members of the game’s production staff, so stay tuned for those.
In conjunction with this podcast episode, we also have a massive addition to our “Rumor Guide” that longtime fans may be able to already guess. This week on the show, we provide a behind-the-scenes look at how we got to the bottom of that rumor: did Akira Toriyama actually design the new version of Mecha Freeza?
Episode #0369! VegettoEX and Julian dive into the archives to determine once and for all if Akira Toriyama had any involvement in Mecha Freeza’s upgraded design for “Super Dragon Ball Z”. A recap of a trip to the “Dragon Ball Meets Science” exhibit at Nagoya City Science Museum, coverage of upcoming video game updates, and more wraps up our show for the week!
- “Dragon Ball Meets Science” Photos
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Heroes” JM6 Promotional Videos
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Heroes” Four Year Anniversary Stream Oct. 5th
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Coming to Tokyo Game Show 2014
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Network Test (JP/EU PS3) Updates
- NEWS: Third “Dragon Ball Kai” Majin Buu Arc Ending Theme Announced
- NEWS: Son Goku & Luffy Help Tease New “Shonen Jump+” Project
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Kai” 2015 Calendar
- NEWS: “Dimension of DRAGONBALL” Piccolo Figure Formally Unveiled
- “Rumor Guide” Addition: Mecha Freeza in “Super Dragon Ball Z”
- Akira Toriyama Comments on “Super Dragon Ball Z” (Arcade)
Podcast Episode #0368 — 26 August 2014
The extended edition of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods is in the news all over again courtesy of its home release announcement for both North America and the UK. This week on the show, in addition to some Dragon Ball XENOVERSE news goodness, we take a look at the twenty minutes of extra film footage. What helps the film flow more evenly, what has been added that fills in a few holes, and how does it compare to the original theatrical cut? Tune in for the full scoop!
Be warned: the discussion expects that you have seen at least the theatrical version of Battle of Gods!
Episode #0368! VegettoEX and Julian discuss the extended version of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods” from its original Fuji TV airing earlier in 2014. With a home release of this version planned for both North America and the UK, we dive into the extra footage to discuss its benefits to the film’s narrative flow. “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” news also abounds with previews of its character creation mode and upcoming network test.
- “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Updates in October 2014 V-Jump
- “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Updated Original Character Screen Shots
- “Dragon Ball XENOVERSE” Network Test Initial Information
- “Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2″ (JP 3DS) 2nd Week Sales
- North American “Battle of Gods” Home Release October 7th
- UK “Battle of Gods” Listings Indicate Extended Version Included
- Pre-order “Battle of Gods” @ Amazon
- Pre-order “Battle of Gods” @ RightStuf
- “Battle of Gods” Movie Guide Page
- “Battle of Gods” Special Extended Edition Documentation
Podcast Episode #0367 — 12 August 2014
The worldwide celebration for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods continued with last week’s North American theatrical debut for the English dubbed version of the film from FUNimation. We had a good idea of what to expect thanks to our buddies checking it out during the red carpet debut last month in California, but we had to check it out for ourselves!
Episode #0367! VegettoEX, Hujio, and Herms review the North American theatrical English dub debut for the film “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods”. Has FUNimation’s experience and new initiatives with “Kai” set the stage for this film? What leftovers from the early days made their way into the final product? Listen in for the full scoop!
- “Battle of Gods” North American Debut Coverage
- “Battle of Gods” Grosses $1 Million Opening Night in the U.S.
- “Battle of Gods” Special Extended Version Documentation
- What is the name of the God of Destruction? (It’s “Beerus”!)