The podcast is our chance to be a bit more personable and editorialize on the news… and this week’s episode may be the ultimate example of this show format. We at Kanzenshuu have been extremely disappointed in two items over the last week or so: (1) fandom’s incredulous response to the audacity of any company other than FUNimation to announce an English dub of Dragon Ball Super, and (2) a particular Spanish website’s unbelievably stubborn refusal to issue a correction on a major news item mistranslation.
Punches will not be pulled. Filters are off. This is our cathartic decompression and we’re gonna rant like it’s 1999.
Episode #0390! VegettoEX and Hujio hold nothing back as they criticize fandom’s response to a “Dragon Ball Super” English dub announcement for Asia. We also track the entire story behind a major news item mistranslation: there was no new movie announced for a trilogy of films during a convention in Spain, and the evidence is right there on the table for anyone to analyze.
- NEWS: Champa & Vados Voice Actors Revealed in “Dragon Ball Super”
- NEWS: “Dragon Ball Super” Hits DVD Rental Market in Japan
- NEWS: Japanese McDonald’s x “Dragon Ball Super” Happy Meal Campaign
- NEWS: Toonami Asia to Premiere Exclusive “Super” English Dub in 2016
- NEWS: New Dragon Ball Movie Confirmation Rumor Debunked
- LISTENINGS: Kirblog – The “Beerus Saga” of DBSuper
Enjoy! Discuss this episode on the Kanzenshuu forum, and be sure to connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Tumblr.
I don’t really care who is handling that dub just soo long its not going to be our dub and FUNimation was X’d out. I can’t see DBS being done by anyone else but FUNimation.
But heck if we get a Speedy Dub / Malaysian Dub / SAIYA-PEOPLE Dub there then I will automatically import it for lols.