22 January 2021 by VegettoEX
24 December 2020 by VegettoEX
26 November 2020 by VegettoEX
16 November 2020 by VegettoEX
In conjunction with the launch of the game’s third “season” of content, Dragon Ball FighterZ latest patch introduces a variety of promised gameplay updates, character tweaks, and new modes.
Updated Battle Screen
– Updated the battle screen.
Selectable Z Assists
– Players can now choose from 3 assists for each character.
– Health gauge changes when one character remains, and the character has the following effects.
① Increased damage output
② Ki gauge increases by one
③ Opponent’s recoverable health is reduced on hit (except with invincible moves)
Adjustments to Instant Overheads
– All jumping attacks will no longer hit a crouching opponent when performed as the character is rising into the air (AKA instant overheads).
– Characters blocking mid-air will be in a crouching state after landing.
– When hit just before landing from a jump, characters will be in a grounded state rather than a mid-air state.
– Added a gauge that displays health proportion for all members of a team.
– Reduced recovery.
– Can now deflect Ki Blasts.
– Pressing the heavy attack button during a Ki Charge will now perform a Super Dash.
– Ki Charge can now be continued for a set amount of time even when Ki gauge is maxed out.
– Can now be canceled with a Special Move or Super Dash during camera shift.
– Made it easier to combo into when the opponent is taking damage mid-air.
– Can now be performed after landing a standing light attack.
– If landed in a combo, it can now be canceled after the attack with a Vanish.
– The number of jumps and mid-air dashes available resets after a Dragon Rush break.
Dragon Rush (Forced Switch)
– When a switch is forced via Dragon Rush, the switch will occur faster than before.
– Switch-in timing can now be manually controlled with a ← input after the forced switch.
Powered-up Special Moves
– They now only consume half a Ki gauge.
→ + Medium Attack
– While Sparking! is active, the character will no longer go over the opponent when the move is canceled into an air dash.
Standing/Crouching Heavy Attack
– Increased the move’s damage during camera shift.
Jumping Heavy Attack
– Removed landing recovery during camera shift.
Guard Cancel Change
– Increased the attack level when clashed.
– Can no longer use another Z Assist until some time has passed after the opponent stops blocking.
– Z Assists that blowback will always knock the opponent in the direction the Z Assist character is facing.
– Adjusted where Z Assists appear.
– Made it possible to perform a simple air dash even when holding ↗ immediately after jumping.
– Attacks hitting sub-characters such as Saibamen and the Ginyu Force can now be canceled.
– Fixed an issue in which landing a certain way after an attack with landing recovery would cause that same recovery to occur on the next jump.
– Fixed an issue in which performing an attack immediately after blocking would cause problems with the hurtbox during the following action.
– For certain attacks that lock the opponent in place and trigger a cinematic sequence, the hitboxes are no longer active during the hitstop.
Additional character-specific updates are detailed on Bandai Namco Europe’s official website.
The 3-on-3, “2.5D” fighting game is developed by Arc System Works and is currently available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC (via Steam). A first “FighterZ Pass” with eight additional playable characters is available for $29.99, with a “FighterZ Pass 2” available for $24.99 adding another six, and an ongoing “FighterZ Pass 3” also available with five announced character slots. Said additional paid characters are also all available piecemeal at $4.99 each.
Dragon Ball FighterZ was originally released 26 January 2018 in North America and Europe, and 01 February 2018 in Japan, across the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Alongside its Japanese release, Bandai Namco announced that they had shipped two million copies of the game, making it the fastest-shipping game in the franchise’s history. The game also shipped on the Nintendo Switch back in September 2018.